Date is 2012-11-29, times are UTC+01. The log had to to be altered, because htt.p links and the word are not allowed due to antispam rules.

23:00 <+emmes> HELO
23:02 <+alanc> EHLO
23:03 <agd5f> hi
23:03 <marcoz> hey
23:05 <Bart_Massey> Hey all.
23:05 <+emmes> How's it going?
23:05 <Bart_Massey> Good, if busy. Right at the end of our academic quarter :-).
23:05 <Bart_Massey> You?
23:06 <Bart_Massey> Who else do we have today?
23:06 <+emmes> well, it's in the middle, so all courses are busy at the same time...
23:07 <Bart_Massey> emmes: Yeah, know that feeling too.
23:07 <+alanc> agd5f, marcoz, & I had all said hello just before you got here
23:07  * alanc walks down the hall to wake up stukreit...
23:07 <Bart_Massey> alanc: cool. sounds like we have one of those quorum thingies.
23:07 <Bart_Massey> We'll wait to see if stukreit and/or keithp shows up.
23:07 <+keithp> hey ho
23:07 <+keithp> previous mtg went long (shocker)
23:07 <stukreit> hi
23:07 <Bart_Massey> howdy!
23:08 <stukreit> ok then
23:08 <Bart_Massey> OK, let's do the short list of agenda items.
23:08 <Bart_Massey> 1) Elections. What's the status here?
23:09 <Bart_Massey> I forget: who's Election Chair?
23:09 <Bart_Massey> I think it was Edison---no, wait, that's Electric Chair...
23:10 <+alanc> anholt I thought, as the only one who remembered how to drive the election web voting thingy
23:11 <Bart_Massey> That's what I thought also. Ok, so we'll table that until next time and hopefully anholt will be here.
23:11 <+keithp> yeah, he signed himself up
23:11 <Bart_Massey> But let's not drop the ball on that one.
23:11 <+keithp> he's currently got a recurring meeting on Thursdays at 14:00PST...
23:11 <+keithp> I suggest discussing that over email
23:11 <Bart_Massey> If he can't move his Thu mtg we should probably resched this one...
23:12 <Bart_Massey> Anyhow, we've still got some time, but it does come up pretty fast.
23:12 <Bart_Massey> Second, fundraising. I've still dropped the ball on getting the logo thing going.
23:12 <Bart_Massey> I'm hoping that we can get Rayhawk to help getting a secure site set up for individual donations.
23:13 <Bart_Massey> Keithp, you want to work with him on that?
23:13 <Bart_Massey> Finally, we need to start approaching corporate and other larger sponsors.
23:13 <+keithp> Bart_Massey: a fine plan; shall we try to meet with him over lunch-ish tomorrow?
23:13 <Bart_Massey> keithp: Tomorrow is booked fairly solid for me; let's aim for sometime next week?
23:13 <+keithp> sounds good
23:14 <Bart_Massey> keithp, I think you also got volunteered at some point to do the larger-sponsors thing.
23:14 <Bart_Massey> ?
23:14 <Bart_Massey> What do we need to do there?
23:15 <Bart_Massey> I'd like to target stabilizing our slush fund at something like $75K? This is nominally enough for about 2 years of operation at our current burn rate, which seems about right...
23:15 <stukreit> we're pretty close to that now.
23:16 <Bart_Massey> Yes: so it's a matter of sustaining that level, IMHO.
23:16 <Bart_Massey> Probably means bringing in something like $30K/year in ongoing support.
23:18 <Bart_Massey> Anyone got any thoughts on how we're gonna get there?
23:18 <stukreit> our balance today is $74409.
23:18 <marcoz> bake sale?
23:19 <agd5f> charge for conferences?
23:19 <Bart_Massey> I guess I'm hoping that we could find about 6 sponsors willing to commit $5000 annually to support what we do. 
23:19 <stukreit> Colorado style?
23:19 <+keithp> I think getting a significant fraction from non-corporate sponsors will be harder than passing the hat around for $30k a year
23:19 <Bart_Massey> keithp: I think and hope you're right, but someone needs to get the hat passing going...
23:19 <marcoz> stukreit: we make some mean brownies here now.  ;)  
23:20 <+keithp> I'd also like to suggest that instead of asking for slush funds, we should have a budget and target specific programs (EVoC, XDS, etc) and ask for support for those
23:20 <Bart_Massey> I think the experiment of just putting up a and seeing what we get in individual donations is worth trying.
23:20 <agd5f> Bart_Massey: agreed
23:20 <+keithp> People like being able to donate to specific projects more than just handing out money for 'good works'
23:20 <agd5f> we can post periodically about donating and tax deductibility
23:21 <marcoz> can you merge the two?  allow people to target their donations?
23:21 <Bart_Massey> keithp: You've suggested this before, and I'm fine with that, but we probably also need O($5k/year) in just stuff. Maybe that's what individual donatoins are for
23:21 <Bart_Massey> marcoz: absolutely, but I want to make sure the general operating monies don't get lost in the shuffle.
23:21 <+keithp> the less 'overhead' of that form that we have, the easier things will be
23:21 <agd5f> how do we deal with tax deductibility?  I assume we have to provide some sort of receipt?
23:21 <+keithp> agd5f: yup, just send a letter. I've got dozens of examples (and will have a lot more in a couple of weeks ;-)
23:22 <Bart_Massey> In the US, tax deductability is easy; we just provide donors with some information.
23:23 <Bart_Massey> So it sounds like we have a plan: we just need to get going on executing it. Keithp, let's you and I talk offline about this and bring some work and/or a proposal back to the Board next meeting?
23:23 <stukreit> I don't see any reason not to put a donate button on the immediately, to be followed up by some explanations
23:23 <+keithp> Bart_Massey: sounds good, especially if 'talking' involves sushi
23:23 <+keithp> stukreit: agreed
23:23 <Bart_Massey> stukreit: Because our is an invitation to get hacked right now.
23:23 <Bart_Massey> The last thing I want is for folks to inadvertently "donate" to somebody not us :-)
23:24 <Bart_Massey> We'll do it as soon as we can figure out how to do it right.
23:24 <+alanc> also, our is currently configured to block all htt.p & links right now
23:24 <stukreit> Maybe you're right. Is there some fast way to absorb hardening features?
23:24 <+alanc> since that was the only way to stop the spam
23:24 <Bart_Massey> stukreit: Keithp, Rayhawk and I will figure it out in the next couple of weeks.
23:24 <stukreit> k
23:25 <Bart_Massey> (and probably anholt and whoever else wants to help)
23:25 <Bart_Massey> Those were the urgent items on my agenda for today.
23:25 <Bart_Massey> Anything else we need to talk about?
23:25 <stukreit> I just heard the jingle of loose change and started dreaming of making deposits, not just withdrawals ;-)
23:25 <Bart_Massey> stukreit: I'm with you, man
23:25 <stukreit> I got this year's NRAI bill.
23:26 <Bart_Massey> What's it come to?
23:26 <stukreit> $189. and I need to send Bart's travel reimbursement check.
23:26 <Bart_Massey> We can do $189 :-)
23:26 <Bart_Massey> Other agenda items?
23:26 <stukreit> how is fosdem shaping up?
23:27 <+alanc> we have a devroom for one day
23:27 <+alanc> Luc had 5 or 6 talks coming last I looked
23:27 <Bart_Massey> Cool.
23:27 <+keithp> I'm not going to be able to make it this year -- scheduled the same day as LCA, alas
23:27 <stukreit> pretty big then. He should post info.. just next to the donate button
23:27 <Bart_Massey> LOL
23:28 <Bart_Massey> OK, I think we're good for this round. Move to adjourn...
23:28 <stukreit> +1
23:28 <+alanc> says our day is saturday
23:28 <+alanc> did we need to vote on the $189 for NRAI?
23:28 <+keithp> see y'all later on
23:28 <Bart_Massey> alanc: Not AFAIK
23:29 <+alanc> k, then +1 to adjourn
23:29 <+alanc> actually, htt.p:// seems to be up to 9 confirmed, 2 tentative
23:30 <Bart_Massey> Nice.
23:30 <Bart_Massey> I think we have 4 votes, which is enough to adjourn. Bye all!
23:30 <+alanc> both tentative seem to be pending budget/approval from Intel 8-)