Date is 2011-02-28, times are UTC+01.
23:00 <+alanc> good afternoon 23:00 <+emmes> he 23:00 <+mherrb> hi 23:01 <+Bart_Massey> howdy 23:01 <agd5f> hello 23:01 <+dberkholz> hi 23:01 <+alanc> 2 hours left in the election 23:02 <+Bart_Massey> cool 23:02 <+dberkholz> i'm attempting to vote now. 23:02 <+dberkholz> searching for my password recovery email 23:02 <+alanc> I have to reset it every year since it won't let you choose your password, just forces a random string on you 23:03 <+dberkholz> hm. i found an old one now, but my new one still hasn't shown up. 23:03 <+alanc> seems to be going smoothly so far - anything the election committee needs to report? 23:04 * alanc saw mixed response to the candidate questionairre, and little followon discussion this year 23:04 <agd5f> alanc: all seems well 23:04 <+emmes> i have nothing (unusual) to report 23:04 <+keithp> hey, I get 30 minutes here today 23:04 <+Bart_Massey> I filled out all the responses for the questionnaire, and then didn't send them. 23:05 <+emmes> Bart_Massey: evil you!!1 23:05 <+emmes> seriously, answers from more candidates have been missed :-( 23:05 <+Bart_Massey> It seemed like the whole thing was more intended to start an argument than to help with the process 23:06 <+Bart_Massey> I guess it was Luc publically trashing Eric for one of his answers that got me 23:06 <+emmes> so again, special thanks to Alan, Eric, and Tiago! 23:06 <+alanc> it did seem biased towards things Luc complains about and few other voters ever seem to pay attention to 23:06 <+dberkholz> sometimes i wonder if we should have a code of conduct like some other projects 23:06 <+emmes> partially, you're right, of course. still many questions were reasonable. too many, though. 23:06 <+Bart_Massey> I decided that nothing I could say was likely to (a) distinguish myself from the other candidates, or (b) change anyone's opinion 23:07 <stukreit> I felt that the questions were so coerced that answering them would only tangle things up. 23:07 <+emmes> please also consider that not *only* Luc contributed questions ;) 23:07 <+Bart_Massey> dberkholz: I don't think Luc crossed any code-of-conduct lines in that discussion, though 23:07 <+Bart_Massey> emmes: Yeah, last year when the questions went direct from the askers to the list it worked better. 23:07 <+emmes> Bart_Massey: there was one exception. /me thinks. 23:07 <+alanc> dberkholz: I thought about that after the radeonhd git incident last year - perhaps something for the next board to consider with the perspective of distance from the hot arguments there 23:08 <+emmes> Bart_Massey: we didn't have q&a last year 23:08 <+Bart_Massey> IIRC we did, it was just informal 23:08 <+Bart_Massey> Certainly did two years ago when I ran last. 23:08 <+dberkholz> is the password recovery working at the moment? 23:08 <+Bart_Massey> Some people asked the candidates questions on the list, and some of us answered them. 23:08 <+dberkholz> i'm still waiting for an email 23:09 <+emmes> I was asked by several (well, 2) people when I was voted why there wasn't a q&a... 23:09 <stukreit> keith: what State is the LLC registered in? 23:09 <+Bart_Massey> Shall I find a student to completely rewrite the webapp? 23:09 <+keithp> stukreit: delaware, of course 23:09 <+Bart_Massey> Can I pay them via VoC? 23:09 <+emmes> Bart_Massey: sounds like a good idea IMHO. it can't get much worse. 23:10 <+dberkholz> could do gsoc, since it is part of x.org and there seems to be more of a shortage of students than obtainable slots 23:10 <stukreit> I'm on the phone with them to transfer our main branch from Madison ave, nyc to University ave, palo alto 23:10 <+dberkholz> on a related note, gsoc applications opened today for organizations, and the deadline's march 11 23:10 <+alanc> dberkholz: would it be going to an old e-mail address? I don't have admin access at the moment to check 23:10 <+Bart_Massey> I'm fine either way, but I thought that as a not-very-x-related activity it might be appropriate to fund it ourselves 23:11 <+dberkholz> alanc: doubt it, my ones from 2008 and onwards went to the same place 23:11 <+Bart_Massey> if you know what I mean 23:11 <+Bart_Massey> I'll check; sec 23:11 <+dberkholz> doesn't debian or some other org already have something? 23:11 <+alanc> I'm also not sure if it's a summer-long full-time job 23:11 <+mherrb> and aren't there already enough polling applications around? 23:12 <+Bart_Massey> Sorry; looks like I lost the admin bit when I lost the election bit 23:12 <+emmes> yeah, adapting one of them for our purposes is probably more reasonable. but somebody would have to do that... 23:12 <+alanc> yeah, seems like one of the many other membership based open source orgs like debian, gentoo, gnome, etc. would have something we could use 23:12 <+Bart_Massey> Yeah, we can probably cobble together out of existing pieces 23:13 <+Bart_Massey> Or reuse something or something 23:13 <+Bart_Massey> It doesn't need to do that much 23:13 <+Bart_Massey> I could probably do the whole thing myself in Drupal 23:13 <+Bart_Massey> Shall I put up a prototype at some point? 23:14 <+dberkholz> gentoo's app requires logging into systems and running command-line apps 23:14 <+dberkholz> i bet debian does something with gpg-signed email 23:15 <+alanc> the one opensolaris used required ssh'ing to a system with your shell set to a python based voting app 23:15 <stukreit> maybe I'm not changing the branch. They just dropped me off hold 23:16 <+Bart_Massey> There's a very nice-looking Drupal module that already does Borda Count 23:16 <+Bart_Massey> I could literally have a prototype up in a couple of hours 23:16 <+dberkholz> condorcet is where it's at. 23:16 <+Bart_Massey> We're Borda Count 23:16 <+Bart_Massey> It's better 23:16 <+Bart_Massey> for what we do 23:17 <+Bart_Massey> Regardless, I think it's in the Bylaws 23:17 <+alanc> Bart_Massey: well, if you've got a few hours, seems worth trying out in time to decide for next year's election 23:17 <+alanc> can't be too much worse than what we've got 23:17 <+Bart_Massey> 'K, I'll give it a shot at some point. Bug me if you don't hear from me on it. 23:18 <+alanc> stukreit: anything else to report treasurer-wise? 23:18 <stukreit> yes. I have the security device and have setup web access 23:19 <+alanc> does that give what you need to finish the 501(c)3 reports? 23:19 <stukreit> The main task we're sitting on is the 5 years of statements, which has to be requested to the branch 23:19 <stukreit> so, I'm changing the branch to palo alto, but if it takes a week (like everything with them) 23:19 <+alanc> ah, and that's presumably easier for you to do at the Palo Alto branch than the Manhattan branch? 23:19 <stukreit> I'll try to work with the nyc branch by phone 23:20 <stukreit> I would love to go to the manhattan branch. 23:20 <stukreit> I'd have lunch with my kid. 23:21 <stukreit> but I think walking into a local branch is better than working the 800 numbers and phone hell. That has proven to be not-effective to the extreme 23:21 <+alanc> still, flying you to New York to visit our branch in person seems rather technologically backwards 23:22 <+emmes> very 23:22 <+alanc> anything else to report on the 501(c)3? just waiting on financial records? 23:23 <stukreit> phones, email, and web access is not backwards, but they are ineffective with this company 23:23 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit, keithp: can you folks send a check to SFLC now? 23:23 <stukreit> uh, ok? what's the name and amount? 23:23 <+Bart_Massey> $7500 as per the last meeting minutes 23:24 <+Bart_Massey> Software Freedom Law Center 23:24 <stukreit> I think I can send it directly without a 2nd sig. 23:24 <+dberkholz> we agreed last meeting that we'd send a 7500 one-time check with 2000/yr follow-ups 23:24 <+keithp> stukreit: is the account all fixed now? 23:24 <stukreit> maybe. ha ha ha 23:25 <+Bart_Massey> sadly, have to run rsn. other business? 23:25 <stukreit> Its scary working with hsbc. When you type your name and address, they forcibly uppercase each field. 23:25 <+dberkholz> hmm. still waiting on a password reset. wonder if anyone else is trying to vote today. 23:25 <+keithp> JUST DON'T TRY TO HAVE A DOT IN YOUR NAME 23:25 <stukreit> I have a dot in my email address. sigh 23:26 <+Bart_Massey> Can someone with admin privs on the site check dberkholz' email address and/or reset his pw? 23:26 <+Bart_Massey> I apparently don't anymore 23:26 <+emmes> keithp: my login is matthias.hopf , so it includes a dot... 23:26 <+alanc> I don't have anything else we need to discuss today. I'm assuming the next board meeting will be on the same schedule for now, and the new board members can discuss then what ongoing schedule works best for them 23:26 <+Bart_Massey> Sounds good. Bye all! 23:27 <+emmes> right 23:27 <agd5f> oh, we have to certify the results at some point 23:27 <+dberkholz> preferably at some point after voting ends =) 23:27 <+emmes> actually, before next monday, because they are supposed to be presented to the outside world then 23:27 <agd5f> right, but does anyone know what needs to be done to "certify" them? 23:28 <+alanc> I know the members.x.org site lies to me claiming my login should be first.last, but somehow it's always been a.coopersmith 23:28 <+emmes> good question :-) 23:28 <+anholt> sorry for the delayed join, I chose the wrong wifi option on the phone and got no network :/ 23:28 <+emmes> I assume this means at least two people staring at the numbers and agreeing on seeing the same numbers :-] 23:28 <+alanc> I don't remember if we'd done anything in the past beyond that 23:28 <+dberkholz> alanc: re username, mine is definitely right. i get a different error message w/ wrong password vs wrong username 23:29 <+alanc> may also have to kick the mail daemon on expo, since it likes to die - anholt or Mithrandir may be able to help there 23:30 <+alanc> (for anholt: dberkholz isn't getting his members.x.org password reset mail so he can vote in the 1.5 hours left in this election) 23:30 <+alanc> I suppose certifying also includes verifying that the results you announce aren't going to put 3 intel people on the board 23:30 <stukreit> anholt: m.x.o doesn't know me at all. 23:31 <+anholt> I will warn *: I have no clue about mail in general, and even less about mail on expo 23:31 <+alanc> strange, I see Donnie in the members list but not Stuart 23:32 <+anholt> dberkholz: you are greylisting expo 23:33 <+dberkholz> and expo can't handle that? 23:33 <+anholt> expo is apparently waiting as it has been told to 23:33 <+anholt> I will put your info in ~dberkholz if you'd like 23:34 <+dberkholz> how long of a greylist could it be? i've been waiting more than half an hour.. 23:34 <+keithp> dberkholz: an hour is typical 23:34 <+keithp> it's the default retry time for the mailer 23:34 <+dberkholz> anholt: if you've got the info, that would be great since you're here now. 23:39 <+alanc> so unless anyone else has something, I think it's time to call the meeting adjourned 23:39 <+keithp> alanc: seconded 23:39 <agd5f> +1 23:42 <+mherrb> +1 23:42 <+alanc> thanks for coming everyone - see (most? all?) of you again in two weeks