Date is 2011-06-23, times are UTC+02.
23:00 <keithp> afternoon 23:00 <matthieu> hi 23:00 <+alanc> hello 23:00 <+Bart_Massey> howdy 23:01 <stukreit_> hi 23:01 <+Bart_Massey> keithp:ca 23:01 <+Bart_Massey> keithp: Cat Allman says hi 23:01 <+Bart_Massey> keithp: Are you still in France? 23:01 <+alanc> mhopf sent regrets in direct mail 23:01 <keithp> nope, home again! 23:02 <+Bart_Massey> Welcome back! 23:02 <+alanc> are anholt or agd5f around? 23:02 <keithp> anholt is off with family today 23:02 <agd5f> hi 23:03 <+alanc> so we have at least two agenda items for XDC 23:03 <+alanc> there's the travel funding request for Martin, one of the nouveau developers who has offered to talk about nouveau 23:04 <agd5f> +1 to funding him 23:04 <+alanc> his estimated cost was ~776€ / $1100 23:04 <mupuf> hi, I'm martin 23:05 <+alanc> welcome martin 23:05 <mupuf> thanks :) 23:05 <+alanc> sounds like a good one to me too 23:05 <stukreit_> +1 to fund 23:05 <+Bart_Massey> +1 23:05 <+alanc> +1 23:05 <matthieu> +1 23:05 <keithp> +1 23:06 <+alanc> and mhopf sent his support in his message about not being able to make it today, so it sounds as close to unanimous as we can get 23:08 <+alanc> mupuf: your request is approved - stukreit can help explain to you what sort of receipts we'll need for reimbursement of expenses and work out details of the payments 23:08 <agd5f> mupuf: let us know if you need an invitation as well for visa purposes 23:08 <mupuf> alanc: thanks a lot! I'll contact him privately when you are done with the board 23:09 <+alanc> the other XDC item was the catering expenses which michaellarabel & stukreit had exchanged e-mail about 23:09 <mupuf> agd5f: Should be fine, no need for Visas to go to the US from France 23:09 <stukreit_> mupuf: Please save receipts for air, hotel, ground transport, etc. If you're well prepared with a final figure, I can give you a check in $US currency at the conference. 23:09 <+alanc> mupuf: you can also reach him at the email address listed on http://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors 23:10 <+Bart_Massey> You don't need a Visa or a visa either :-) 23:10 <mupuf> stukreit_: Ok, perfect. I'll prepare everything so as we can sort everything out at the conference 23:10 <mupuf> alanc: ok, thanks 23:10 <stukreit_> A rounded figure will be acceptable. 23:11 <mupuf> stukreit_: ok, perfect :) (no need to chase for cents) 23:11 <stukreit_> bart: my wife starts at Visa on monday. free cards for everybody! (not) 23:11 <+Bart_Massey> lol 23:13 <+alanc> so the last e-mail I saw on the catering was that stuart was waiting for some clarifications from IIT - did we get those? do we have close enough figures to be able to vote today? 23:14 <stukreit_> no answer from them. yawn. I'm willing to go on trust with this, they can't be totally crazy, can they? 23:16 <+Bart_Massey> Unlikely. +1 for going ahead with the catering 23:16 <+alanc> do you remember the approximate costs? I believe the quote was assuming food for 70 people, right? 23:17 <stukreit_> it was the usual, $5 to $15 per person each snack depending on the treats. 23:18 <+alanc> yes, with the usual unfortunate effect of the healthy fresh fruit being a lot more expensive than sugary baked treats 23:18 <stukreit_> no alcohol on that. We might ask them (or not ask them) if we can drag a few cases of beer in. 23:19 <+alanc> michael was also going to look into the usual offsite evening dinner/drinking after we nailed down the daytime catering too 23:19 <michaellarabel> Hi, around now. 23:20 <michaellarabel> Right, for offsite dinner still looking at that and basically just looking for any further guidance what types of places are acceptable per aforementioned concerns about dietary restrictions of some. 23:21 <+alanc> so did anyone else have anything they wanted to discuss on the catering for the conference breaks? or are we ready to vote? 23:21 <michaellarabel> And in terms of bringing a few crates of beer, i think the room agreement said that alcohol can be provided by the catering company, but it's likely just crap beer, so I'd likely ignore it anyhow. 23:21 <+alanc> does it ban byob? 23:21 <stukreit_> I'm ready to vote my +1, and I'm the most curmudgeonly one here. 23:22 <agd5f> +1 for catering 23:22 <matthieu> +1 23:22 <keithp> +1 from me 23:22 <michaellarabel> alanc: If I remember the verbage correctly, it would ban byob, but it's something I personally would at least ignore. If bringing in like barrels/kegs at a time, that could be another story. 23:22 <+Bart_Massey> +1 23:22 <stukreit_> alanc: question one is do they prohibit b, answer is apparently no. 23:22 <+alanc> +1 23:23 <stukreit_> +1 23:23 <+alanc> not that we usually have too much drinking inside the meeting room itself, mostly hanging out in bars after 23:24 <+alanc> looks like all members have voted in favor of the IIT catering 23:24 <matthieu> the last 2 pages of the excel sheet seem to place heavy restrictions on alcohol on campus. 23:24 <michaellarabel> matthieu: I'll take a look again and my interpretation. Most American places though for their legal verbage always sound overly restrictive for legal reasons. 23:25 <+Bart_Massey> I'm fine with limiting drinking to with offsite dinner in the evenings. Better than fine, actually, given some of the reports I heard from last year :-) 23:25 <+alanc> as for guidance towards places for food, I think as long as they have options for people who don't eat meat at all, or who don't eat specific types of meat (pork, etc.), it should be fine 23:25 <stukreit_> just so we know ahead of time. We dont _have_ to do it. 23:25 <agd5f> a lot of restaurants in Chicago are byob 23:26 <matthieu> Bart_Massey: afaik all alcohol drunk in Toulouse was drunk outside of the university :) 23:26 <+alanc> I think we went to a seafood place in Portland, but it had salads & pasta for the vegetarians, and you probably remember the restaurant in Toulouse as well as I do 23:26 <michaellarabel> ag5f: Yes, lots of places are BYOB for free or they will charge like a $2 'corkage fee' if bringing in your own wine/beer. 23:26 <keithp> matthieu: and that was an impressive amount :-) 23:26 <jcristau> matthieu: we only drank water in toulouse 23:26 <agd5f> I'd say lets keep the drinking to the bars so we don't get kicked out of our own conference 23:26 <+alanc> there was coffee and juice in the basement in toulouse 23:27 <michaellarabel> alanc: http://www.moescantina.com/private_booking.htm so would a menu like that be acceptable in your view? 23:27 <+alanc> the overindulgence was long after the university had locked the doors for the night and the attendees were out on the town 23:28 <+Bart_Massey> cool 23:28 <michaellarabel> Bart: had you figured out your book sprint stuff yet? 23:28 <+Bart_Massey> anyway, let's go with it. I really don't care what we do, as long as I don't have to think about it any more :-) 23:28 <+Bart_Massey> michael: no :-( 23:28 <+Bart_Massey> I've been in survival mode for the last couple of weeks. 23:28 <+Bart_Massey> I'll work on it after OSBridge finishes tomorrow 23:29 <+alanc> michaellarabel: yes, that looks like it has a safe mix to me, with plenty of veggie options 23:29 <+alanc> and kosher-ish if you don't require actual rabbinical supervision 23:29 <marcoz> Bart: let me know if/how I can help with the book sprint stuff. 23:30 <michaellarabel> that restaurant looks like it would also meet the price requirements and the downtown location is in a very nice area with many other bars around for afterwards. I also have one contact at that particular restaurant as well to hopefully work out some deal. 23:30 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: You can indeed. Let me draft you an email here in a little bit. THanks much 23:30 <marcoz> Bart_Massey, cool and you're welcome. 23:31 <+Bart_Massey> Well, I'm going to go unless we have other pressing business... ? 23:32 <+Bart_Massey> Good to talk to all of you aga 23:32 <+Bart_Massey> in 23:32 <stukreit_> no bznss, but I heard from the lawyers that 1) Karen has moved on to gnome.org, and 2) its taking a long time to get boilerplate for conflict of interest dogs. 23:33 <stukreit_> (docs) 23:35 <marcoz> conflict of interest? is that just standard paperwork now? 23:36 <stukreit_> If you have a standard doc, please send it on! 23:36 <marcoz> no I mean conflict of interest here sounds strange. I guess I wasn't expecting that in the OSS world. 23:38 <stukreit_> Most of us are employees of companies that have an interest in what we do. 23:38 <agd5f> marcoz: it's mostly to keep the foundation from doing shady things 23:38 <agd5f> there are some related sections in out bylaws, but the lawyers would rather see a formal doc 23:38 <+alanc> marcoz: part of establishing that we are worthy to be a non-profit charity and not just acting as a front for a for-profit corporation 23:38 <agd5f> *our 23:39 <marcoz> ah gotcha. 23:39 <marcoz> i apparently am stuck in the past. i forget all the business interests. 23:40 <marcoz> and human nature. lol 23:41 <+alanc> well, the IRS sees all these big company names on http://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors and wants to make sure we're acting properly 23:42 <+alanc> since clearly they don't know how hard it would be to get the corporate overlords at Intel & AMD to agree to conspire on anything 23:43 <stukreit_> you can throw Oracle into that clash of titans too 23:44 <+alanc> I'd have used Oracle & Red Hat as an example, but there's no Red Hat folks left on the board 23:45 <+alanc> anyways, I guess we're effectively adjourned now, since no one piped up when Bart asked before leaving 23:47 <+alanc> thanks for coming everyone, see you in two weeks