Date is 2013-02-21, times are UTC+01.

22:58 <+Bart_Massey> Hey all.
22:59 <marcoz> hi Bart
22:59 <+alanc> hello
23:00 <+emmes> Hey all
23:00 <+Bart_Massey> OK, I think not too much to do today. alanc, any sign of stukreit?
23:01 <stukreit> i see me
23:01 <agd5f> hello
23:01 <+alanc> found him
23:02 <+Bart_Massey> Excellent!
23:02 <stukreit> loving the attention. more than my dog gives me these days. he's way old
23:03 <+alanc> stukreit: yes, I see the mail you sent on financials about half an hour ago
23:03 <+Bart_Massey> OK, the two big deals on which we must concentrate today. 
23:03 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: Oh. Let me look.
23:04 <+alanc> sorry, didn't mean to derail your agenda
23:04 <+Bart_Massey> Did we really spend nothing on XDC last year? That's cool.
23:04 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: NP, first agenda item was getting reports out. :-)
23:04 <stukreit>  yeah, I just added that to the notes
23:04 <+alanc> oh, then on target
23:04 <marcoz> infrastructure, I'm assuming that's servers and such?
23:04 <+Bart_Massey> So yeah. I cannot explain why I haven't posted my Report yet, but I will do it today.
23:05 <+Bart_Massey> And stukreit, it looks like you're in a position to write a brief note and send this spreadsheet, also today. Awesome.
23:05 <stukreit> I realize I owe Bart an air tick reimbursement.
23:05 <+Bart_Massey> The reason I am nagging is that if we don't get these reports out by the end of February, we are in violation of our Bylaws, which now that we're IRS 0wned would not be good.
23:06 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: Would be nice, but absolutely no panic at all.
23:06 <+alanc> from the note at the bottom "infrastructure" seems to be more corporate fees/taxes
23:06 <stukreit> is it appropriate to give the entire spreadsheet? should there be more detail? I didn't list the names of evoc recipients, e.g.
23:06 <+Bart_Massey> I would definitely disclose the entire spreadsheet IMHO: I think we have nothing to hide, and want to be transparent.
23:06 <stukreit> yes. that's the column also for networking/caging fees, but we haven't seen a bill from MIT. Are our machines off?
23:06 <marcoz> ahh,   duh ;)
23:06 <+Bart_Massey> I think we can make details available by request, for privacy reasons.
23:07 <+alanc> we were supposed to get out of MIT a year or two ago
23:07 <+Bart_Massey> AFAIK PSU is not charging, so if there's a charge for networking/caging I think it's from MIT.
23:07 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: Yes, we voted to kill MIT.
23:07 <+alanc> any reason for the ? on EVOC in Sept?
23:07 <stukreit> well, they've never found my address apparently, so if there's a final bill..
23:08 <stukreit> alanc: I was intending to double check my checkbook register. I assumed that all even valued checks (multiples of $100 or more) were EVOC
23:08 <+Bart_Massey> Is PSU charging us for infrastructure? If so, I can perhaps fix that...
23:08 <stukreit> nobody sends me bills. ;-)
23:09 <+alanc> the only item in the "infrastructure" column is noted as "incorporation fee to NSAI"
23:09 <stukreit> not the same thing as saying there's no bill. Should I ask? 
23:09 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: I'd be fine with you not writing checks without documentation in hand describing the purpose, going forward :-).
23:09 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: Ah, good.
23:10 <+Bart_Massey> OK, so it looks to me like we're good on the Reports front. Anybody got anything else to add?
23:12 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: Like I say, would be grateful if you'd add a paragraph or two before the spreadsheet giving an overview of our financial situation and making any commentary you deem appropriate :-). If you want to run this by the Board by email, we'll look at it.
23:12 <stukreit> ok, willdo
23:12 <+Bart_Massey> OK, second item: elections. This is getting urgent. Where are we?
23:12 <marcoz> i sent out an email just before the meeting detailing what I currently know
23:12 <+alanc> looks like our balance has finally fallen to the point where our bank fees going out are higher than the interest coming in
23:12 <marcoz> nomination window is open, 1/2 through
23:12 <marcoz> no nominiations received yet
23:13 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: Yes, once these two items are out of the way, fundraising is a next priority.
23:13 <+emmes> haven't received any test mail on elections@ yet, though. If anything was sent there, it might be sitting in /dev/null
23:13 <marcoz> are any/all of the current ones running for re-election?
23:14 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: I missed the announcement on the nomination window :-(. Probably just email fail on my part.
23:14 <stukreit> I could apply again
23:14 <marcoz> i sent to annouces,  xorg and xorg-devel.  are there other lists I should post to?
23:14 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: It is traditional for the Chair to nominate all the currently-expiring members to run again. I hereby officially nominate us :-). Is there anything I need to do?
23:14 <jcristau> haven't seen anything about elections on members@, is that just me?
23:15 <marcoz> Bart_Massey:  good to know. :)  I second the nominations
23:15 <+emmes> jcristau: ETOOMUCHMAIL lately. Can't say.
23:16 <+Bart_Massey> The only email I see was not sent to ; just to announce and to xorg-devel AFAICT.
23:16 <marcoz> bah, i dind't send it to members, just those other 3 lists.  :(
23:16 <marcoz> blast it. my bad
23:16 <+Bart_Massey> But maybe I'm not subscribed to members@? But I should be.
23:17 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Having made that mistake before myself, my condolences :-).
23:17 <+Bart_Massey> OK, so we need to extend the nominations window, probably, or someone will howl bloody murder. 
23:17 <+Bart_Massey> (Based on past history.)
23:17 <marcoz> dammit, I've been trying to be on top of this.
23:18 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Please don't beat yourself up; these things happen with freakin' Elections. 
23:18 <+Bart_Massey> Do add a note to the wiki, though, with the list of addresses to which things should be sent.
23:18 <+Bart_Massey> That way copy-and-paste will save us next time.
23:18 <+alanc> members should be autopopulated from the membership system, but we just purged something like 80% of members due to renewals
23:18 <+Bart_Massey> alanc: Yeah.
23:18 <+Bart_Massey> We should check that the email list matches the current membership.
23:19 <marcoz> grumble.  ok, do we want to extend the window or leave as is and extend if someone does howl?
23:19 <+Bart_Massey> It's not impossible there's a bug.
23:19 <+Bart_Massey> I think we should just suck it up and extend the window. Others?
23:19 <+alanc> when is the window supposed to go until?
23:19 <marcoz> Mar 3
23:20 <+Bart_Massey> I think we should set March 10 as the new deadline, and call it good. A week one way or the other doesn't make any difference at this point.
23:20 <+Bart_Massey> But I'm happy to be overruled.
23:21 <marcoz> will it matter?  Honest question there, not trying to be a smartass.   
23:21 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Will what matter?
23:21 <+alanc> not sure it matters, but I'm okay with extending it a week
23:21 <stukreit> my thought too. How about a mid-period announcement to the members, see if anybody wakes up/
23:22 <marcoz> Bart_Massey: extending the window.
23:22 <+Bart_Massey> I just know that last time I forgot to post to members@, several people complained. IDK. 
23:23 <marcoz> there's always someone who complains.
23:23 <marcoz> anyway, I'm cool either way
23:23 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: I think it matters in that a bunch of members are very vocal and strong defenders of due process in these elections; IMHO it's better to get the process right than to try to slop through it.
23:24 <+Bart_Massey> OK, unless there's any dissent, lets push the window to March 10 and announce on members@ today. Make that a motion from me...
23:24 <stukreit> or to enlist them in doing some of the hard work of making elections go smoothly
23:24 <stukreit> +1
23:25 <marcoz> +1
23:25 <+emmes> +1
23:25 <marcoz> Bart_Massey:  (no slop intended. )
23:25 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Again, we've saddled you with the ugliest job on the X.Org Board--one that I categorically refuse to do ever again. Don't feel bad.
23:26 <+alanc> +1
23:26 <+Bart_Massey> OK, the other election issue: agd5f, anholt, marcoz: is there a solid plan for having the web stuff ready for a mid-March election?
23:27 <marcoz> talking with anholt, I believe that's in place.  eric?
23:27 <+Bart_Massey> I'm not sure anholt is here today, but if he says it's in place I think we're good.
23:27 <marcoz> i still don't have access to anything, so I'm very reliant on others at this point.
23:28 <marcoz> my 'chair' doesn't have any legs. :)
23:28 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Yeah, we should probably fix that, too. Talk to sitewranglers or somebody to get you the right permissions there.
23:29 <marcoz> i've pinged site-wranglers and email tollef directly. 
23:29 <marcoz> no luck so far.
23:29 <+alanc> or more likely anholt, since site-wranglers seemed non-responsive so far, and eric should have root
23:29 <+Bart_Massey> Yeah, anholt and keithp. 
23:29 <marcoz> do we push membership appliation renewals back a week also?  Mar 8   to Mar 15?  
23:30 <marcoz> or is that independent?
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> marcoz: Yes, the whole process shifts a week.
23:30 <+emmes> certainly, I would say.
23:30 <+Bart_Massey> One last item for stukreit, before I forget: Do you know what filings we need with US IRS? Also, when does Delaware need to get paid again?
23:30 <stukreit> I must look into that.
23:31 <stukreit> I have a delaware bill around here somewhere
23:31 <marcoz> ok, I'm planning on just resending the same email with updated dates and a short note at the top explaining
23:31 <stukreit> found it
23:31 <+Bart_Massey> stukreit: Please don't miss paying the Delaware bill--it would be really awesome for us to not do so every year :-).
23:32 <stukreit> got it in front of me. will attempt electronic payment
23:32 <+Bart_Massey> And yes, please do talk SFLC about what we need to do.
23:33 <stukreit> ok yeah.
23:33 <+Bart_Massey> Alright, anything else?
23:35 <+Bart_Massey> Move to adjourn. Thanks all!
23:35 <+emmes> +1
23:35 <stukreit> +1
23:35 <marcoz> +1
23:36 <agd5f> +1
23:36 <+alanc> +1