Date is 2010-06-08, times are UTC+02.
23:02 <alanc> good afternoon 23:03 <+Bart_Massey> Greetings. 23:03 <+Bart_Massey> Apologies for my lateness; previous meeting ran a bit long. 23:03 <alanc> the only thing I have for today's agenda is offering congratulations to dberkholz if he's around 23:04 <alanc> though I suspect there's XDS business to discuss, and maybe Form 1023/501(c)(3) progress? 23:04 <+Bart_Massey> Regardless, and for the minutes, congratulations! On... ? 23:05 <alanc> the release of his latest medical experiment... 23:05 <+Bart_Massey> Oh. Nice! 23:05 <alanc> "Max William, born May 25, 8 lbs 11 oz and 22" long" 23:05 <alanc> 8-) 23:05 <+Bart_Massey> Wow. Yes, big congratulations. 23:06 <alanc> http://dev.gentoo.org/~dberkholz/personal/pics/max.jpg 23:06 <+Bart_Massey> Is Stewart and/or Keithp here? 23:06 <+Bart_Massey> Pretty, pretty baby. 23:06 <+dberkholz> i'm here 23:06 <+Bart_Massey> Er, Stuart 23:06 <+dberkholz> thanks 23:06 <+Bart_Massey> dberkholz: Holding up OK? 23:07 <agd5f> hey, sorry I'm late 23:07 <+dberkholz> things are settling down enough that i can think straight again, although i'll probably be sleep-deprived for at least another couple months 23:07 <+mherrb> dberkholz: congratulations. 23:08 <+dberkholz> alanc: may 24 actually; just took me a while to get to twitter =) 23:08 <+Bart_Massey> dberkholz: oh well, at least we geeks are no strangers to low-sleep. :-) 23:08 <+anholt> keithp is off at a conference today, unlikely to be here I'd guess. 23:08 <agd5f> alanc: I'll send you what I have so far for the 1023 irs forms if you want to see it. maybe you have some ideas 23:09 <alanc> dberkholz: what? you had something better to do? 8-) 23:09 <stukreit> bart: a question for me? 23:10 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: Yeah, wondering how the financial records are doing; are you getting everything from Keithp that you need? 23:10 <+Bart_Massey> I ask because presumably this is part of what is needed to complete the other stuff. 23:11 <+Bart_Massey> IIRC we need a financial report and financial projection; nothing fancy, but at least a modest one. 23:11 <stukreit> I do have a pile of data from keith 23:12 <agd5f> I wrote a list of the remaining things I need for the 1023 form in addition to the financial records 23:12 <agd5f> 1. month our accounting period ends 23:12 <agd5f> 2. phone number? SFLC's number? 23:12 <agd5f> 3. Are we an LLC or a corporation? 23:12 <agd5f> 4. copy of the bylaws 23:12 <agd5f> 5. names, titles, mailing addresses of officers, directors, trustees 23:12 <agd5f> -- Does this include the board? 23:12 <agd5f> 6. conflict of interest policy? 23:12 <agd5f> 7. Successor to another org? 23:12 <agd5f> 8. list of fund-raising activities 23:12 <agd5f> 9. list of xorg copyrights, trademarks, patents, etc. 23:12 <agd5f> 10. types of contributions we accept (land, IP, etc.) 23:12 <agd5f> 11. do we plan to fund organizations in addition to individuals 23:12 <agd5f> 12. financial info 23:13 <stukreit> I do not have a defined deliverable. Is there an old example of these things from this or another small organization? 23:14 <agd5f> stukreit: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1023.pdf 23:14 <agd5f> although I don't know of an example 23:14 <+Bart_Massey> No, I think we've never done them before. Karen at SFLC described it as something simple; just a half-page accounting of how we've spent our money in the past n years (3, I think?) and a plan for how we will spend it in the next m years (2, I think?) 23:14 <+Bart_Massey> You should talk to Karen and/or agd5f to figure out the details. 23:15 <stukreit> Is Karen approachable for this basic kind of question? 23:15 <+Bart_Massey> AFAIK 23:15 <stukreit> So I guess you're saying I should meet with agd5f offline.. 23:16 <agd5f> stukreit: I'll forward you what I have so far 23:17 <+Bart_Massey> Our Bylaws require an annual Treasurer Report in any case. :-) 23:17 <stukreit> ok. as a status report, its "nothing to report". as an action item, I have: "talk with agd5f, then with Karen" 23:17 <+Bart_Massey> Perfect. 23:17 <agd5f> Bart_Massey: where can I find a copy of the bylaws? 23:18 <agd5f> all I could find on the x.org wiki was proposed changes 23:18 <stukreit> bart: would you set a delivery date for this? 23:18 <alanc> http://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors has a link to the Bylaws 23:18 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: I'd be more comfortable with alanc doing it as Secretary. 23:18 <+Bart_Massey> Ultimately, he's the lead on this, I think. 23:19 <stukreit> yeah, but he can do me direct bodily harm. I'd rather it was someone far away ;-) 23:19 <agd5f> we have to file some sort of tax thing in delaware 23:19 <+Bart_Massey> :-) 23:19 <alanc> locking you in your office until it's done is indirect bodily harm, not direct... 23:20 <+Bart_Massey> Somebody needs to update the Bylaws page on the wiki to reflect that we've been operating under those Bylaws for several years now. 23:20 <stukreit> I see you've read the new employee handbook carefully 23:20 <+Bart_Massey> agd5f: what do we need for that? 23:20 <agd5f> if we don't pay by march 1, 2011, we lose our corporation 23:20 <agd5f> pay whatever taxes we owe I guess 23:20 <+Bart_Massey> agd5f: Well then. Let's pay. 23:21 <alanc> Bart_Massey: I guess I should do that as Secretary - I'll add it to my todo list 23:21 <+Bart_Massey> agd5f: AFAIK, as a 501(c)3 we don't owe any, but it would be good to know. 23:21 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: Thanks 23:22 <agd5f> Bart_Massey: we aren't a 5013c yet until we finish the 1023 right? 23:22 <alanc> I noticed it before, but didn't make a note of it and forgot 23:22 <+Bart_Massey> agd5f: It beats me. Talk to Karen. 23:22 <+Bart_Massey> In any case, our total income is tiny, so I doubt we would owe much. 23:23 <agd5f> If you guys want to look over the stuff I just forwarded and fill in any info you may have, I can talk to Karen and organize a call or something 23:24 <agd5f> stukreit: we should talk first I guess to sort out the financials 23:24 <stukreit> ok. any chance you can get a better scan of the delaware notice you just sent us? 23:25 <agd5f> stukreit: I got that from bart 23:25 <agd5f> Bart_Massey: do you have an original? 23:25 <+Bart_Massey> Somewhere 23:25 <agd5f> or just that scan? 23:26 <stukreit> and who is Ian Sullivan? 23:26 <+Bart_Massey> Beats me 23:26 <agd5f> someone at SFLC apparently 23:26 <stukreit> Let's put that on the list to ask Karen. He might be knowledgable 23:26 <+Bart_Massey> What's the problem with the scan? 23:27 <stukreit> just whining about it. I'll blow it up a bit 23:27 <marcheu> Ian Sullivan is one of the SFLC guys, he was one of the guys I talked to about nouveau I think 23:28 <stukreit> Well, we need a definition or boilerplate of a "delaware annual franchise tax report". Was one ever made before? 23:29 <agd5f> don't know 23:29 <+Bart_Massey> I doubt it 23:29 <+mherrb> the bod wiki on expo is giving me an internal server error. There's definatly something wrong with this machine. 23:30 <stukreit> would it be crazy to ask Ian Sullivan what the heck that is? 23:31 <+Bart_Massey> Not at all 23:31 <agd5f> stukreit: I guess we should email Karen and Ian with what we have and try and get this sorted out 23:31 <alanc> expo's disk is 96% full, but I have no idea what we'd clear 23:31 <+Bart_Massey> agd5f: Agree completely 23:31 <stukreit> I think i've asked enough dumb questions for today. I'll catch up with agd later, you guys can move on with your agenda 23:31 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: We can buy more disk for it if we need to 23:32 <+mherrb> alanc: don't clean the previous years financial reports :) 23:32 <alanc> looks like it's running with something like 2 8gb disks 23:32 <+Bart_Massey> lol that would be easy to not do 23:33 <+Bart_Massey> Cool. 16GB!!! That's *huge*! 23:33 <+Bart_Massey> We should retire the box, I guess; I think keithp has the plan for replacing it, no? 23:33 <alanc> my phone has twice that 8-) 23:34 <agd5f> weren't there some v40z's floating around unused for a while? 23:34 <stukreit> at mit 23:34 <agd5f> althugh those are pretty old at this point 23:34 <+mherrb> about xds: I tried to mail out the english version of the short presentation of the event with sponsoring opportunities I originally did in french to seek local sponsors. it bounced at email@example.com and got stuck on expo. 23:34 <agd5f> ah 23:34 <agd5f> mherrb: it's alexdeucher @ gmail 23:35 <+mherrb> yes. it bounced because of the pdf attachment apparently. 23:36 <+anholt> Bart_Massey: keithp and tollef have been poking around for $ for new machines, I know, but not succeeding so far. 23:36 <stukreit> agd: they're old if you have something better, but I don't anticipate more hardware from oracle in the forseeable future 23:37 <alanc> last plan I remember discussing for the v40z's was using them as tinderbox clients 23:37 <agd5f> stukreit: they are probably more than enough for what we need 23:37 <stukreit> how about the plan being to get someone nearby to commit to going over there and racking them? 23:38 <alanc> ajax is the closest to them 23:39 <alanc> I can get mail through to firstname.lastname@example.org but haven't seen board mail go through 23:42 <alanc> so does anyone have anything else to discuss today, or are we ready to adjourn? 23:43 <+Bart_Massey> move to adjourn 23:43 <+emmes> +1 23:44 <agd5f> +1 23:44 <+mherrb> adjourn. I'm tring to get my data sent by pigeons. 23:44 <alanc> thanks everyone 23:44 <+Bart_Massey> ! 23:44 <alanc> meeting adjourned