Date is 2013-07-12, times are UTC+10.

07:06 < whot> ok, let's get started
07:06 <+keithp> busy coding though
07:06 < agd5f> looks much better now
07:06 <+alanc> seems to be in good enough shape that I've started fixing other issues in it, instead of waiting for further conversion work
07:07 < whot> agenda: wiki, 501c3 updates, wiki license re-visit, X trademark
07:07 < whot> wiki status - is it fixed yet, or any more work to be done?
07:07 < agd5f> one more item for stukreit, xorg supplier update status for gsoc
07:07 <+keithp> whot: it's largely fixed, but there are still minor nits to be taken care of
07:08 < whot> these are general fixes on the pages, no massive conversion work?
07:08 <+keithp> yup. Some global changes might be scriptable, but that can be done by anyone with ssh access
07:08 < agd5f> at what point should we start manually fixing up the remaining issues?
07:09 <+keithp> agd5f: if you can git clone the wiki repo, and can figure out scripts to clean known issues, that would be awesome
07:09 <+keithp> doing things with the web interface is probably too tedious though
07:10 < agd5f> keithp: got a pointer to the git repo?
07:10 < mupuf_n9> can i access the wiki now?
07:10 <+keithp>
07:10 <+alanc> anyone with a fd.o shell or git account should be able to create wiki accounts for themselves or others
07:11 <+keithp> agd5f: anyone in the git-xorg group can write to the wiki repo directly
07:11 < agd5f> ok
07:11 <+emmes> the irc logs look fine again, though I dislike the scroll bars (but I guess that's something for a global policy in css files, nothing to do with the actual wiki pages).
07:12 <+alanc> yeah, putting the text plugin in place so it stopped trying to wrap them into a single html paragraph really helped those
07:12 <+keithp> that was how the conversion script expected things to be set up
07:12 < whot> emmes: scroll bars? looks normal here
07:12 < agd5f> looks like footnotes still need some work
07:12 <+keithp> I think there are still color issues in some radeon tables too
07:13 < agd5f> cools seems to be fixed now
07:13 <+alanc> jrayhawk enabled the plugin that was supposed to make the footnotes work on the but it only seems to have hidden the footnote markers
07:13 < agd5f> colors even
07:13 <+emmes> whot: look at some log with wide lines, e.g.
07:13 <+alanc> can always just manually convert those to html <a> tags though, since the iki markup allows direct html tag use
07:14 < whot> emmes: oh, right. my monitor is clearly too big :)
07:14 <+keithp> alanc: if you've got ikiwiki config suggestions, we can try almost anything
07:15 <+alanc> I don't have any more at the moment
07:15 < whot> ok, so can we assume the migration process is largely done and we hope for the best with manually fixing up the rest
07:17 <+keithp> I think so
07:17 < whot> while we're on the subject of the wiki. jcristau suggested to use MIT instead of CC-BY-SA for wiki content so we can use the wiki content in documentation as well. comments?
07:17 < agd5f> sounds good to me
07:17 <+keithp> yeah, compatible licensing is always nice
07:17 < marcoz> any downsides?
07:17 <+keithp> just the usual people not sharing
07:18 -!- mupuf_n9_ [~communi@] has joined #xf-bod
07:18 -!- mupuf_n9 [~communi@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
07:18 < whot> yeah. though I do wonder how much effect this would have on wiki content
07:18 < agd5f> I doubt anyone will notice
07:19 < whot> and being able to move content across probably outweighs that
07:19 <+alanc> +1
07:19 < agd5f> +1
07:19 <+keithp> +1
07:19 < mupuf_n9_> so, +1 for using the x11 license
07:20 < whot> it is decided then. mupuf_n9_, did you add the license information to the wiki, and if so can you update it? if not, can you just do the new one now :)
07:21 < marcoz> +1
07:21 < mupuf_n9_> i should be able to do it tomorrow, yeah
07:21 < whot> thanks
07:22 < mupuf_n9_> sorry for the disconnection
07:22 <+keithp> mupuf_n9_: aren't you on a boat?
07:22 <+emmes> +1
07:22 < mupuf_n9_> keithp, i am.
07:23 < mupuf_n9_> but it stopped
07:23 < whot> marcoz: did you contact sflc for the retroactive licensing yet?
07:25 < marcoz> whot: I was waiting on stuart to get me a name. i think he's waiting to hear back from Eben.
07:25 < whot> ok
07:25 < marcoz> is he not on?
07:26 < whot> doesn't appear to be today
07:26 <+alanc> he's been out for vacation this week
07:26 <+alanc> I saw he answered e-mail, but I think he's still on the wrong side of the planet
07:26 < marcoz> he's in Vegas?
07:26 <+alanc> (well, the other side, not the wrong one)
07:26 < whot> he's in australia? :)
07:26 -!- mupuf_n9__ [~communi@] has joined #xf-bod
07:27 <+alanc> Asia I believe
07:28 < mupuf_n9__> i'm sorry guys, 3g doesn't really work well with irc...
07:30 < whot> next item: X trademark. I suspect you've seen Matthieu's email
07:31 -!- mupuf_n9_ [~communi@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
07:31 < whot> so what is our trademark registration, etc.?
07:33 <+alanc> would have to go through the back meeting logs, but I think we elected not to spend the money to register it
07:36 < whot> which brings up the question - if theat company registers X as trademark, can they take our usage away?
07:36 <+keithp> we didn't think we could defend it, as it's been around for a long time
07:36 -!- mupuf_n9__ [~communi@] has quit [Ping timeout: 480 seconds]
07:37 <+alanc> I thought they were just making a domain name with X - we certainly have no exclusive claim on the letter across all usages, just for window systems
07:38 < whot> well, yes, but law is somewhat... weird.
07:38 < whot> email didn't say what domain names they were trying to register, only that they were 'similar'
07:38 < whot> so maybe or so
07:40 < whot> alanc: can you dig up what the decision on trademark is? I'll contact those guys once I know
07:41 <+alanc> I'll see what I can find in my old e-mails & the logs
07:41 < whot> thanks
07:42 < whot> that finishes the agenda, 501c3 and xorg supplier status are items for stuart who isn't here today
07:43 <+keithp> whot: sounds good to me
07:44 < whot> oh, and update from last week: the DMCA safe-harbour was filed as bug 66719, with the board on CC. thanks alanc
07:44 < whot> keithp: anything XDC-related that's of interest?
07:44 <+keithp> nope; the pages are visible again at least :-)
07:45 <+alanc> and several people have signed up to attend in the day or so they've been back
07:45 <+keithp> v cool!
07:47 < whot> any other items?
07:48 < whot> *crickets*
07:48 < whot> declaring as closed. thanks guys