Date is 2013-05-17, times are UTC+10.

--- Log opened Fri May 17 01:42:08 2013
07:06 < whot_> alrighty, everyone's here, let's get started
07:06 -!- You're now known as whot
07:07 < whot> keithp: any XDC updates?
07:07 <+alanc> did the venue contract get signed?
07:08 < keithp> lemme check what I've got in email
07:11 < keithp> yeah, I've got a contract of sorts in email
07:11 < keithp> due 5/31
07:11 <+alanc> I remembered we had mail needing a signature and check for the venue, but didn't see anyone say they'd done it
07:12 < stukreit> So, I guess I should do the whole paperwork, rather than flying a check around
07:12 < keithp> stukreit: a fine plan
07:13 < stukreit> kp: plz email it to me, I'll print it now.
07:13 < keithp> what I didn't see is the 'deposit' amount; it seems like we just need to pay the full amount?
07:13 < stukreit> less than a few thousand? let's just do it
07:14 <+alanc> I move to authorize paying $1800 to PSU for the XDC facility
07:14 < stukreit> +1
07:14 < keithp> +1
07:14 < marcoz> +1
07:14 < mupuf> +1
07:14 < keithp> stukreit: should be in your inbox
07:14 < keithp> there are two forms; I've given you all the data I have ...
07:14 <+alanc> stukreit: look for mail from Bart with Subject: Fwd: Developers Conference 9/23-9/25/13 on May 6
07:14 < keithp> alanc: good point, Bart forwarded that over a week ago
07:15 < stukreit> I found it
07:15 < stukreit> ok.
07:15 < keithp> sounds good
07:15 <+alanc> I'd pulled it up to get the $1800, since I just remembered "about $2k"
07:15 < stukreit> paper, envelope stamp.  
07:15 < whot> +1
07:16 <+alanc> presumably once they confirm receipt we'll be ready to announce to the world
07:17 < stukreit> a quick look.. we'll have to make decisions about a/v, snack,s etc
07:17 < stukreit> but I just want to get the room paid out.
07:18 < keithp> stukreit: there's a fee for A/V, but that isn't due ahead of time
07:18 < keithp> and we asked about dodging their catering and it sounds plausible
07:18 <+alanc> our conference committee (Bart, idr, keithp) should be working on all those
07:19 < stukreit> ok. 2 forms. i'll take this offline
07:19 < keithp> AV was going to be < $200 for the three days
07:19 < keithp> which is what brought the total to around $2k
07:20 <+alanc> do we need to vote to give the conference committee a budget to spend on reasonable incidentals like that without coming to us each time?
07:21 < keithp> alanc: I don't think so -- the conf committee should finish up a budget and present the whole thing for approval
07:21 <+alanc> okay, that sounds good
07:21 < keithp> we need to close with the uni about catering, at which point we'll know what the rest of the budget items will be
07:22 <+alanc> saw a mention of $50 group wifi fee, which also sounds quite reasonable
07:22 < whot> keithp: any guess when the budget will be ready? (approx)
07:23 < keithp> whot: probably not until a month or two before the conf?
07:23 < whot> ok
07:23 < keithp> if there's a hurry, we can try to get it done sooner
07:23 <+alanc> hopefully this time we won't incur any disaster recovery costs like last time we went to PSU
07:23 < mupuf> alanc: what happened?
07:24 <+alanc> campus wide power outage/surge that killed annarchy.fd.o's disks
07:24 <+alanc> just coincidentally happened while we were all on campus for XDC
07:24 < mupuf> oh, so that's where fd.o's servers are
07:25 < mupuf> one more question, what will be the size of the room? ~50 people like usual?
07:25 < keithp> yes
07:25 < keithp> lovely windows looking out on a construction site (north facing) and a screen for a projector
07:27 <+alanc>
07:27 < mupuf> seems good-enough
07:29 <+alanc> the form mentioned Willamette Ballroom, which the website says can hold  40–190, though the 190 is probably just chairs, no tables, and we'd like tables for our laptops
07:29 <+alanc> still, sounds good size for us
07:30 < mupuf> indeed :)
07:30 < keithp> networking + power == success
07:32 < mupuf> keithp: if they are indeed able to cope with the network-hungry xorg hackers
07:34 < stukreit> no worse than hordes of video playing undergrads
07:34 < mupuf> good point, but those rarely go to conferences ;)
07:34 < whot> ok, I think that should cover XDC-related matters for now. any other items on the list?
07:35 < mupuf> well, since agd5f isn't here, I can write a little about the GSoC
07:35 < mupuf> and tell you where we are at

[ this part of the log is redacted.
  GSoC status information about students and projects is not intended do be public ]

07:50 < mupuf> anything left to discuss?
07:51 < whot> I don't have anything on my list
07:51 < mupuf> whot: where do you get this list from btw?
07:51 < mupuf> from the previous meeting?
07:52 < whot> just a priv wiki
07:52 <+alanc> at some point I think we need to go back through the old meeting logs to make the list of all the things we've forgotten, like bylaw updates
07:52 <+alanc> oh, stukreit: any IRS updates?
07:52 < whot> heh, was just about to ask that
07:53 < whot> once I figured out what 501c3 meant in my notes :)
07:54 < stukreit> nothing to report today
07:57 < stukreit> whot: 501(c)(3), just wikipedia it
07:57 < whot> yeah, I realised what it meant as soon as alanc asked for IRS updates :)
07:59 <+alanc> so we're done?
08:00 < stukreit> move to close meeting
08:00 < whot> I think so. calling meeting closed, see you guys in 2 weeks