Date is 2013-02-07, times are UTC+01.

23:00 <+emmes> hey all
23:00 <agd5f> hi
23:00 <marcoz> hey
23:00 <+keithp> changing rooms. bbiaw
23:01 <stukreit> hi
23:02 <+Bart_Massey> Hey all!
23:03 <+Bart_Massey> Is it just stukreit and I today?
23:03 <marcoz> hi
23:03 <agd5f> hi
23:03 <+emmes> nope, you just missed our "hey all" by a few seconds ;)
23:03 <+Bart_Massey> :-)
23:03 <+emmes> keithp is almost here as well
23:03 <+Bart_Massey> Is keithp back in USA?
23:04 <stukreit> alan is home with flu, I emailed him
23:04 <+emmes> btw - sorry that i've not been able to join last time...
23:04 <+Bart_Massey> He sent email earlier.
23:04 <+Bart_Massey> emmes: np. We know you'll make it when you can.
23:04 <+keithp> back
23:05 <+Bart_Massey> Howdy!
23:05 <+Bart_Massey> keithp: Are you in town again?
23:05 <+keithp> Bart_Massey: indeed. been sleeping most of the week though; up for lunch tomorrow
23:05 <+Bart_Massey> Sounds good!
23:05 <+Bart_Massey> OK, I
23:06 <+Bart_Massey> OK, let's get 'er going.
23:06 <+Bart_Massey> Three agenda items today. First is the Report. Got good comments from a couple of you. Anything else anyone wants to add before I send it out?
23:06 <+Bart_Massey> Anything that seems wrong, awkward, etc?
23:06 <stukreit> I read it, no comment other than looks good
23:06 <+emmes> ... reading... but so far it looks good.
23:07 <+Bart_Massey> OK. If there's no major discussion to be had, we'll handle the rest of that in email.
23:07 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: Of course, part of the reason I'm pushing it out is to put pressure on the Treasurer to do likewise. :-) :-)
23:07 <stukreit> yeah. 
23:07 <marcoz> Ah, i always thought the S was Summit
23:08 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: We are still with HSBC, right?
23:08 <stukreit> workinonit today
23:08 <stukreit> that too. any recommendations on alternative banks?
23:09 <+Bart_Massey> Not really. Keithp and I looked into US Bank a couple of years ago, but there were issues. IDK. Find out what other 501(c)3 open source orgs are using, maybe?
23:09 <+Bart_Massey> Okay, the other two agenda items are elections and elections. Where are we?
23:09 <stukreit> def. guess I can ask Karen
23:10 <marcoz> the committee has agreed on the schedule
23:10 <+keithp> stukreit: mostly needs to be convenient for you
23:10 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: cool. hopefully it finishes in February?
23:10 <stukreit> any excuse to run up to SF
23:11 <marcoz> i'll be sending out the nominations email here, so that week2, the nom window start,  is next week
23:11 <+emmes> Bart_Massey: finished reading, it's fine from my point of view.
23:11 <marcoz> with anholt_ 's email, the renewal, we're in week 1
23:11 <+Bart_Massey> So actually early March. Bummer, but how it has to be, I guess. We *must* do better next year (or amend the Bylaws to a 14-month election cycle :-)
23:11 <+Bart_Massey> emmes: thanks!
23:12 <agd5f> marcoz: should probably mention renewals and a request for sign up in that email as well
23:12 <marcoz> agd5f: will do.
23:12 <+Bart_Massey> Is election infrastructure ready or getting ready?
23:12 <+emmes> I guess to have an election early in the year it means starting the election process in late summer :-/
23:12 <marcoz> well, I still don't have access to expo, so I'd say 'getting ready'.  Can someone help me with that?
23:13 <+Bart_Massey> anholt_: you were going to get that all going, right?
23:13 <marcoz> btw, what's the norm for elections?  Is this the first, to miss the Feb?
23:13 <+emmes> i'll check - i did the database stuff (the frontend stuff only, though) last time. Anholt helped me with the backend (low level) stuff.
23:13 <+Bart_Massey> Yeah, it's moved from November to December to January to Feb.
23:13 <+Bart_Massey> Hence my comment.
23:13 <agd5f> marcoz: historically they are supposed to be in the fall
23:13 <jcristau> the norm is to be late
23:13 <agd5f> but they've slipped every year
23:14 <+anholt_> the fall was always a mess, I think the new timeframe makes a lot more sense, if we could be consistent in the future.
23:14 <marcoz> so we can say we use the lunar calendar
23:14 <+Bart_Massey> The most recent intent of the Board was that they consistently be held late January / early February, which seems to be a good time for it if we can hit it.
23:14 <+anholt_> Bart_Massey: election infrastructure is basically ready -- renewal was the hard part.
23:14 <+Bart_Massey> anholt_: awesome, thanks.
23:14 <+emmes> how about *starting* the election process in - say - November, so there's a positive possibility that election is actually happing in January?
23:15 <+Bart_Massey> Uh, I started bugging everybody about it in October :-)
23:15 <+emmes> i wasn't talking about buggin ;-) that has to be two months earlier, the minimum...
23:16 <+Bart_Massey> So, yeah. We will try again this October and hopefully hit it again.
23:16 <+Bart_Massey> If we can get the actual process running by second week of January, I think that's fine.
23:17 <+Bart_Massey> So we're not *worlds* behind at this point. :-)
23:17 <+Bart_Massey> Is there anything else we should be thinking about, election-wise?
23:17 <marcoz> someone wanna cronjob that renewals email and force us to kick off the process at a given time?
23:18 <+emmes> marcoz: I have access to expo - though I'd need to remember what has actually to be done there, and I won't have internet access for a week beginning tomorrow...
23:18 <marcoz> alanc mentioned that I needed to create a .htpasswd file 
23:19 <marcoz> not sure if I generate the moin username though?
23:19 <+Bart_Massey> agd5f: Please do find the SFLC-suggested Bylaws changes, and we'll fast-track those as much as possible.
23:19 <agd5f> Bart_Massey: will do
23:19 <+Bart_Massey> Thanks huge!
23:20 <marcoz> this is all just so I can get to
23:20 <+emmes> marcoz: ah, right, I remember. I don't have root access, so can't help here.
23:20 <+Bart_Massey> LOL. I can't get to that page either; seem to have lost whatever password I might have had.
23:20 <+Bart_Massey> Somebody want to take point on rebooting the bod wiki?
23:20 <+Bart_Massey> It might be a useful resource if we could use it. :-)
23:21 <marcoz> lol
23:21 <+emmes> I have access to it - my browser remembered my password ;-)
23:21 <+Bart_Massey> keithp: does jrayhawk have the perms he would need to fix this up nice for us?
23:22 <+emmes> Bart_Massey: I could give you the md5sum - I doubt it would help
23:22 <+Bart_Massey> emmes: No we need to future-proof this anyhow. We may be about to change out some Board Members, in any case, so...
23:22 <+Bart_Massey> But thanks!
23:22 <agd5f> there's some sort of htpasswd magic required
23:22 <+keithp> Bart_Massey: I don't think so...
23:22 <+Bart_Massey> keithp: Can you fix this?
23:23 <+emmes> Bart_Massey: sure. i was jus missing the smilie.
23:23 <+emmes> the htpasswd is owned by root...
23:23 <+Bart_Massey> keithp: (I mean, can you give jrayhawk the necessary access?)
23:24 <agd5f> IIRC, I setup a htpasswd in my home dir on expo and anholt or Tollef took it from there
23:24 <+Bart_Massey> OK, that's all I have. Anybody got anything else urgent we need to talk about?
23:25 <marcoz> when start discussing GSoC/EVoC?
23:25 <+Bart_Massey> I think EVoC is ongoing, no?
23:25 <marcoz> y,  
23:26 <marcoz> just GSOC rather.
23:26 <+Bart_Massey> I don't know how people feel about continuing to apply to GSoC?
23:26 <marcoz> email discussion?
23:26 <+Bart_Massey> I can't personally muster much enthusiasm, but if others think it would be neat to try again this year that would be great...
23:27 <+Bart_Massey> Yeah, maybe take it to email and sort it. It will be a little while before Google announces GSoC 2013 regardless.
23:28 <+emmes> I would suggest trying it again - I mean, it wasn't a lot of work to just apply, was it?
23:28 <+emmes> Whether to improve any documentation beforehand is a different story, though.
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> emmes: It wasn't. But that may be part of why we were rejected. :-)
23:28 <+emmes> lol
23:28 <marcoz> marcheu was the organizer before right?  would be again?
23:29 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Yeah, I think the key requirement would be to find somebody excited enough about being an Org Admin to put in the work of doing a really nice app and running a really nice program for the students who got in.
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> Being an Org Admin is kind of fun: the Mentor Summit is pretty neat, too.
23:30 <+emmes> only if he volunteers again - we certainly don't want to press him into that role :-)
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> emmes: Exactly.
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> OK, let's table this for now, but everybody think about it.
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> Anything else?
23:31 <+Bart_Massey> Move to adjourn.
23:31 <+emmes> +1
23:31 <marcoz> +1
23:31 <stukreit> +1
23:31 <agd5f> +1
23:31 <+Bart_Massey> Talk to all y'all in a couple of weeks!