Summary of the 05 September 2013 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors

Full IRC meeting logs are posted at BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2013/09-05.



  • Alan Coopersmith, Martin Peres, Peter Hutterer, Alex Deucher, Matt Dew, Keith Packard


  • Matthias Hopf, Stuart Kreitmann


Most of the meeting was spent discussion potential umbrella organizations. We don't have a conclusion yet, there are some questions that came up and more that will come up. The next board meeting will be at the XDC where we'll be closer to a decision.

Items discussed

ITEM: email alias
Get a treasurer@ and secretary@ email alias to make it easier to have the
respective person's contact in various forms.
ACTION: Peter H to get this set up
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: access to board wiki
Current list of accounts on the board wiki excludes Peter H, Martin P and
Matt D, need to be added.
ACTION: Peter H to get the missing accounts added
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: ActionItems
Historically the board didn't have a good way of tracking action items. exists now, but more as
stopgap than a real solution. Trello has been floated as potential option.
ACTION: Peter H to look into better solutions
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Discussion of Umbrella orgs
ASF is quite involved (License requirements, etc.) and unlikely a good
match.  So far SPI and SFConservancy seem the best fit for us, but a set of
points still need clarification, these will continue to be discussed by 
the board.
ACTION: Decisions to be made
STATUS: Pending