Date is 2013-04-19, time is UTC+10

--- Day changed Fri Apr 19 2013
03:41 -!- marcoz [] has joined #xf-bod
05:48 <+emmes> folks, if anybody reads this - I probably won't make it into today's meeting :-( sorry
05:48 <+alanc> okay
05:53 <+alanc> we'll be sure to elect you secretary then
06:45 -!- marcoz [] has quit [Quit: ajax IRC Client]
07:00 < stukreit> you're such a joker
07:00 < agd5f> hello
07:00 < whot> morning
07:01 < mupuf_> evening :)
07:02 <+alanc> afternoon!
07:03 <+alanc> that makes 5 - guess we need agd5f & keithp still
07:03 < stukreit> we have agd5f
07:03 <+keithp> yeah, I'm around
07:03 <+keithp> need to leave in about 15 minutes
07:03 <+alanc> oh, duh, so, who is missing?
07:04 <+alanc> oh, marcoz
07:04 < whot> he only dropped out 15 min ago
07:04 <+alanc> yeah, I see
07:06 <+alanc> so we need to elect our secretary and treasurer for the year
07:06 <+alanc> I nominate stukreit for Treasurer
07:06 <+keithp> alanc: second
07:06 < agd5f> seconded
07:06 < whot> alanc: +1
07:07 < mupuf_> if that's what stukreit wants, then +1 from me too
07:07 < stukreit> (do I need to vote?) I'm ok with continuing on
07:08 <+keithp> mupuf_: he volunteered to do it for several years as long as we kept electing him
07:08 <+alanc> looks like 6-0 (with 2 absent) for stukreit as treasurer then
07:08 < stukreit> ok, thanks guys. 
07:08 <+keithp>  \o/
07:08 <+alanc> anyone willing to be secretary?
07:09 <+alanc> would be unfair to elect marcoz for failing to show up 8-)
07:09 <+keithp> does seem punitive to me
07:09 < stukreit> btw, I'll be in nyc next monday, will try to meet with Aaron to straighten out the 501c3 mess.
07:10 <+keithp> stukreit: thanks very much
07:10 < stukreit> ehh. it was my fault. I'm trying to fix it
07:10 <+alanc> so secretary generally keeps track of the meeting agendas and reminds us what to talk about, sort of acting as meeting chair
07:10 < mupuf_> 501c3 is the codename for non-profit organization in the US?
07:11 < stukreit> yes
07:11 < mupuf_> ack
07:11 < stukreit> literally "501(c)(3)"
07:11 <+alanc> can involve sending out meeting summaries & reminders if you have time, but Bart & I didn't the last two years
07:11 <+alanc> and it's also literally the code name, since it's the section of the US Tax Code that covers non-profits
07:12 < mupuf_> I won't volonteer for being the secretary because I'm new to the board and my experience with english isn't good-enough for me to be the official secretary
07:13 <+keithp> I think marcoz was interested in doing that?
07:13 < stukreit> yes, but can you be annoying? ;-)
07:13 <+alanc> oh, and the bylaws also state the secretary has to write the annual report, which Bart was good at, and I completely failed at
07:14 <+alanc> yeah, I was hoping marcoz would be here, since I do think he would be good, and he's already got a year of experience on the board to know how things run
07:14 <+alanc> meeting minutes have been handled by emmes logging the IRC channel and then posting the logs to the wiki
07:16 <+keithp> ok guys, I've got a conflicting meeting in a few minutes; I think we need to poll marcoz via email and see if he'd be interested, then we can either vote to confirm or draw straws amongst the rest of us
07:17 -!- marcoz [] has joined #xf-bod
07:17 <+keithp> see y'all later on
07:17 <+keithp> (/me is in alabama  this week)
07:17 < marcoz> did I miss the meeting?
07:17 < mupuf_> marcoz: not miss
07:17 < agd5f> perfect timing
07:17 < whot> marcoz: nope, it's still ongoing. we're looking for a volunteer for secretary
07:17 <+alanc> no, but you almost missed yourself getting elected secretary in absentia
07:17 < marcoz> ah good.  the screen wasn't scrolling and I hadn't realized I'd been kicked off.
07:18 < marcoz> i volunteer one of the newbies. :)
07:18 < marcoz> btw, welcome whot and mupuf_ :)
07:18 <+alanc> we did re-elect stuart as treasurer while you were out
07:18 < mupuf_> marcoz: thanks :)
07:19 < mupuf_> but we were hopping you would propose yourself since you already have a year of experience about how the board works :)
07:20 < marcoz> yay for stuart
07:20 < stukreit> blush
07:20 < marcoz> mupuf_: i have enough trouble with EVoC and branch maintainer. :)
07:21 < mupuf_> marcoz: fair-enough :)
07:21 < whot> ok, I'll sign up for it then
07:21 < agd5f> woot!  seconded
07:22 < mupuf_> whot: cool. +1
07:22 < marcoz> +1
07:22 <+keithp> whot: awesome! +1
07:22 < stukreit> +1
07:22 <+alanc> +1
07:23 < marcoz> whot: that's a landslide of +1's. I think people have some confidence in you. :)
07:23 < whot> they don't know me :)
07:24 <+alanc> keithp: anything to report on XDC before you leave?
07:24 <+alanc> or still waiting on Bart to get facility contract finalized?
07:25 < marcoz> keithp: enjoy your (vacation?) (da da dee da da da daaaaa [dueling banjos] )
07:27 < whot> looks like he's gone already
07:28 < whot> alanc: who's in charge of the board@ list?
07:28 < marcoz> whot: why is it everytime I see your handle I hear "who let the dogs out?" in my head.  I think it's the whot-whot-whot..whot
07:28 <+alanc> the mailman page says agd5f & anholt are the list admins
07:29 < whot> marcoz: hehe. in theory it should be pronounced as who-t
07:29 < mupuf_> whot: thanks, I wanted to ask too
07:29 <+alanc> plus daniels & mithrandir should have the master password
07:29 < whot> agd5f: can you update the  list to add me and martin?
07:29 <+alanc> probably keithp too, since he has root on all the machines
07:30 < mupuf_> agd5f: I can give you in PM the email I would like to use
07:30 <+alanc> also need to update the board list in the wiki, as someone sent mail last week to remind us
07:30 < mupuf_> alanc: someone? Was it lynxeye?
07:30 < agd5f> I've never actually admined the list per se
07:30 < mupuf_> he has been complaining about not knowing who had been elected in the end
07:31 < whot> alanc: confirming, you are going to update the wiki?
07:31 <+alanc> I can
07:31 <+alanc> mupuf_: it was from someone named Martin Michlmayr - I don't know if that's lynxeye or not
07:32 < mupuf_> alanc: that's not
07:32 <+alanc> but the election results should have been somewhat obvious once bart dropped out
07:32 < mupuf_> sure, but it isn't "official"
07:32 < mupuf_> and phoronix isn't official too
07:32 < agd5f> I jsut logged in, let me see what if I can figure it out
07:33  * whot thinks we have to stop worrying about what phoronix writes
07:33 < agd5f> new board members pm me your preferred email addresses
07:34 < mupuf_> whot: exactly my point
07:35 < marcoz> emmes sent out an official email to the members@ which I know does'nt help anyone not on the members@ list
07:36 < whot> oh. imo we should send the same email to the xorg lists, given the nomination emails went there too
07:37 <+alanc> oh, yeah, oops, should have gone to public lists too
07:37 <+alanc> is updated now - please fix your details if I got them wrong
07:38 < agd5f> mupuf_: what's your preferred email?
07:38 < mupuf_> agd5f: I sent it to you in pm
07:39 < agd5f> mupuf_: didn't get it
07:39 < mupuf_> martin.peres <at> free <dot> fr
07:39 < whot> alanc: matt's email looks wrong
07:39 < whot> alanc: oh, the two are just swapped
07:39 <+alanc> wow, I totally mixed matt & martin's email there
07:39 < agd5f> ok.  you guys should be subscribed now
07:40 < agd5f> and bart and eric are removed
07:40 < whot> the "term ends" on the wiki page are either one year off or confusing
07:40 <+alanc> there, that should be better
07:41 <+alanc> whot: confusing, as our elections slipped from end of the year until early next year, and we never fixed the wiki terms to clarify
07:41 < whot> ok, I'll fix that up with an explanation
07:42 <+alanc> so "ends 2013" is "would have ended in Dec. 2013 if we still held elections then, but now really ends about 3 months later"
07:42 < marcoz> we should try harder to be on schedule for the next election. horse whip the guy who did this most recent one.
07:42 <+alanc> oh yeah, that reminds me
07:43 <+alanc> congratulations mupuf, whot, stukreit, and, erm, me!  you're now the elections committee!
07:43 <+alanc> we'll have to update that mailing list and pick a chair for next years election at some point in the next few months
07:43 < mupuf_> alanc: thanks :) As I told on google+, I hope to be able to serve the community well :)
07:44 < marcoz> i nomnate alanc or mupuf_ to chair the next election cycle.
07:44 <+alanc> and thanks to our outgoing elections committe members for running a successful election
07:44 < mupuf_> marcoz: why not, I'm ok with it
07:45 < whot> mupuf_: +1 for mupuf_ 
07:45 < whot> and seconded, if that's a requirement
07:45 <+alanc> marcoz: one of these days we should still figure out how to get you permission to see the wiki page with the instructions for running an election
07:45 <+alanc> and then we can figure out how to add whot & mupuf_ to it as well
07:46 < mupuf_> good :)
07:46 <+alanc> +1 for mupuf_ to be elections chair
07:46 < marcoz> alanc: that would have been nice.  THough agd5f and emmes were so helpful it didn't really hurt
07:46 < mupuf_> agd5f: did you manage to add whot and I to the board ML?
07:46 <+alanc> it may get caught up in the wiki replacement project keithp & jrayhawk are doing across all the fd.o-hosted wikis
07:46 < whot> mupuf_: yes, I just got the welcome email
07:46 < agd5f> mupuf_: yeah, I think so
07:47 < marcoz> mupuf_: you interested in running elections next year?
07:47 < mupuf_> whot, agd5f: indeed, I got it too
07:48 < mupuf_> marcoz: well, yes. If that's how I can help, I'm ok with it
07:48 < mupuf_> especially if there is a wiki page explaining what I should do
07:48 < marcoz> If I was able to do it, you'll have no problems. :)
07:49 < marcoz> then +1 for mupuf_ being next elections chair
07:49 < mupuf_> good then
07:49 <+alanc> the wiki page is really good - cworth & anholt documented it well many years ago
07:49 < whot> how many votes do we need to be official? the usual majority?
07:50 <+alanc> majority of the full board, so 5 votes
07:51 < whot> ack
07:51 <+alanc> according to section 4.14 of the bylaws
07:51 < marcoz> current +1 votes:  whot, alanc, me
07:51 < stukreit> sounds like we're voting .. +1
07:52 <+alanc> which also lets the secretary declare consensus without a formal vote when no one requests one
07:52 <+alanc>
07:52  * whot needs to re-read the bylaws
07:52 <+alanc> which we keep threatening to update some year
07:53 < agd5f> +1 if we are voting
07:53 < whot> that makes 4 for mupuf_ as election chair, carried
07:53 < whot> sorry, that makes 5 for mupuf_ as election chair, carried
07:54 < whot> those two keys are just too close together
07:54 <+alanc> I'm sure you hit the right one, but a bug in the input stack generated the wrong event
07:54 < mupuf_> alanc: that's indeed the most probable reason :)
07:54 < whot> it wouldnt even surprise me...
07:55 < whot> by my clock we have 5 min left, anything else on the agenda?
07:56 <+alanc> I can't think of anything else for today - we should poke bart to see if we can get an XDC update for next meeting
07:56 <+alanc> oh, and is everyone okay with keeping this meeting time, every other week?
07:56 < whot> yes
07:56 < mupuf_> it's perfect for me
07:57 < agd5f> works for me too
07:57 < mupuf_> even though a 1h delay in the train from Paris today almost made me miss this meeting
07:57 < marcoz> damn French trains
07:57 < marcoz> :)
07:57 < whot> the train was probably on strike ;)
07:58 < mupuf_> well, technical problem apparently, they couldn't even tell us to leave the train
07:58 < whot> stukreit: happy with the meeting time?
07:59 < stukreit> yep! I'm in P.S.T.
07:59 <+alanc> works for me too
07:59 < whot> ok, let's keep this time until the next dst round comes along then
08:00 < whot> any last comments?
08:00 < stukreit> thanks for the meeting guys
08:02 < whot> ok, declaring the meeting as closed. thanks everyone, see you in two weeks