Date is 2013-07-26, times are UTC+10.

07:02 <+anholt> just flushed the member admin queue.  welcome to some new members from FreeBSD!
07:03 < whot> cool, thanks
07:03 <+keithp> anholt: thanks!
07:03 <+anholt> mostly I got curious that I saw so many applications, when we didn't have elections coming up.
07:04 < mupuf_> anholt: member admin queue?
07:04 <+anholt> mupuf_: member applications get reviewed before being accepted, which I've ended up taking care of.
07:05 <+alanc> people who've applied for membership in the foundation, so they can vote or run in our annual elections
07:05 <+anholt> this mostly just making sure that people who aren't associated and are just looking for information don't bloat the system and keep us from getting quorum on elections.
07:05 < mupuf_> ah, I put the hyphen to the wrong place, I understood member-admin queue
07:05 < mupuf_> instead of member admin-queue
07:06 < mupuf_> whatever, sorry for the noise
07:06 <+anholt> :)
07:07 < whot> we're all here for today, matt won't make it. so let's get started
07:08 < whot> except: I don't have an agenda for today, slept in and only woke up 5 min before the meeting, sorry. anyone has any updates?
07:08 < mupuf_> whot: I do, the license of the wiki
07:08 <+keithp> and the hotel arrangements for XDC
07:09 < agd5f> I just wanted to check with stukreit about the google vendor stuff for gsoc
07:09 < mupuf_> I added a title and a paragraph to this page:
07:09 < mupuf_> at the bottom
07:09 < stukreit> agd5f: sorry, I haven't moved on it yet
07:10 < stukreit> been having poor focus lately. need to act
07:10 < mupuf_> oh, and we have received some proposals for the XDC
07:10 < whot> yeah, saw these too. keithp, is there a paper committee?
07:10 <+alanc> yeah, noticed the sudden influx, then looked at the calendar and understood
07:10 <+keithp> whot: yes, there is a committee
07:11 <+emmes> I have sent a talk proposal to, but haven't seen it neither bouncing nor incoming. Did anybody see it?
07:11 < whot> emmes: it arrived 
07:11 <+alanc> emmes: I saw it
07:11 <+emmes> thanks :)
07:12 < whot> keithp: ok, so you'll take care of them formally then?
07:13 <+keithp> whot: not me personally, there's a committee for that :-)
07:13 <+alanc> you'll forward them to the committee?
07:13 < whot> keithp: well, you're hereby volunteered to be the intermediary for the committee :)
07:13 < mupuf_> keithp: may I remind you that I would like to part of that committee? Except for when the decision will be taken concerning my paper, of course
07:13 <+keithp> oh, thanks
07:13 <+keithp> mupuf_: of course
07:14 < whot> are the members of the comittee public? i think you mentioned them a few months back but I'd have to dig through the logs
07:14 <+alanc> CfP says formal proposals due by next Thursday
07:14 <+keithp> I don't remember who's on the committee, but it's not a secret
07:15 < whot> ok
07:15  * keithp has been more focused on hotel arrangements
07:15 < whot> keithp: are you on the c?
07:16 <+keithp> no
07:16 < whot> ok, then new plan. mupuf_, you're the new intermediary once you figure out how to be on the committee
07:16 <+keithp> whot: should be in the bod minutes
07:17 <+keithp> no sign in my email
07:17 < mupuf_> whot: not sure what it means, but I'm ok with it
07:18 < whot> mupuf_: that means next meeting I get to ask you for updates on the xdc papers and you'll know them :)
07:18 < mupuf_> oh, sure
07:18 < whot> it's quite an involved job, as you can see :)
07:18 <+alanc> I was thinking the committee was keithp, bart & ian before, but maybe that was just the conference organizing committee
07:18 < mupuf_> well, we need to make a decision in about a week, so we'll be ready
07:20 <+alanc> says "Ian Romanick for organizing the paper committee" - so contact him
07:20 <+keithp> alanc: yay!
07:20 < whot> minutes from 2013-06-13 say "Determine committee memebership. Possibly Ian, Bart and Martin"
07:21 <+alanc> okay, so I was off by one in my memory - that committee sounds good to me
07:21 <+keithp> mupuf_: you're in charge, it seems, as idr isn't here :-)
07:21 < whot> meme-bership, possibly involving lolcats
07:22 < mupuf_> keithp: I'll send a mail to all the people listed. If anyone wants to be added to this mail thread, they can contact me
07:23 <+keithp> sounds good
07:23 < whot> ok, next XDC topic: hotels. keithp?
07:24 < mupuf_> and we will try to find a date to have our discussion for the final decision (after everyone has read the papers)
07:24 <+keithp> yeah, turns out there were more contracts to be signed for the XDC hotel; I've done that, and am still trying to get the precise room price nailed down, but it's going to be about $80
07:25 < mupuf_> per day?
07:25 <+keithp> yes
07:26 <+keithp> that's for hotel rooms for participants
07:26 < mupuf_> so I guess there is catering included
07:27 <+keithp> we haven't asked for any catering, but it is available. THere is a full 'american' breakfast included in the room rate
07:27 <+keithp> there are also fabulous breakfast places within a modest distance
07:29 < whot> there is catering (i.e. coffee and misc) as part of the conference, I suspect?
07:30 < mupuf_> I mean, for $80/day/participant, bringing some coffee/tea/orange juice is the least they could do. But I have no comparaison point
07:31  * whot thought 80 per night was cheap...
07:31 < whot> guess living in .au has warped my perceptions
07:31  * agd5f agd5f did too
07:31 <+alanc> seems cheap from the California point of view too
07:32 <+alanc> but everything's more expensive in the bay area
07:32 < mupuf_> oh, we sleep there too?
07:32 < mupuf_> then I agree, it is pretty cheap
07:32 < mupuf_> I thought it was for the venue
07:33 < whot> mupuf_: oh, yes. that's the _hotel_ rate, not the venue. the venue has been sorted for a while
07:33  * mupuf_ should wake up
07:33 < whot> mupuf_: if you find a nice spot under the bridge the conference is free :)
07:34 < mupuf_> hey hey, $80 is quite cheap for an hotel, especially to european people
07:35 < whot> ok, so that's all good then, anything else on XDC?
07:37 < whot> I'll take this as a 'no'. mupuf_ regarding the wiki license - can you figure out if it's possible to add the blurb to the 'edit' page?
07:37 <+keithp> sorry, dual-meetings. No, nothing else on XDC
07:37 < whot> similar to how wikipedia has it when you're editing, so no-one can claim they didn't see the license info
07:37 < mupuf_> whot: I can try. Does everyone agree with the wording though?
07:37 < mupuf_>
07:38 < mupuf_> "The content of this wiki is licensed under the MIT License unless stated otherwise by the author of specific wiki pages."
07:38 <+alanc> works for me
07:38 < mupuf_> I guess we shouldn't force authors to be under the MIT License, so I decided to be more open
07:39 < agd5f> I'm fine with forcing MIT
07:39 < whot> imo we should force authors to be MIT except for pre-existing pages. otherwise the license mess will get complicated
07:39 < whot> I don't want the "how to compile X" under a beer-pong license
07:41 < mupuf_> ok, so "The content of this wiki is licensed under the MIT License."
07:42 < mupuf_> and we consider we retroactively set the license
07:44 < agd5f> sounds good
07:44 < whot> "By clicking the "Save page" button, you agree to the Terms of Use, and you irrevocably agree to release your contribution under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 License and the GFDL."
07:44 < whot> from wikipedia, maybe modify that for the edit page
07:44 < mupuf_> right
07:45 < mupuf_> not sure I have the rights to modify the source code of ikiwiki but I'll see if there are templates I can modify
07:45 < mupuf_> hopefully, they aren't shared
07:46 < mupuf_> We put the new nouveau wiki (sounds weird) under the same license, so that's ok for us but some other wikis may not like it
07:50 < mupuf_> whot: should be move to something else?
07:50 < whot> yes, sorry, got extreme lag here all of a sudden
07:51 < mupuf_> right :)
07:52 < mupuf_> who should decide who to fund for the XDC?
07:53 <+alanc> we generally just have the board vote on each request as it comes in,
07:53 <+alanc> with members abstaining on their own requests if they make them
07:54 < mupuf_> makes sense
07:54 <+emmes> sure
07:54 < whot> last item I have here is Bart's mail regaring OIN contact info - who has that and where is it?
07:54 < mupuf_> so far, only emmes asked for funding
07:55 <+emmes> i guess we wait for submission deadline until doing our decision.
07:55 < whot> chchrist, I'm getting >66% packet loss to my irc, sorry
07:55 < mupuf_> emmes: seems reasonable
07:56 < mupuf_> this way, if we are tight on budget, we can select and prioritize
07:56 <+emmes> I think I remember somebody else asked for funding - haven't seen a proposal about that so far, though
07:56 <+emmes> at least none that I remember
07:57 <+alanc> in the meantime, please try to estimate costs for what you want sponsored
07:57 <+alanc> otherwise we'll just guess at how much it costs to fly from Germany to PDX
07:58 <+emmes> I guess decision will be in 2 weeks then? ok, will do. checking flight costs now doesn't make sense, though, they change on an hourly basis...
07:59 <+alanc> at least letting us know if we're talking $2k or $5k would help, doesnt have to be exact number of dollars
08:00 <+alanc> on another topic as we run out of time: since no one responded to my mail on the book sprint guide I guess I should just go ahead and announce its posted - any objections?
08:01 < mupuf_> alanc: please do
08:01 < mupuf_> and thanks for putting it on the wiki!
08:01 < mupuf_> that's the best place for it IMO
08:01 <+alanc> is the latest form of marcheu's driver guide posted anywhere we can link to?
08:02 < mupuf_> alanc: there is a git link
08:02 < mupuf_> I can dig it up if you want
08:02 < mupuf_>
08:03 <+alanc> yeah, but telling people to read TeX sources out of git isn't exactly user friendly - I know he had a pdf posted at one point, which would be better
08:03 < marcheu> alanc: hmm, I have some local commits at home. I'll regen a pdf from it and push to that git as well
08:03 <+emmes> alanc: flight is ATM just short before 1k US$
08:03 < mupuf_> emmes: from nuremberg? I should buy my tickets ASAP :s
08:04 <+alanc> emmes: sounds reasonable, plus $80/night hotel I assume
08:04 <+emmes> yep, from nuremberg. I guess frankfurt is a bit cheaper ;-)
08:04 <+emmes> alanc: yes.
08:04 <+alanc> marcheu: thanks, if you can let me know what that's up, I'll point to it as well
08:06 < marcheu> will do
08:09 <+alanc> hmm, think whot hit 100% packet loss?
08:09 <+alanc> anything else we have to discuss today?
08:09 -!- whot_ [~phuttere@] has joined #xf-bod
08:09 < whot_> sorry, dropped off there for a while.
08:10 < whot_> thought it was local at first, appears to be my irc server
08:10 <+alanc> guess that answers the first question 8-)
08:10 < mupuf_> alanc: yep, it was spot on
08:11 < mupuf_> as for the second question, whot_, anything else we have to discuss today?
08:11 < whot_> just that OIN thing I mentioned before (think that still got through), I dropped off after that
08:11 <+alanc> didn't see OIN here
08:12 <+alanc> but I remember Bart's mail now that you mention it
08:12 < whot_> exactly that one :) bart suggested we update OIN's contact info - who has that and where is it?
08:13 <+alanc> I think I still have the e-mails from last year, can look and see
08:13 <+alanc> whot_: should cover what you missed
08:15 < whot_> thanks, I'll add that to the summary
08:15 < whot_> emmes: can you post the irc logs on the wiki again? not sure when I'll get mine off the server
08:16 < whot_> otherise nothing else on the list. so I guess we can call it closed for today
08:17 <+alanc> I've got the email exchanges where Bart signed the OIN agreement on behalf of the board, and the OIN person he mailed to
08:17 <+alanc> presumably that person can update our contact info - did you want to take over as current secretary?
08:19 < whot_> might as well, fwd it to me pls
08:19 <+alanc> will do
08:19 < mupuf_> whot: thanks for doing it
08:19 <+alanc> it should actually be in the mail archives, but then you'd have to get a mailman password to read it
08:19 < whot_> what's in my inbox is easier to search for :)
08:19 < whot_> anyway, that's all for today, thanks guys, see you in two weeks