Summary of the 24 September 2013 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors

This was a face-to-face meeting at XDC in Portland, OR. No IRC logs are available for this meeting.



  • Alan Coopersmith, Martin Peres, Peter Hutterer, Matt Dew, Keith Packard, Matthias Hopf, Stuart Kreitmann


  • Alex Deucher


Note that this was a face-to-face meeting at XDC in Portland, OR. No IRC logs are avaliable for this meeting.

Thanks to the efforts by the SFLC, we have our 501(c)(3) status back, and the required tax form have been filed, or are in the process of being filed.

As for the umbrella organisation, we chose SPI - if we will merge, there are some items to be checked first before we can make that decision.

Items discussed

ITEM: 501(c)(3) Status
SFLC got us our 501(c)(3) status back, but Stuart K is still waiting for the
paperwork to arrive. The 990N tax form for 2012 has been filed, and the ones
for the preceding years will be filed as required.
ACTION: Stuart K to receive paperwork
STATUS: Complete

ITEM: Umbrella org
Keith chatted to SPI and SFConservancy, both of them would be willing to 
host X.Org. The board voted unanimously for SPI, if we will merge with an
umbrella - that part isn't completely clear yet.
Keith P will talk to to our council at the SFLC to figure out a way forward.
Peter H will check the by-laws if a merge requires a member vote.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Bank move
Stuart in the process of changing bank. Filed an application form, not yet
ACTION: Stuart to complete the process
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Copyright transfer from The Open Group to the X.Org foundation
Did that ever happen? Now there's a tale of the past. Email records say it
has been done but we don't have documentation.
ACTION: Alan C to chase this up
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: GSoC mentor payments
ACTION: Stuart waiting for reply from Google
STATUS: Pending