Date is 2011-06-23, times are UTC+02.

23:00 <keithp> afternoon
23:00 <matthieu> hi
23:00 <+alanc> hello
23:00 <+Bart_Massey> howdy
23:01 <stukreit_> hi
23:01 <+Bart_Massey> keithp:ca
23:01 <+Bart_Massey> keithp: Cat Allman says hi
23:01 <+Bart_Massey> keithp: Are you still in France?
23:01 <+alanc> mhopf sent regrets in direct mail
23:01 <keithp> nope, home again!
23:02 <+Bart_Massey> Welcome back!
23:02 <+alanc> are anholt or agd5f around?
23:02 <keithp> anholt is off with family today
23:02 <agd5f> hi
23:03 <+alanc> so we have at least two agenda items for XDC
23:03 <+alanc> there's the travel funding request for Martin, one of the nouveau developers who has offered to talk about nouveau
23:04 <agd5f> +1 to funding him
23:04 <+alanc> his estimated cost was ~776€ / $1100
23:04 <mupuf> hi, I'm martin
23:05 <+alanc> welcome martin
23:05 <mupuf> thanks :)
23:05 <+alanc> sounds like a good one to me too
23:05 <stukreit_> +1 to fund
23:05 <+Bart_Massey> +1
23:05 <+alanc> +1
23:05 <matthieu> +1
23:05 <keithp> +1
23:06 <+alanc> and mhopf sent his support in his message about not being able to make it today, so it sounds as close to unanimous as we can get
23:08 <+alanc> mupuf: your request is approved - stukreit can help explain to you what sort of receipts we'll need for reimbursement of expenses and work out details of the payments
23:08 <agd5f> mupuf: let us know if you need an invitation as well for visa purposes
23:08 <mupuf> alanc: thanks a lot! I'll contact him privately when you are done with the board
23:09 <+alanc> the other XDC item was the catering expenses which michaellarabel & stukreit had exchanged e-mail about
23:09 <mupuf> agd5f: Should be fine, no need for Visas to go to the US from France
23:09 <stukreit_> mupuf:  Please save receipts for air, hotel, ground transport, etc. If you're well prepared with a final figure, I can give you a check in $US currency at the conference.
23:09 <+alanc> mupuf: you can also reach him at the email address listed on
23:10 <+Bart_Massey> You don't need a Visa or a visa either :-)
23:10 <mupuf> stukreit_: Ok, perfect. I'll prepare everything so as we can sort everything out at the conference
23:10 <mupuf> alanc: ok, thanks
23:10 <stukreit_> A rounded figure will be acceptable.
23:11 <mupuf> stukreit_: ok, perfect :) (no need to chase for cents)
23:11 <stukreit_> bart: my wife starts at Visa on monday. free cards for everybody! (not)
23:11 <+Bart_Massey> lol
23:13 <+alanc> so the last e-mail I saw on the catering was that stuart was waiting for some clarifications from IIT - did we get those?   do we have close enough figures to be able to vote today?
23:14 <stukreit_> no answer from them. yawn. I'm willing to go on trust with this, they can't be totally crazy, can they?
23:16 <+Bart_Massey> Unlikely. +1 for going ahead with the catering
23:16 <+alanc> do you remember the approximate costs?   I believe the quote was assuming food for 70 people, right?
23:17 <stukreit_> it was the usual, $5 to $15 per person each snack depending on the treats.
23:18 <+alanc> yes, with the usual unfortunate effect of the healthy fresh fruit being a lot more expensive than sugary baked treats
23:18 <stukreit_> no alcohol on that.  We might ask them (or not ask them) if we can drag a few cases of beer in.
23:19 <+alanc> michael was also going to look into the usual offsite evening dinner/drinking after we nailed down the daytime catering too
23:19 <michaellarabel> Hi, around now.
23:20 <michaellarabel> Right, for offsite dinner still looking at that and basically just looking for any further guidance what types of places are acceptable per aforementioned concerns about dietary restrictions of some.
23:21 <+alanc> so did anyone else have anything they wanted to discuss on the catering for the conference breaks?  or are we ready to vote?
23:21 <michaellarabel> And in terms of bringing a few crates of beer, i think the room agreement said that alcohol can be provided by the catering company, but it's likely just crap beer, so I'd likely ignore it anyhow.
23:21 <+alanc> does it ban byob?
23:21 <stukreit_> I'm ready to vote my +1, and I'm the most curmudgeonly one here.
23:22 <agd5f> +1 for catering
23:22 <matthieu> +1
23:22 <keithp> +1 from me
23:22 <michaellarabel> alanc: If I remember the verbage correctly, it would ban byob, but it's something I personally would at least ignore. If bringing in like barrels/kegs at a time, that could be another story.
23:22 <+Bart_Massey> +1
23:22 <stukreit_> alanc:  question one is do they prohibit b, answer is apparently no. 
23:22 <+alanc> +1
23:23 <stukreit_> +1
23:23 <+alanc> not that we usually have too much drinking inside the meeting room itself, mostly hanging out in bars after
23:24 <+alanc> looks like all members have voted in favor of the IIT catering
23:24 <matthieu> the last 2 pages of the excel sheet seem to place heavy restrictions on alcohol on campus. 
23:24 <michaellarabel> matthieu: I'll take a look again and my interpretation. Most American places though for their legal verbage always sound overly restrictive for legal reasons.
23:25 <+Bart_Massey> I'm fine with limiting drinking to with offsite dinner in the evenings. Better than fine, actually, given some of the reports I heard from last year :-)
23:25 <+alanc> as for guidance towards places for food, I think as long as they have options for people who don't eat meat at all, or who don't eat specific types of meat (pork, etc.), it should be fine
23:25 <stukreit_> just so we know ahead of time.  We dont _have_ to do it. 
23:25 <agd5f> a lot of restaurants in Chicago are byob
23:26 <matthieu> Bart_Massey: afaik all alcohol drunk in Toulouse was drunk outside of the university :)
23:26 <+alanc> I think we went to a seafood place in Portland, but it had salads & pasta for the vegetarians, and you probably remember the restaurant in Toulouse as well as I do
23:26 <michaellarabel> ag5f: Yes, lots of places are BYOB for free or they will charge like a $2 'corkage fee' if bringing in your own wine/beer.
23:26 <keithp> matthieu: and that was an impressive amount :-)
23:26 <jcristau> matthieu: we only drank water in toulouse
23:26 <agd5f> I'd say lets keep the drinking to the bars so we don't get kicked out of our own conference
23:26 <+alanc> there was coffee and juice in the basement in toulouse
23:27 <michaellarabel> alanc: so would a menu like that be acceptable in your view?
23:27 <+alanc> the overindulgence was long after the university had locked the doors for the night and the attendees were out on the town
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> cool
23:28 <michaellarabel> Bart: had you figured out your book sprint stuff yet?
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> anyway, let's go with it. I really don't care what we do, as long as I don't have to think about it any more :-)
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> michael: no :-(
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> I've been in survival mode for the last couple of weeks.
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> I'll work on it after OSBridge finishes tomorrow
23:29 <+alanc> michaellarabel: yes, that looks like it has a safe mix to me, with plenty of veggie options
23:29 <+alanc> and kosher-ish if you don't require actual rabbinical supervision
23:29 <marcoz> Bart: let me know if/how I can help with the book sprint stuff.
23:30 <michaellarabel> that restaurant looks like it would also meet the price requirements and the downtown location is in a very nice area with many other bars around for afterwards. I also have one contact at that particular restaurant as well to hopefully work out some deal.
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: You can indeed. Let me draft you an email here in a little bit. THanks much
23:30 <marcoz> Bart_Massey, cool and you're welcome.
23:31 <+Bart_Massey> Well, I'm going to go unless we have other pressing business... ?
23:32 <+Bart_Massey> Good to talk to all of you aga
23:32 <+Bart_Massey> in
23:32 <stukreit_> no bznss, but I heard from the lawyers that 1) Karen has moved on to, and 2) its taking a long time to get boilerplate for conflict of interest dogs.
23:33 <stukreit_> (docs)
23:35 <marcoz> conflict of interest? is that just standard paperwork now?
23:36 <stukreit_> If you have a standard doc, please send it on!
23:36 <marcoz> no I mean  conflict of interest here sounds strange. I guess I wasn't expecting that in the OSS world.
23:38 <stukreit_> Most of us are employees of companies that have an interest in what we do.
23:38 <agd5f> marcoz: it's mostly to keep the foundation from doing shady things
23:38 <agd5f> there are some related sections in out bylaws, but the lawyers would rather see a formal doc
23:38 <+alanc> marcoz: part of establishing that we are worthy to be a non-profit charity and not just acting as a front for a for-profit corporation
23:38 <agd5f> *our
23:39 <marcoz> ah gotcha.
23:39 <marcoz> i apparently am stuck in the past.  i forget all the business interests.
23:40 <marcoz> and human nature. lol
23:41 <+alanc> well, the IRS sees all these big company names on and wants to make sure we're acting properly
23:42 <+alanc> since clearly they don't know how hard it would be to get the corporate overlords at Intel & AMD to agree to conspire on anything
23:43 <stukreit_> you can throw Oracle into that clash of titans too
23:44 <+alanc> I'd have used Oracle & Red Hat as an example, but there's no Red Hat folks left on the board
23:45 <+alanc> anyways, I guess we're effectively adjourned now, since no one piped up when Bart asked before leaving
23:47 <+alanc> thanks for coming everyone, see you in two weeks