Date is 2010-12-20, times are UTC+01

23:03 <alanc> are we getting closer to having an election calendar?
23:03 <alanc> looks like the mailing list got updated today
23:03 <stukreit> hi
23:04 <+Bart_Massey> Sorry I'm late
23:04 <keithp> bart isn't proud -- chatzilla
23:04 <+emmes> yeah
23:04 <+Bart_Massey> seems to work
23:04 <+Bart_Massey> :-)\
23:05 <+emmes> i mailed to it and daniel noted that he probably shouldn't get the mail ;-)
23:05 <keithp> heh
23:05 <alanc> but at least you got his attention to update it
23:05 <agd5f> keithp: if you are cool with the schedule I sent out, we're ready to go I think
23:07 <agd5f> election-wise
23:07 <keithp> argh. my wiki passwd appears broken
23:10 <keithp> agd5f: schedule looks fine to me
23:10 <agd5f> cool.  then were set I think.
23:11 <keithp> excellent!
23:11 <alanc> apologies, I don't have much of an agenda put together today - mostly been concentrating on getting the 7.6 katamari finished (everything's posted to the website, just need long enough between meetings today to write up and send out the announcement)
23:11 <keithp> alanc: the number of commits you've done in the last week...
23:12 <+emmes> agd5f: yeah, looks good.
23:12 <+emmes> i'll try to understand the mysql setup then for dealing with the poll
23:12 <alanc> from what I remember doing it last year it wasn't that hard, but the web ui sucks
23:13 <+emmes> :]
23:13 <+emmes> i have yet to actually find it ;-)
23:13 <agd5f> emmes: cool.  thanks.  I volunteer to chair the committee and send out the announcements.  If there is any task anyone else on the election committee wants let me know
23:15 <+mherrb> I can help proof-reading announcement and such but not much more.
23:15 <agd5f> sounds good
23:16 <+mherrb> Last time I tried to get more people become members by spamming active contributors who were not already members wasn't really successful.
23:16 <+mherrb> So I don't think it's worth to renew the effort.
23:17 <alanc> btw, since I missed even informal roll call - are anholt & dberkholz actually here?
23:17 <agd5f> mherrb: yeah, I think a reminder to xorg ML is enough
23:18 <agd5f> stukreit: any news on the financial info?  If you want to forward what you have to karen and cc me, that would be a good start.  IIRC, there's some time period you have to apply for 501c3 status after incorporating and if you miss it, the IRC does not look kindly upon it
23:18 <alanc> I have been wondering since our discussion last time if we want to restrict git commit access to members, so we have at least the illusion of a legal agreement in place with committers, even if it isn't much more than a best effort at not contributing encumbered/third-party IP without permission
23:18 <agd5f> s/IRC/IRS/
23:18 <stukreit> hah
23:19 <keithp> alanc: git commit restrictions would mean having an assigned maintainer for everything
23:19 <stukreit> I'll forward you the short status.
23:20 <alanc> keithp: not necessarily - could still have just as many committers as today, just change the requirements to get commit access from provide keys + get ack to provide keys, get ack, and submit membership form
23:21 <agd5f> stukreit: thanks
23:21 <agd5f> Also, karen strongly recommends we get a postal address for xorg.  A PO box would do.  thoughts?
23:22 <stukreit> I have no idea. How much responsibility does this entail?  
23:22 <keithp> agd5f: I tried a PO box for a while; it timed out...
23:23 <keithp> stukreit: you have to actually go to the post office on a regular basis
23:23 <keithp> some kind of forwarding service wouldn't suck
23:23 <stukreit> who does that anymore? ebay-people?
23:23 <+Bart_Massey> little mall shops
23:23 <+Bart_Massey> names like "mailboxes etc"
23:23 <stukreit> perhaps there's a non-post-office, non-PO box service that does just as nicely.
23:24 <keithp> yeah, would be worth a small amount of money for that
23:24 <agd5f> maybe fedex/kinkos/mailboxes etc has something like that
23:25 <stukreit> the idea being a very lightweight, low-traffic service
23:26 <keithp> yeah, we could pay for 1st class postage for anything delivered
23:26 <alanc> at least in the short term, I suppose having it come to the same zip code as the current treasurer & secretary both work in would make sense, but a forwarding service would allow it to change every term if needed
23:26 <agd5f> anyone want to research that?
23:26 <stukreit> i
23:26 <stukreit> I'm doing it. looking at fedex etc
23:26 <keithp> stukreit: tnx!
23:26 <stukreit> you're off the hook!
23:27 <keithp> My plan didn't work out so well anyway
23:28 <stukreit> keithp: one of these days I'm going to get a solid committment from hsbc to get me online access, I may need you to respond to them.
23:28 <stukreit> did you ever get a security device?
23:28 <keithp> stukreit: yes, I have one
23:29 <keithp> let me know if there's anything I can do to make that work for you
23:29 <stukreit> so, um, you could grab the detailed 5 years of statements that agd says Karen needs?
23:29 <keithp> nope
23:29 <stukreit> :-(
23:30 <keithp> the on-line system provides only 1 year
23:30 <keithp> and I've got all of those
23:30 <stukreit> bofa >> hsbc
23:30 <keithp> well, that should have been obvious
23:30 <agd5f> keithp, stukreit: can xorg reimburse me for the 2009 and 2010 delaware franchise fees ($25/year, $50 total)?  I paid with my credit card.  I can send you my address
23:30 <stukreit> I'll have to talk to a live droid then
23:30 <keithp> stukreit: good luck
23:31 <keithp> agd5f: yes, we can. stukreit: who should write a check?
23:31 <stukreit> I'll do it.
23:31 <agd5f> thanks
23:31 <stukreit> I have stuff with me today.
23:31 <keithp> sweet!
23:32  * keithp is out shopping and fedexing
23:32 <keithp> charbucks has free wifi these days, fortunately
23:32  * Bart_Massey got thrown out of Fry's for hooliganry
23:34 <+Bart_Massey> other business?
23:35 <stukreit> yas
23:35 <stukreit> yes, about the po box
23:35 <stukreit> explain again why we need a po box and not a residential address? just convenience to the volunteer?
23:36 <stukreit> 'cause I aint movin. ever.
23:36 <keithp> stukreit: yeah, that was my question :-)
23:36 <keithp> stukreit: would mean you'd be stuck getting the mail
23:36 <stukreit> until we changed the address.
23:36 <+Bart_Massey> if you'll be treasurer indefinitely that's great...
23:36 <+Bart_Massey> we hated to presume... :-)
23:37 <+Bart_Massey> if we're going to be changing the address every year or two that's not so good
23:37 <agd5f> stukreit: lots of legal forms require a postal address and SFLC doesn't want to be that address
23:37 <stukreit> even if not a perpetual committment, how is it different than a po address
23:37 <+Bart_Massey> that's why we want a forwarding service
23:37 <agd5f> since they might move or mail might get lost etc
23:37 <stukreit> well, I guess I'd be fine with a 5 year committment. Is that long enough?
23:37 <+Bart_Massey> we can re-aim that as needced\
23:37 <+emmes> remember we had bad experience with a fixed address before. not implying that this would be the case again, of course.
23:37 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: sure!
23:37 <agd5f> doesn't have to be a PO box, just a postal address
23:38 <stukreit> I don't recall a bad experience. Was this with Keith's home address?
23:38 <alanc> wasn't the previous fixed address Leon's?
23:38 <+Bart_Massey> emmes: not worried about it
23:38 <+emmes> afaik yes.
23:38 <marcheu> talking about bank & money, did we ever receive the SoC money? I can't access the bank statements but if the money is in there whoever has access to it needs to reimburde SoC travel expenses
23:38 <stukreit> maybe it was a Leon thing, not an address thing
23:39 <+Bart_Massey> If we can guilt stukreit for 5 years of treasurer then i say we do whatever it takes :-)
23:39 <+emmes> of course it was ;-)
23:39 <+anholt> oh, hi.  here now.
23:39 <keithp> anholt: strong work
23:39 <stukreit> so, putting a number on it like 5 makes it more approachable.
23:39 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit indeed
23:39 <alanc> or at least 5 years of being the mail service for the treasurer, even if he just forwards the mail once every month or two
23:40 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: ssh! hne 
23:40 <+Bart_Massey> he want s
23:40 <stukreit> guess I have to beat on hsbc again. They were so nice on the phone last time, but they sent me the mastercard instead of the dongle
23:40 <+Bart_Massey> 5 years of treasurer :-)
23:41  * Bart_Massey added a lot of accidental CRs and feels a bit silly
23:41 <stukreit> yeah, why not. I'm a good treasurer. I'm tight with money ;-)
23:41 <keithp> stukreit: a mastercard would be useful :-)
23:41 <agd5f> stukreit: are you a masochist? ;)
23:41 <stukreit> guess so
23:41 <+Bart_Massey> saint is the word you're looking for
23:41 <agd5f> right
23:43 <+Bart_Massey> Battery almost gone. Gtg.
23:43 <stukreit> ok. this thread is done. time to work, anyone?
23:43 <keithp> yeah, back to shopping for me
23:43 <+Bart_Massey> Happy Holidays all!
23:43 <agd5f> sounds good
23:43 <alanc> see you all next year
23:43 <+Bart_Massey> indeed
23:43 <keithp> ttfn
23:43 <stukreit> ok  have a good one.
23:44 <alanc> our next scheduled meeting should be Jan. 3 
23:44 <marcheu> ahem*soc*ahem :)
23:44 <+emmes> ok,cu all
23:44 <+Bart_Massey> afaik im out of loop this year?
23:44 <alanc> I think that depends on stukreit getting access to check the bank statements
23:44 <stukreit> As treasurer, I have no access to the statements, will make calls now and try again to work it.
23:44 <alanc> stukreit: did you ever confirm the intel $ either?
23:44 <+Bart_Massey> bye!
23:45 <stukreit> nope!
23:45 <agd5f> I though gsoc paid students directly
23:45 <stukreit> keith? any confirmation?
23:45 <marcheu> agd5f: it's reimbursement for mentor travel to the mentor summit
23:45 <alanc> though we can afford to reimburse people first, and make sure google paid up later
23:45 <agd5f> marcheu: ah, right