Notes from X.Org BoD telecon October 3, 2006

Stuart Kreitman (SK)
Kevin Martin (KM)
Jim McQuillan (JQ)
Jim Gettys (JG)
Leon Shiman (LS)
Egbert Eich (EE)

1. Unified Copyright Clause
2. Progress on Election Process 
3. Trademark Issues

1. JG broad up the issue that X.Org should:
   a. come up with a unified author neutral license clause.
   b. unify all license clauses of copyrights it owns.
   c. should work with companies that have donated code to
      the X Window System to get their consent to change or
      subsume their license clauses under the common form.
   d. resolve the issue with the non-GPL compatible SGI license
   e. advicate that all contributors use the same license clause.
   To do this a public discussion on this issue ought to be
   started to come to a consenus among a. individual contributors 
   b. corporations that contribute or have contributed code.
   JG will kick this off.
   It was noted that several files still seem to contain reference
   to 'The Open Group'. LS reported that all those copyrights should
   have been changed to X.Org when X.Org was created as a subgroup
   of X.Org. EE will reasearch which files still contain TOG copyright/
   license clauses, LS will contact TOG to confirm their consent.

2. Progress on Election Process 
   By-Law committee reported that it is about to schedule a last
   meeting to review results from consulting our legal counsel.
   Also the outcome of the public review needs to be discussed.
   A meeting will be scheduled by the By-Laws committee for later
   in the same week.

3. The Board continued discussion on issues around trademarks.