Date is 2010-10-11, times are UTC+02

23:00 <alanc> Good afternoon/evening
23:00 <agd5f> hello
23:00 <+dberkholz> yep
23:05 <+dberkholz> Bart_Massey: did you get stephane's email about gsoc vendor info?
23:05 <+Bart_Massey> Yes, albeit later than I should have.  I responded.
23:05 <alanc> hmm, looks like is still broken
23:06 <+dberkholz> ah, must've been in the past couple of days.
23:06 <+Bart_Massey> indeed
23:09 <alanc> so we still seem to be missing anholt, keithp, emmes, and mherrb
23:10 <+anholt> here
23:11 <keithp> I'm here as well
23:11 <alanc> since the board wiki is still down, I assume the election committee hasn't been able to do much since last meeting
23:12 <agd5f> yup
23:13 <alanc> Stuart says he has nothing to report from treasurer status beyond what he already sent in e-mail (new check for Matt sent to Keith for co-signing) - did anyone want to discuss the mail he forwarded about a donation policy?
23:13 <alanc> do we need to explicitly state that money doesn't buy any promises before we start accepting donations to the 501(c)3?
23:13 <+dberkholz> i agree with the impression alanc got from them
23:14 <+Bart_Massey> I just got a phone call and have a family emergency.  Have to go now---sorry.
23:14 <+dberkholz> yeah, i'm pretty sure you are right about that. otherwise it doesn't count as donation anymore but as other income
23:14 <alanc> we have linked to donors before, but I think that was out of gratitude, not a condition of the donation
23:15 <+anholt> while we try to get expo up again, I can fwd the 2009 process text to the committee if that would help.
23:15 <agd5f> anholt: yes please
23:16 <alanc> if I remember right, this should be around the time they're thinking about the schedule and making sure the membership process stuff is working for new members to sign up before the elections
23:16 <+anholt> we have 0 apps in the queue at the moment, last app was a month ago or so.
23:17 <+anholt> who was the committee this year?
23:17 <+anholt> meh, I'll just forward to board@
23:17 <alanc> agd5f, mherrb, mhopf, & keithp should be this years committee, since they're most recently elected
23:17 <alanc> but board works too
23:18 <keithp> no reason to not use the board list; the only interesting piece is who gets the 'write enable' bits
23:18  * keithp has been hacking on SIMD hardware a bit too much
23:21 <+anholt> done.
23:21 <alanc> agd5f: any 501(c)3 news?
23:22 <agd5f> alanc: just waitig for stuart to update the financial numbers post-XDS
23:23 <alanc> okay, I'll remind him
23:23 <agd5f> thanks
23:24 <alanc> just saw dberkholz's comment about professional designers not liking the "do work for a small chance of getting paid" systems, which I can understand
23:25 <alanc> (and actually saw a well written blog on over the weekend from a designer responding to GAP's logo design "contest" that expressed similar feelings)
23:26 <alanc> so if we go forward with the contest, we'll probably get more students & amateurs than professionals
23:26 <+dberkholz> my guess is that we'd get better quality from free vs small amount of money
23:27 <+dberkholz> people are willing to give away things they wouldn't sell for a pittance
23:27 <agd5f> yeah, I agree.  it's the "fame" reward
23:34 <alanc> so do we want to keep up the idea of a contest but without a cash prize?
23:34 <+dberkholz> the only trick will be reaching the right audience.
23:35  * anholt feels entirely neutral about the logo change plan.
23:35 <+dberkholz> we'll just have to re-submit the original logo as an option, so if none of them beat it, they don't get adopted
23:36 <agd5f> sounds fine to me.
23:38 <+dberkholz> i'm not deeply passionate about getting a new logo but i'm ok with it
23:40 <keithp> yeah, the existing logo is lame, but I doubt we'll get anything substantially better...
23:41 <agd5f> should we just work on gettig the current one properly registered?
23:43 <alanc> doesn't seem like anyone is all that passionate about a new logo - marcoz (aka Matt Dew) was the only one interested in figuring out how we move forward with organizing a replacement
23:44 <marcoz> i'm just volunteering to do the grunt work.  either way (keep the existing or look for new) is fine by me.
23:45 <+dberkholz> sounds like we should just stick with what we've got, until people feel more enthusiastic about changing it
23:45 <marcoz> it would be nice to have some colors in the logo that we could use in the rest of the site.  color coordination as it were.
23:47 <+dberkholz> i need to run in a few minutes. is there anything besides this we need to get through today?
23:48 <alanc> I don't have anything else for the agenda -does anyone else?
23:48 <agd5f> nothing here
23:50 <alanc> I move to adjourn then
23:50 <keithp> second
23:51 <alanc> see you all in two weeks then