Summary of the 17 October 2013 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors

Full IRC meeting logs are posted at BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2013/10-17.



  • Martin Peres, Peter Hutterer, Matt Dew, Keith Packard, Matthias Hopf, Stuart Kreitmann Alex Deucher


  • Alan Coopersmith


The foundation is now on G+ and Twitter.

Travel sponsorship repayments hit a minor bump due to differing exchange rates. The outstanding money will be paid asap, and we re-defined the process to make sure we don't have that happen again.

Merging with SPI requires a membership vote, so we will need to set up an election, including a review of the bylaws.

Items discussed

ITEM: Google+ and Twitter accounts
We now have an X.Org Foundation Google+ account, and @XOrgFoundation on
STATUS: Complete

ITEM: Repayments for sponsorship
Due to exchange rate differences, the repayment of some sponsorships wasn't
identical to the original rate. For the future, the Treasurer and the
recipient will have to agree on an exchange rate at the time the invoice is
issued, as well as the actual amount.
ACTION: Stuart K to repay the missing money
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Bank move
No updates
ACTION: Stuart to complete the process
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Umbrella org
The by-laws require joining an umbrella org (i.e. SPI) to be a membership
vote. This may require some more changes in the by-laws, along with the
actual setup of an election.
ACTION: Martin P to work out changes required and effort to set up an election
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Potential XDC co-location
Peter H has received requests for XDC to be co-located with other conferences
to save on travel costs for attendees. At this point costs are unclear
(dependent on the conferences), this is just a heads-up.
ACTION: Peter H to gather more information
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Logo contest and Foundation identity
Our logo is aging and Martin P wanted to start a logo contest. There is some
misperception about what X.Org is and what it encompasses, so we should
attempt to find our identity (again).
STATUS: Postponed to the next meeting