Date is 2012-01-05, times are UTC+01.
23:02 <+mherrb> hi 23:02 <stukreit> hi 23:02 <+alanc> good afternoon 23:03 <egbert> hi! did you guys get my email regarding the date for xds? 23:03 <+alanc> sorry for the late reminder of the meeting, still getting back into the swing after the holidays 23:03 <+alanc> I did 23:03 <stukreit> got it 23:04 <egbert> if you have any questions - i'm here for this meeting. 23:04 <+alanc> so far I see 4 members present, Bart & emmes sent apologies, just waiting to see if anholt & agd5f are here 23:04 <+alanc> and then the XDS date is the first item I have for the agenda 23:04 <+keithp> looks like anholt got dragged to another meeting 23:05 <agd5f> hi 23:05 <+alanc> okay, I guess we'll start on the XDS date then 23:06 <+alanc> as egbert mailed, the originally propose dates conflict with some event that's booking most of the area hotel rooms, so the latest proposal moves it earlier in September 23:06 <+mherrb> I'm fine with Egbert's new proposition. 23:07 <egbert> first week of september actually. 23:07 <stukreit> works for me 23:07 <+alanc> seems fine to me too 23:07 <agd5f> fine with me 23:07 <+keithp> I'll be unable to attend that week 23:08 <egbert> there's no other option in september unfortunately. 23:08 <+keithp> that's unfortunate 23:08 <egbert> unless you want to try august of october. 23:08 <+alanc> looks like Linux Kernel Summit is August 26 - 28, 2012 San Diego, followed by LinuxCon & Linux Plumber's 23:09 <egbert> i would like to avoid the octoberfest weeks as flights might me more expensive. 23:09 <+keithp> seems likely 23:09 <+alanc> which means some people would be travelling two weeks in a row, but not overlapping 23:09 <+keithp> it's almost like late sept/earlier oct is a nice time to be in Germany 23:09 <egbert> that's when octoberfest takes place. 23:10 <egbert> it starts last week of september. 23:10 <michaellarabel> 22 Sep - 7 Oct is the Oktoberfest dates for 2012 ;) 23:10 <egbert> so you want to move it to october then? 23:11 <egbert> past the 7th? 23:11 <+keithp> I'm just one vote here, just letting you know that I'm not able to travel the first week of sept 23:11 <+keithp> we'll never align with everyone's schedule 23:12 <egbert> i can check for availibility of the room in october quickly and let you know. 23:14 <+alanc> okay 23:15 <egbert> the room is still available all thru october starting from the 7th. 23:15 <egbert> did not check the week before. 23:15 <+keithp> I'm available starting oct 9 23:15 <egbert> one caveat: weather might not be so nice in oct. 23:16 <+alanc> it can't be worse than the years we held it in Boston in February 23:16 <+keithp> alanc: january 23:16 <+mherrb> I'm available all weeks of october for now, and I don't care about weather. 23:16 <+keithp> 1988 23:16 <+alanc> keithp: well, that was well before my time, I was thinking of the ones HP hosted at the DEC/Compaq/HP cambridge labs 23:16 <stukreit> Have it in Tahoe, CA. Its never going to snow there ever again. 23:17 <+alanc> stukreit: it will snow as soon as you no longer have ski passes there 23:17 <egbert> ok, oct 10-12th. how about that? 23:17 <+alanc> that sounds fine to me 23:17 <stukreit> yeahm why not. 23:17 * keithp hates having the most constrained schedule here... 23:18 <+alanc> looks like that's Wed-Fri 23:18 <egbert> i've already booked the room for two weeks - i should cancel those first ;p 23:18 <agd5f> works for me 23:18 <egbert> right wed-fri. 23:18 <egbert> is there any conference in oct we may have scheduling conflicts with? 23:19 <egbert> ah - lemme check about the hotel situation. 23:19 <egbert> forgot that ... 23:19 <+alanc> the only one I've seen in a couple quick searches right now is USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, October 8?10, Hollywood, CA, but there's probably not a lot of overlap in people going to that 23:20 <invariable> BSD con is in may so no overlap there 23:20 <+alanc> (checked http://usenix.com/events/ , https://events.linuxfoundation.org/ and http://conferences.oreillynet.com/ ) 23:20 <egbert> ok, that's not a good week either. 23:21 <+Bart_Massey> Hey all. Sorry to be late. 23:21 <egbert> apparently from 8-11th there is a big fair, too. 23:21 <+alanc> actually the closest I saw to overlapping was if the OpenSuSE conference is held at the same time as last year, but I figure you'll have more insight to that than we will 8-) 23:22 <egbert> i have not heard of any plans regarding the opensuse conference. 23:22 <+mherrb> eurobsdcon will probably be in october, but there is no schedule yet. 23:22 <egbert> plus it will be in the same town ;P 23:24 <egbert> so if we do want to do it in oct we need to do it in week 43 - that's 14th-19th. 23:24 <egbert> perferrably 17th-19th. 23:25 <agd5f> that's fine with me as well 23:25 <+alanc> same here 23:25 <+Bart_Massey> That will be right around the date of the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit. 23:25 <+Bart_Massey> But it hasn't been announced yet, so I don't know for sure. 23:25 <egbert> ah, pint is: emmes won't be able to attend as university will have started by then. 23:25 <egbert> s/pint/point/ 23:26 <agd5f> set it for whatever week works best for the organizers. I agree with whatever gets picked 23:27 <+Bart_Massey> We could flip and do Dublin this year and Nurnberg next year... 23:27 <egbert> i expect to run into similar issues again. 23:27 <egbert> with either dublin or nuernberg. 23:29 <+alanc> so right now our best bets are Sep. 5-7 without keithp or Oct. 17-19th without emmes? 23:29 <agd5f> let's just pick whatever week works best for emmes and egbert. it's not gonna work out for everyone no matter what week we pick. might was well pick something good for the organizers 23:30 <agd5f> since they are doing most of the heavy lifting 23:30 <+alanc> agreed 23:30 <egbert> ok, i will talk to emmes regarding october. 23:31 <egbert> if he's fine we will pick oct 17-19 23:31 <+alanc> okay, so we'll let you talk this over with him and mail us later with the decision 23:31 <egbert> otherwise we stay with the sept date. 23:32 <+keithp> sounds good 23:32 <egbert> ok, can we continue this over email then? 23:32 <+alanc> yep 23:32 <+keithp> good night egbert 23:32 <egbert> i would like to finalize those things by the end of next week. 23:32 <egbert> good night keith! 23:32 <egbert> let you continue with your meeting then ;) 23:32 <+alanc> under other business, I just had two things 23:33 <+alanc> 1) a reminder to board members to help finish the 501(c)3 answers that Stuart's mailed around 23:33 <+alanc> 2) election calendar 23:34 <+alanc> Stuart had volunteered to put the election calendar together, but then the 501(c)3 stuff came up and we found Stuart has no election wiki access yet 23:34 <stukreit> I'm sure everone saw my email today about the tuesday call. Need some help on these. 23:35 <stukreit> Basically, people who have published are good candidates to help put together a few pages aggregating the available papers. 23:35 <agd5f> stukreit: send me the details and I'll hop on 23:36 <+alanc> anyone else feel like volunteering for the election calendar? we need to get that going very soon now 23:36 <stukreit> ok, I can forward you email from some folks who list their papers, we need to build up a single place where all that stuff can be found 23:37 <agd5f> keithp had a bunch of X papers as well. maybe we can add them? 23:37 <stukreit> yes, my multitasking self isn't up to it. 23:37 <stukreit> agd5f: sure. If you have the list or keith can send to us, just start hashing up a wiki pages. 23:37 <+Bart_Massey> My stuff is at http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~bart/bib.html 23:37 <invariable> alanc:what needs to be done for the calendar ? 23:38 <stukreit> We need to herd up the mentors and students to give us their best verbage too 23:38 <agd5f> keith's: http://keithp.org/~keithp/talks/ 23:38 <+alanc> one of the board members on the elections committee needs to figure out when we'll do each part of the elections process this year 23:39 <+Bart_Massey> I can add you to the X.Org GSoC Mentor and Student lists for the years I was running it if you like. 23:39 <+alanc> keith's list predates the current org though 23:39 <agd5f> I can walk whoever does it through the process. I did it last year 23:39 <+Bart_Massey> It's going to be hard to track down a lot of those folks though. 23:39 <marcoz> silly question here, are all these papers and stuff for the election calendar? (i think I'm missing something.) 23:39 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: No, for 501(c)3 23:39 <+alanc> marcoz: no, sorry, started two parallel conversations 23:40 <marcoz> ah whew, so I wasn't loosing my mind. thx. 23:40 <+alanc> the papers and stuff were for the item #1 I listed, where we need to gather some more details to support our IRS application for non-profit status for the Foundation 23:41 <marcoz> gotcha. thx 23:42 <+alanc> (which is mostly happening in private e-mail between the Board and our SFLC attorneys, for reasons of attorney-client privilege, so sorry if this bit doesn't make sense to the non-board members in attendance) 23:44 <stukreit> ok, so re elections: I'd like someone to own the task of drafting the schedule. 23:45 <+alanc> I can do it if no one else is volunteering 23:46 <stukreit> thanks! 23:47 <+alanc> so does anyone else have anything to add to the conversation, or are we done for today? 23:47 <agd5f> once you nail down the weeks, it's mostly just a matter of copy and pasting announcement emails 23:48 <agd5f> since the major holidays have passed, the next couple months should be pretty open 23:49 <+alanc> yeah, no one is really going to notice the impact of President's day on the election schedule 23:52 <+alanc> okay, seems like time to adjourn the meeting for today 23:52 <marcoz> 2 things. 1) book sprint & 2) any evoc updates? 23:52 <agd5f> evoc seems to be going well 23:52 <+alanc> oh, right 23:52 <marcoz> 2 people have responded to the booksprint emails. I may have to start getting annoying. 23:52 <agd5f> curro is making good progress and seems to be on target 23:53 <+alanc> do we need to vote on sending him his next check for the evoc work, since he submitted another good progress report? 23:53 <marcoz> i like the progress he's making, even if I don't understand a lot (most?) of what he types. 23:53 <+alanc> also, I assume the board members are all in favor of funding his trip to FOSDEM to present it 23:53 <+alanc> since we pretty much agreed on that over e-mail 23:53 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: +1 for trip funding, +1 for funding the next payment 23:53 <agd5f> current evoc progress: http://wiki.x.org/wiki/XorgEVoC/GalliumCompute 23:54 <+alanc> so this should be $1500, with $1500 left for the last period 23:54 <agd5f> +1 trip and +1 for next paymant 23:54 <+mherrb> +1/+1 23:54 <stukreit> ok, another check. 23:54 <+alanc> +1 to both for me too 23:54 <stukreit> =1 23:55 <stukreit> +1 23:55 <+keithp> +1 23:56 <+alanc> okay, I'll call that unanimous for sending $1500 for this evoc milestone, and for funding the FOSDEM trip 23:57 <+alanc> that just leaves answering marcoz's questions about when to hold the book sprint 23:57 <agd5f> so far we've executing this evoc well. we should add it to our IRS list. 23:58 <+alanc> yes 23:59 <marcoz> alanc, keithp, marcheu, Bart_Massey: any time Mar-Apr for v book sprint? 23:59 <+Bart_Massey> Yeah, that time frame is fine for me. 23:59 <+keithp> wfm 23:59 <+Bart_Massey> We'll have to negotiate specific dates, but I think they're mostly good. 00:00 <marcoz> ok, i'll badger Jamey, Josh, Gaetan and Carl 00:00 <+alanc> yeah, I can't think of any specific constraints there right now 00:00 <marcoz> marcheu, ? 00:01 <marcheu> March is better for me, I intend to take holidays in April 00:04 <marcoz> any objections here for Mar? keithp, you're back 1st week in Mar right? 00:04 <+keithp> marcoz: yup 00:06 <marcoz> Is it safe to assume a weekend is better than 2/3 week days? 00:06 <+Bart_Massey> much 00:10 <+alanc> okay, since we've died down again, I move to adjourn the meeting for today 00:11 <+keithp> alanc: +1 00:11 <agd5f> +1 00:11 <+Bart_Massey> +1 00:12 <+alanc> thanks for coming everyone, see you here in two weeks - board members don't forget the Tuesday call with the SFLC guys 00:14 <egbert> good night! 00:18 <+mherrb> Zzz