Date is 2011-07-21, times are UTC+02.
23:01 <+mherrb> hi 23:02 <michaellarabel> hi 23:03 <+alanc> hello 23:03 <marcoz> howdy 23:04 <+alanc> I have mail from adg5f that he can't make it today, and emmes that he might not 23:04 <+Bart_Massey> Apologies for my lateness 23:04 <+alanc> that should give us 6 members - so far I see me, bart, and matthieu 23:04 <stukreit> hi 23:04 <+alanc> anholt_? keithp ? stukreit ? 23:04 <+anholt_> hi 23:05 <+keithp> yup! 23:05 <+keithp> (sorry, impromptu mtg) 23:07 <+alanc> okay - primary agenda item I have is XDC 23:07 <+alanc> everything going according to plan? plans lining up, payments being made, etc.? 23:07 <+Bart_Massey> I'm behind still on the book sprint. 23:07 <stukreit> payments being made 23:08 <michaellarabel> (stukriet - I just reforwarded you the contract per your email to Christian a few minutes ago) 23:08 <stukreit> checks almost in the mail 23:08 <stukreit> thanks michael 23:09 <stukreit> They still didn't update the catering spreadsheet with contacts and correct phone numbers. I'll send jennifer a ping on it. 23:09 <+alanc> Bart_Massey: yeah, got my travel approval, but been waiting to book tickets until you sent dates for the book sprint 23:09 <+Bart_Massey> Aiee. 23:09 <stukreit> Also, they ask for "If tax exempt, please include Tax Exempt letter". I don't have one 23:09 <stukreit> "dear sirs, we are tax exempt. period. have a nice day" 23:10 <+alanc> are we tax exempt until the 501(c)3 is approved? 23:10 <stukreit> duhh 23:11 <+alanc> (I'm assuming there's no news on that front since we're waiting for the government to move forward) 23:11 <stukreit> I'll ask sflc 23:11 <+alanc> are there any decisions we need the board to vote on for the conference? haven't seen any more funding request e-mail since last meeting 23:12 <+Bart_Massey> OK, ok. Book Sprint invites in next day or two. I was kind of waiting to pick dates until I'd heard from people that they were attending, but I think that's a mistake. 23:12 <stukreit> is anyone pinging the 2 australians to keep pestering their managers for support? 23:13 <+Bart_Massey> Let's just plan it for the weekend before; say 10-11 September? 23:13 <+Bart_Massey> That's a short block, but probably enough time to get something useful done. 23:14 <+Bart_Massey> What's the banking situation currently? Is that about ironed out, or are we waiting on 501(c)3? 23:14 <+alanc> marcheu and the mentors should probably look at the GSoC students who made it past midterms, and see about letting them know the board will pay for XDC trips if they can make it 23:14 <stukreit> what bankingsituation? 23:15 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: Are we all set up as far as being easier to write checks and stuff? Is our long-term plan to stay with HSBC? 23:16 <+Bart_Massey> I've noticed that things are working better, but no idea how much of that is you working harder vs it being easier :-) 23:16 <+alanc> Bart_Massey: just remember Linux Plumbers goes until Sept. 9, not sure if any of the people you're inviting will be going to that too and need a travel day to fly from CA->IL in between 23:16 <michaellarabel> Bart_Massey: Just to make sure it wasn't forgotten about... Would your book sprint have any issues with the people that are attending if any of them are also going to the Plumbers conference? LPC doesn't end until evening of the 9th. 23:17 <+Bart_Massey> Thanks to both of you. Good point. 23:17 <stukreit> I have a backburner task of visiting hsbc office and getting them to be embarrased at the random monthly fees they've been charging us, and to see if they'll reverse them. 23:17 <+alanc> stukreit: when I mailed the aussies after the last meeting to let them know we'd approved their request, I did mention we'd appreciate continued efforts to secure employer funding 23:17 <+Bart_Massey> I guess I was just concerned that people aren't necessarily going to want to lose more business days that week, but I'd do afterward if folks think it's better. 23:18 <marcheu> alanc: alright, will do 23:18 <stukreit> alanc: did they respond with something like ack on the right thing to do? 23:19 <+alanc> peter acked on irc during the meeting, didn't see anything from ben 23:21 <+Bart_Massey> So, Book Sprint Thursday 9/15 through mid-day Saturday 9/17? 23:21 <+Bart_Massey> Anyone here think that's a bad idea? 23:22 <marcoz> what's the dates for XDC? (i can't remember offhand) 23:22 <michaellarabel> 12 - 14 23:23 <marcoz> thx. 23:23 <stukreit> bart: a pointer to this book sprint or some generic description (other than wikipedia) 23:24 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: Will do. It's basically a bunch of people generating a short book quickly; nothing too complicated, really. 23:24 <+alanc> there was mail about it months ago, might have been before stu was on the board list though 23:24 <marcoz> video driver development guide? 23:25 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Not just video drivers; general X.Org new contributor guide. 23:25 <marcoz> ah, excellent 23:25 <+Bart_Massey> marcheu's stuff will figure very prominently, though :-) 23:25 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: You'll be able to make it, right? 23:26 <+alanc> those dates work for me 23:26 <marcoz> yep, planning on it. 23:26 <+Bart_Massey> Sweet. Alright, michaellarable and alanc, I think we have dates, so hopefully you are unblocked. 23:26 <marcoz> (Bart_Massey: i need to pester you for details on prepwork.) 23:27 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: NP, although normally there basically isn't any. 23:27 <marcoz> ah, you've done them before? sweet. 23:27 <+Bart_Massey> Part of the game plan is to come in with a fairly clean slate and figure it out together on the fly. 23:27 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Yeah, a couple to produce the GSoC manuals. 23:27 <marcoz> Bart_Massey: nice. 23:28 <+Bart_Massey> I think I know enough to successfully run one. I probably won't plan to do much writing myself; mostly editing, assembly and fill. 23:28 <michaellarabel> Bart_Massey: Did you determine where you're hosting the sprint at yet? 23:28 <+Bart_Massey> I will send the rest of the invites RSN. I will also post a note to xorg-devel asking people to nominate themselves. 23:28 <+Bart_Massey> michaellarabel: Was hoping you could do that :-) 23:29 <marcoz> i don't know enough to write but I fully plan on doing lots of grunt work 23:29 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: I disagree that you don't know enough to write :-) We'll talk. 23:29 <michaellarabel> Bart_Massey: What's the details now that you know the dates.... how many people? what kind of room requirements, etc? 23:29 <+Bart_Massey> If we have a preferred hotel, just getting a room for about 12 people to work comfortably there would be great. 23:31 <+alanc> should be a smaller conference room than the XDC meeting hall 23:31 <+Bart_Massey> In general, I'd like to keep it between 8 and 12. 23:31 <+Bart_Massey> We could also use Uni space, but we found previously that it's nice to have someplace with a really pleasant environment when one needs to get out of the work room :-) 23:31 <+Bart_Massey> I don't know how well Uni would qualify there, having never been to this one. 23:31 <stukreit> so, we're paying iit $580/day for a room for 60. A room for 12 should be quite cheap. 23:31 <michaellarabel> I'd say just find a hotel in the downtown area that's in the board's price range.... there's a range of hotels from the major chains, from low-cost Holiday Inns to Westins, etc. So I guess just depending upon how much the board wants to spend from a meeting room/ 23:32 <+Bart_Massey> Ideally, the BSers will all stay at the hotel, so moderately-priced would be good. 23:32 <+Bart_Massey> I don't think we need to go Motel-6 or anything, though. 23:32 <+Bart_Massey> Actually, a Holiday Inn would probably be fine. 23:32 <+Bart_Massey> I don't have a strong preference. Figure out something good. 23:33 <stukreit> or just get a smaller room at iit. Let's put that as one option 23:33 <+Bart_Massey> I think we have enough money to subsidize the space as needed. I trust michaellarabel to suggest something sensible, if he's willing. 23:34 <michaellarabel> I'm taking a peak right now at some major hotel chains in downtown Chicago to see what they offer... I've rented executive meeting rooms at a hotel near Midway Airport before, but that's rather inconvenient. 23:35 <+Bart_Massey> Yeah, it would be nice to be near the XDC venue so that folks don't feel obligated to move in the middle of the week. Not mandatory though. 23:35 <+Bart_Massey> We don't have a hotel block anywhere right now? 23:35 <+Bart_Massey> Or even a suggested hotel for XDC? 23:35 <michaellarabel> No hotel block at the moment... On the Wiki are some suggested places IIRC. Didn't look into a hotel block as I don't recall it for past XDC/XDS events. 23:36 <+Bart_Massey> Hotel blocks are generally a pain, but it is nice to have folks staying in the same place. 23:38 <+alanc> is there any other business we need to discuss today? 23:38 <michaellarabel> Holiday Inn seems to have business center as one of the amenities... I wonder if you all stayed there if you could just basically takeover the business center at no cost. 23:38 <+Bart_Massey> michaellarabel: No, I think we need a small conference room. The business center is usually more of a niche with a computer in it. 23:39 <marcoz> conf room with lots of white board space. 23:39 <michaellarabel> ah okay, I guess depends upon the hotel then, I've seen some nice ones, but thinking about it, also some bad ones. 23:41 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: I think we're good. 23:41 <+Bart_Massey> michaellarabel: Drop the Board some email with suggestions if you would be so kind, and we'll discuss them on email. 23:41 <michaellarabel> Okay. 23:41 <+Bart_Massey> Thanks huge! 23:43 <+Bart_Massey> Move to adjourn. 23:43 <+alanc> +1 23:43 <+mherrb> +1 23:44 <+alanc> thanks everyone for coming, see you in two weeks