This is the rough program for XDS2008. If you would like to give a talk, please add a proposal to the Ideas section below. Please do not edit the program itself: instead, if you have any time constraints (e.g. are arriving late or leaving early), please note them with your talk.
Refreshments (coffee, tea, biscuits, etc) will be served throughout the day; a light breakfast will be served in the morning (coffee, tea and pastries), and lunch will be served on-campus. Dinner is at your own discretion, as long as you're out of the zoo by 6pm. There's a pub across the road from the zoo, which is apparently quite good.
On Thursday, there'll be a guided tour of the zoo at sunset, going from 6pm-7:30pm, after which there'll be a drink and some finger food back at Mansion House.
Feel free to fill the bof/demo/misc slots if you want to talk about something.
|Wednesday (input and misc)||Thursday (GL-related happiness)||Friday (other)|
|9am||tea/coffee/pastries, coalesce||tea/coffee/pastries, coalesce||tea/coffee/pastries, coalesce|
|9:30am||Welcome and Foundation overview (, Foundation board)||Gallium3D status ()||Plymouth graphical boot synergies (KristianHøgsberg)|
|10:30am||morning tea||morning tea||morning tea|
|10:45am||Input summary ()||Gallium3D, i915, and you (JakobBornecrantz)||DRI2 v2 (KristianHøgsberg)|
|11:45am||Pointer acceleration ()||Intel Graphics Testing ( )|
|Radeon KMS, memory management, etc (JeromeGlisse)||More DRI2 hilarity|
|1:30pm||Improving input latency (TiagoVignatti)||GLSL ( )||Everybody loves Intel ()|
|2:30pm||Runtime GPU power management ()||(2:15pm) Penguin Parade||XKB stuff (SimosXenitellis)|
|3:15pm||afternoon tea||afternoon tea||afternoon tea|
|3:30pm||Live XI2 spec drafting ()||GEM: The easy and simple memory manager everyone's gonna love ()||Lock doors, no-one leaves until 7.4 released ( , possible virtual presence from AdamJackson and DanielStone)|
|4:30pm||(bof?)||(bof?)||(continuation of previous?)|
|6pm||be social||sunset zoo tour then drinks/nibbles in Mansion House||be social|
- Input and related:
- Input summary ( ): Current state of input, XI2, MPX.
- Improving input latency (TiagoVignatti): Current state of input-thread and other ideas.
- Introduction to pointer acceleration: a few slides on ptr accel ( ; not on sep 5th)
- Interactive session: XI 2 Protocol specification Draft 0 ( )
- X.Org Foundation (EgbertEich, MatthieuHerrb, , feat. all of AdamJackson, BartMassey, DanielStone and in spirit): Rough overview of how and what the Foundation's up to, begging for members, etc. ,
- Peace full talk on radeon kms, memory management, cache coherency, command submission and various others topics (JeromeGlisse)
- DRI2 version 2! Now without sarea or locks (KristianHøgsberg)
- The Plymouth Graphical Boot Experience (KristianHøgsberg)
- State of Gallium3D (TG)
- Gallium3D, i915 and you (JakobBornecrantz)
- Runtime power management of graphics hardware - interfaces and capabilities ( )
- Graphics testing ( ): what community can help on testing, how to file a good bug report.
- Rah rah Intel rah rah ( )
- Probably something to do with Mesa ( )
- Everyone loves OpenGL 3 ( )
- X.Org 7.5, server 1.6, and similarly cheerful topics (AdamJackson and DanielStone in spirit and possibly heckling via IRC) with