Date is 2013-05-02, times are UTC+02.

23:00 <+alanc> good afternoon
23:01 <whot> morning
23:02 <+emmes> hey all
23:02 <+emmes> still no summer in Germany :-(
23:02 <+alanc> nice and warm in California today
23:03 <agd5f> hi
23:03 <agd5f> been chilly in the DC area as well.
23:03 <mupuf> 'night ;)
23:03 <mupuf> emmes: yeah, rain in Bordeaux too
23:05 <agd5f> if anyone on the board wants to help mentor or help me go through student proposals, please sign up as a mentor with xorg on melange
23:05 <stukreit> hi
23:05 <+emmes> agd5f: will do
23:06 <stukreit> hey, at the end of the meeting, can someone change the banner to name the next meeting date?
23:06 <matt_____> hi folks. sorry I'm late.  apparently now bans mibbit
23:06 <whot> matt_____: np, we haven't started yet
23:07 <+alanc> oh good, there's more gsoc proposals now - last I looked there was just one
23:07 <stukreit> unless you count talking about the weather.  matt___, how's your weather?
23:08 <marcoz> 6 inches of snow on my yard yesterday
23:08 <marcoz> 12 car pile up on the highway
23:08 <marcoz> just lovely
23:08 <mupuf> agd5f: I am indeed a possible mentor now, I received many emails today
23:08 <+alanc> everyone here is wearing shorts, mid-80's today (F, not C, of course)
23:09 <+emmes> alanc: just be quiet :-P
23:09 <stukreit> I had to put my dog inside, cooler there.
23:10 <whot> looks like we have all but keithp 
23:11 <whot> should we start?
23:11 <+emmes> agd5f: have applied, I think the system is waiting for another mentor to agree with me
23:13 <+alanc> yes, should get started
23:13 <agd5f> emmes: all set
23:13 <+emmes> great :)
23:13 <whot> known agenda for today only has 2 items: XDC update, and GSoC applications
23:14 <stukreit> and 501c3 re-application
23:14 <stukreit> but do proceed..
23:15 <whot> status on XDC: PSU venue people have not gotten back to Bart, despite repeated efforts. I don't have the latest status last update here as Apr 19 (sorry, forgot to email him yesterday)
23:15 <whot> so right now we don't have a confirmed venue, unless keithp has updates here
23:16 <whot> quote from bart: "One issue that came up was the concern raised by Daniel Stone that XDC
23:16 <whot> was a little too far from Linux Plumbers for folks to be able to
23:16 <whot> conveniently combine them into a single trip. Don't know what the
23:16 <whot> <endquote
23:16 <whot> Board decided about that, but if you want a different date than the
23:16 <whot> current tentative one, please let keithp and I know ASAP.
23:16 <+alanc> too far in time or distance?
23:17 <whot> plumbers is sep 18-20, so I interpreted that as time
23:17 <whot> it's in new orleans
23:17 <+alanc> right, we specifically scheduled to be the week after that - don't remember why we choose end of week instead of start
23:18 <stukreit> various holidays
23:18 <+alanc> oh, I thought those were why we chose not going the week before plumbers, forgot some were that late
23:19 <whot> what holidays are these?
23:19 <stukreit> rosh hashannah, yom kippur. (i'll go look at the calendar
23:20 <stukreit> wait, no, they're sept 6 and 13
23:21 <stukreit> we did have vote among 3 or 4 options, iirc
23:21 <+alanc> may have been the PSU facility was available at the end of that week not the beginning, would have to dig out the e-mails
23:24 <stukreit> I detect a problem here. Does anyone remember the details of how we came up with those dates? Do we need to adjust?
23:25 <marcoz> stukreit: urc
23:25 <marcoz> (you recall correctly)
23:26 <+alanc> we have the e-mail archives if we need the details
23:26 <stukreit> marcoz: huh? thanks. ok. anyway, do the more linux-centric among us feel that the date needs to be revisited? 
23:28 <+alanc> I don't know how many people plan on attending both XDC & Linux Plumbers
23:29 <whot> the sensible thing here would be to move it forward by 2 days, I think. though the spillover from plumbers will be limited to 1-3 people I guess
23:29 <whot> but that depends on the venue
23:30 <whot> for those from overseas it's either fly in on weekend or fly out on a weekend, i.e. not much of a muchness
23:30 <mupuf> yeah, that doesn't change anything for me
23:33 <whot> breaking news! :) bart just replied: ".... don't really have an update. I think w're going to have to go new venue shopping. I'll talk to keithp tomorrow"
23:34 <whot> if a new venue is required, moving forward to mon-wed makes sense. anyone agree?
23:34 <stukreit> +1
23:35 <mupuf> +1
23:35 <+emmes> i don't really know. doesn't matter to much to me. whatever suites the organizers best
23:36 <marcoz> THa would make it Spt 16-18 or Sept 9-11 ?
23:36 <whot> Sep 23-25
23:37 <whot> i.e. plumbers 18-20, weekend, XDC. that should be doable for whoever wants it
23:39 <agd5f> sounds good to me +1
23:39 <+emmes> fine, yes. +1
23:40 <whot> carried. I'll let bart/keithp know
23:40 <marcoz> good here. +1
23:40 <mupuf> that should be ok for me too, I may be a bit jet lagged but whatever
23:40 <whot> mupuf: can't be worse than me :P
23:41 <marcoz> mupuf:  THere's some good beers in Portland (if still there.) Not as good as Colorado, but they'll do. :)
23:41 <mupuf> whot: in portland, there is a time difference of 9h
23:41 <mupuf> and the saturday before it, I'll be attending a roger watters (pink floyd) concert :)
23:42 <whot> you'll sleep well on the plane then :)
23:42 <mupuf> ;)
23:42 <whot> ok, let's move to the next item: GSoC. agd5f?
23:42 <agd5f> yeah
23:43 <agd5f> student proposal deadline is tomorrow and slot request deadline is May 6
23:43 <agd5f> also, if anyone wants to help mentor sign up ASAP
23:44 <marcoz> agd5f: how many proposals do we have?
23:44 <agd5f> 4 at the moment
23:44 <mupuf> agd5f: what is slot request?
23:45 <agd5f> although there are several students that have proposed plans on the ML, but haven't formally submitted to google yet.  I sent out a reminder today
23:45 <mupuf> good, I was about to send curro a reminder
23:45 <agd5f> between the may 3rd and may 6th mentor have to rate the proposals
23:45 <+alanc> it's quite traditional in GSoC to get the bulk of proposals in the last day or two - these are students, often buried in end-of-term work at the same time
23:46 <agd5f> mupuf: basically a min and max slot request for google.  like we have say 4 outstanding projects and 4 good ones, we can request min 4, max 8 or something like that
23:46 <mupuf> agd5f: good, thanks
23:49 <whot> agd5f: anything specific the board needs to do here?
23:49 <agd5f> whot: nope.  just giving a heads ups
23:49 <mupuf> agd5f: how will we decide how many slots to ask?
23:49 <mupuf> do we need to plan an IRC meetup?
23:51 <agd5f> oh, also I need someone to cover for me at the mandatory may 24th gsoc de-duplication IRTC meeting
23:51 <agd5f> *IRC
23:51 <mupuf> agd5f: I'll try to, but I can't tell right now if I'll be available
23:53 <agd5f> mupuf: no worries we've got some time.  just wanted to throw it out there
23:53 <mupuf> ack
23:53 <whot> ok, I think this is done then? should we move on to the 501c3?
23:54 <agd5f> yup.  I'm done
23:54 <stukreit> ok, simply put, I talked with Aaron, our lawyer  on monday (we were both running around nyc too much to meet)
23:54 <+alanc> wish keithp was here so we could ask if he ever talked to Karin at GNOME about the Women's Outreach program
23:54 <+alanc> (sorry, was last comment on GSoC related stuff)
23:54 <stukreit> I have to update the financial date to the past 3 years and review the 1023 form for any edits, then he'll put the packet together.
23:56 <whot> s/date/data/ ?
23:56 <stukreit> yes. thanks
23:56 <whot> ok. got a bit confused there :)
23:57 <whot> do we have any deadlines for this?
23:57 <stukreit> I don't know of any, but I intend to get this over to him in the next week
23:58 <+alanc> I guess we need to update the list of board members in it
23:58 <+alanc> otherwise most of the rest of the non-financial data should be unchanged
23:58 <stukreit> yes, whot: please email your mailing address
23:58 <+alanc> and mupuf too
23:59 <stukreit> yes, and mupuf too.
--- Day changed Fri May 03 2013
00:00 <whot> done
00:01 <whot> stukreit: anything else left to do there?
00:02 <stukreit> um, we'll see when we get to it.. just have to re-read the package and look for anything that got outdated.  
00:02 <whot> ok
00:03 <whot> does anyone have any other items?
00:06 <whot> ok, declaring meeting as closed. I'll see you guys in 2 weeks.