Date is 2011-03-28, times are UTC+03.

00:00 <+mherrb> hello
00:01 -!- mode/#xf-bod [+v alanc] by ChanServ
00:01 < agd5f> hi
00:01 -!- mode/#xf-bod [+v agd5f] by ChanServ
00:01 -!- mode/#xf-bod [+v stukreit] by ChanServ
00:01 <+alanc> hello
00:02 <+alanc> are anholt, keithp, emmes or stukreit awake?
00:03 <+stukreit> awake (hey, I just talked to you in the hall, wasn't that enough to convince you?)
00:04 <+alanc> yes, but you needed to say something in channel so I could count you here for the meeting
00:04 <+stukreit> ok. I'll say '  '.
00:04 <+alanc> want to start us off with an update on the treasurer work for the 501(c)3?
00:05 <+alanc> or any other treasurer reporting you have?
00:05 <+stukreit> ok. I got 2008 statements from hsbc and worked them up into a spreadsheet, adding later years stuff
00:05 <+stukreit> hope to send it to sflc rsn
00:05 <+stukreit> that's about it.
00:05 <+alanc> did you or adg5f find out how soon our deadline is?
00:05 <+stukreit> let me check my email
00:06 <+stukreit> "we have until april to get this in"
00:06 <+stukreit> ok, I better hustle this before cob today
00:08 <+stukreit> just gave her a heads up
00:09 <+alanc> hrm, still only 4 of the 8 board members here
00:10 <+alanc> seems we really do need a new time - so far only Keith responded to that e-mail
00:10 <+agd5f> alanc: I'm pretty flexible
00:11 <+alanc> I failed to send out a call for XDC proposals, but Michael Larabel responded that he's still willing to host
00:11 <+mherrb> earlier works for me, although I may be available less often.
00:11 <+alanc> do we want more proposals to look at?
00:11 <+mherrb> since it will be more in the middle of dinner time. 
00:11 <+alanc> it sounded like an hour earlier would work for Keith
00:12 <+stukreit> did any of the people not here issue any difficulty with this time?
00:13 <+alanc> Bart needed to check his class schedule, Keith is unavailable after 2pm
00:13 <+alanc> will have to poke others via e-mail I guess
00:14 <+stukreit> We need to at least engage the board in agreeing to the meeting, perhaps if we put proposed times to a vote, we can get full participation on that.
00:16 <+alanc> so any comments on XDC?  or anything else we want to discuss with only half a board?
00:17 <+stukreit> you said something about santa rosa, piggybacking another conf?
00:17 <+alanc> btw, is stukreit on the board mailing list yet?
00:17 <+mherrb> no new comments on my parts on XDC.
00:17 <+stukreit> I don't think so, I haven't gotten anything
00:17 <+alanc> Linux Plumbers is in Santa Rosa in September - but there's no one really local there to organize, just us a couple hours south
00:18 < omcfadde> is there any estimated month for XDC?
00:18 <+stukreit> oh, just got a board email from adg5f
00:18 <+agd5f> It'd be nice to have it coincide with lpc
00:18 <+alanc> omcfadde: sometime in 2011, nothing more definite yet
00:18 < omcfadde> alanc: I see
00:19 <+alanc> it's been a couple years since stukreit put together an XDC, maybe he's forgotten how much fun it was
00:19 <+stukreit> Santa Rosa's a sleepy place, shouldn't be hard/expensive to setup
00:19 <+stukreit> dunno if they have internets there. I know they have chickens
00:20 <+alanc> would have almost as much wine as France did
00:20 <+stukreit> (checking driving distance from SR to Sonoma)
00:21 <+alanc> looks like ~20 miles
00:22 < omcfadde> any info on how much budget is available for flights? I would of course ask my employer about making it a business trip, but as a backup...
00:22 < omcfadde> I'm not sure about the policy for sponsorship is nowadays.
00:22 <+stukreit> "sonoma hiway" runs thru it.
00:22 <+agd5f> omcfadde: IIRC, we should have plenty of money for sponsorships
00:22 <+stukreit> omc:  Don't worry about budget, just make your request and see how it flys
00:23 < omcfadde> agd5f, stukreit: ok, cool :)
00:23 <+alanc> omcfadde: we've never really set a fixed budget for total sponsorships, just evaluated each request on a case by case basis
00:23 <+alanc> don't think we fully spent the $15k intel gave us last year for XDC2010
00:24 <+stukreit> I did not cosign many checks at all for 10 !
00:24 < omcfadde> well, at least now I'm old enough to drink with you guys in the U.S.
00:26 -!- Bart_Massey [] has joined #xf-bod
00:26 -!- mode/#xf-bod [+v Bart_Massey] by ChanServ
00:26 <+alanc> says 7-9 September 2011 in Santa Rosa, CA, USA
00:26 <+Bart_Massey> Apologies for my lateness. Class ran long today.
00:26 <+anholt> alanc: sorry, was in a meeting.  back now.
00:28 <+alanc> sounds like two more votes for continuing the discussion on the board mailing list about finding a better meeting time
00:29 <+Bart_Massey> Yeah, I normally am free at 1:50 Pacific, but I would be fine with another day.
00:30 <+alanc> so back to the XDC topic - do we want to see if anyone has another proposal or wants to offer to set something up colocated with LPC?   or just tell Michael to start planning one in Chicago?
00:30 <+agd5f> I'd prefer to do something in conjunction with lpc
00:30 <+agd5f> but I'm not local to CA, so...
00:31 <+Bart_Massey> I think we should ask Michael to start planning one in Chicago. :-) I think that an offer in hand is worth a lot, and I don't see any very good reason to reject Michael's offer. 
00:31 <+stukreit> I can make some comments about the current idea of lpc
00:31 <+Bart_Massey> But maybe I missed some discussion that would change my opinion?
00:32 <+alanc> I wonder if the Linux Foundation would help with organizing/finding space in Santa Rose
00:32 <+stukreit> 1. no reasonable public transportation. SFO and OAK are 40 to 100 miles away
00:33 <+stukreit> I don't think there are any big hotels. How did LF decide on it anyway?
00:33 <+Bart_Massey> I'm maybe a little concerned that between not working out Brazil with Tiago and then not working out Chicago with Michael, we start to look like we're soliciting help and then rejecting it...not good.
00:33 <+anholt> I'm fine with the chicago plan.
00:34 <+anholt> I like working with an existing proposal, instead of waiting for some other proposal to show up at this point.
00:34 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: Maybe somebody's a Peanuts fan. :-)
00:34 <+stukreit> yeah. .. how far along is Michael with the Chicago idea?
00:35 <+alanc> waiting for us to tell him if it's worth spending any more time on it
00:36 <+stukreit> is it a proposal yet? something that can be put to a vote?
00:36 <+alanc> he sent a nice writeup a couple months ago, before you were on the board mailing list
00:36 <+stukreit> or.. is Santa Rosa a proposal with a champion? If not, then encourage M
00:36 <+alanc>
00:37 <+stukreit> I'll read it. I thought the way we worked is that if the idea wasn't outlandish, we indulged. 
00:37 <+stukreit> for goodness sakes, we had XDS at a Zoo!
00:37 <+alanc> oh, found emmes mail that he was on vacation for this meeting, but voted in favor of larabel's proposal
00:37 <+anholt> xds at the zoo was awesome.
00:37 <+anholt> but mostly I remember the penguins.
00:37 <+stukreit> ok. maybe you'll find Chicago awesom
00:38 <+alanc> so do we want to vote on giving Michael the go ahead to start trying to arrange venue & dates?
00:38 <+Bart_Massey> I propose that we solicit a proposal of specific date and venue from Larabel, with the proviso that we will accept his proposal unless there is some extraordinary reason not to.
00:38 <+alanc> any scheduling restrictions we want to give him?   Not overlapping with LPC seems like a requirement
00:39 <+stukreit> damn, he's got it together!
00:39 <+agd5f> I'd prefer santa rosa, but since we don't have anyone local to plan, chicago is fine with me.  Also, not overlapping with lpc for times
00:39 <+Bart_Massey> I would be fine with August instead of September...
00:39 <+agd5f> it might still be warm in Chicago in august ;)
00:40 <+stukreit> agd5f:  I'd like to express the point that Chicago is a proposal made by someone who stands behind it. I don't see that the Santa Rosa idea has an owner.
00:40 < omcfadde> fyi I'm happy with any location in the U.S. (another city to visit); but, for people traveling from Europe, it makes sense to try to colocate it with LPC
00:41 < omcfadde> colocate in either the same city, or the same timeframe... so you could fly from home-> LPC -> XDC -> home
00:41 < omcfadde> or vice versa
00:41 <+Bart_Massey> I'm not sure the overlap with LPC is that large.
00:41 <+Bart_Massey> I can think of four or five people who are probably planning to attend both.
00:41 <+agd5f> stukreit: right, that's why I'm fine with it
00:42 <+Bart_Massey> There are probably a dozen, but I'm not sure there's more.
00:42 <+Bart_Massey> Many of those are already in the US.
00:42 < omcfadde> ok. I thought there would be more overlap. in that case, I guess Chicago is fine, and already seems to be somewhat underway
00:43 < omcfadde> at least Michael would be able to organize that.
00:44 < omcfadde> from his proposal EU -> Chicago isn't too expensive. about $1000 USD (one way, I assume.)
00:45 <+alanc> so it seems like we have a consensus on going forward with Michael's proposal for Chicago?
00:45 <+Bart_Massey> +1
00:45 <+anholt> +1
00:45 <+stukreit> bewarned his airfares are 9/10. They are up a lot today
00:45 <+stukreit> +1
00:46 <+Bart_Massey> Airline prices are unpredictable, but Chicago to London or Frankfurt is going to be about as cheap as it gets.
00:46 <+alanc> +1
00:46 <+agd5f> +1
00:46 <+Bart_Massey> I'd assume an extra couple of hundred dollars to get to Santa Rosa, however one does that.
00:46 <+mherrb> +1
00:47 < omcfadde> stukreit: right, I'd have to check the prices again when dates are decided, then maybe my employer pays, or X foundation (if I have a presentation), or myself.
00:47 <+alanc> okay, so who will respond to Michael's e-mail?
00:48 <+Bart_Massey> The Secretary, of course. :-)
00:48  * alanc was afraid that was the answer
00:48 <+alanc> I'll try to get to it sooner this time than I did my AI's from last meeting
00:48  * Bart_Massey feels bad for how easy that was
00:49 <+Bart_Massey> You're doing great. Thanks much as always!
00:49 <+alanc> anything else we want to discuss today?
00:50 <+Bart_Massey> Move to adjourn
00:50 <+agd5f> +1
00:51 <+Bart_Massey> Bye all!
00:51 <+alanc> thanks for coming - board members please respond to the meeting time e-mail thread so we can work that out soonish
00:51 -!- Bart_Massey [] has quit [Quit: Leaving]
00:51 -!- alanc changed the topic of #xf-bod to: X.Org Foundation Board: just hanging the washing up | Next meeting: *Monday* Apr. 11, 2pm US/Pacific -- Note that US DST started Mar. 13!