Current Status of Gallium3D Pipes and State Trackers
This table lists the current combinations of state trackers and pipe drivers.
- d3d1x: Direct 3D 10/11
- g3dvl: Generic GPU-Accelerated Video Decoding
- vega: OpenVG - The Standard for Vector Graphics Acceleration
- egl: Windowing system trackers similar to dri of EGL standard.
- wgl: Windowing system trackers similar to dri for MS Windows.
- identity: This is a skeleton driver, used for passthrough and wrapping of pipes.
- nouveau: This is not actually a driver, but a set of routines common to all nv pipes.
- trace: This is a passthrough driver that traces Gallium library calls.
State tracker conformance tests:
- mesa: tri, gears, piglit. tri and gears must render correctly and not crash; piglit must pass.
- vega: None.
- exa: rendercheck. This should be a goal for improving exa, drivers bound to exa, and rendercheck.
- g3dvl: None.
- dri: glxinfo. Must say that direct rendering is enabled.
- xorg: Xorg. X server must come up. Input drivers do not matter.
- egl: eglinfo, eglscreen, egltri. egltri must render correctly.
- wgl: None.
What do these mean?
- "DONE" means that it is implemented and passes the state-tracker-specific conformance test.
- "MOSTLY" means that it is implemented but does not pass the conformance test.
- "WIP" means that the implementation is being worked on, but should not be considered ready for general testing.
- "SLOW" means that the feature is DONE, but not performant due to known deficiencies in the code.
- "TODO" means that the implementation is incomplete and nobody is working on it.
- "UNKNOWN" means that the current status of this item isn't known.
If you're the maintainer of any of this code, please update these when you can, especially UNKNOWN slots.
|i915 (Intel i915/i945)||DONE||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||TODO||DONE||DEPRECATED||DONE||UNKNOWN|
|nv30 (nVidia NV30 and NV40)||WIP||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||N/A||MOSTLY||DEPRECATED||DONE||UNKNOWN|
|nv50 (nVidia NV50/G80)||DONE||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||WIP1||WIP||WIP||MOSTLY||DEPRECATED||DONE||UNKNOWN|
|nvc0 (nVidia NVC0/Fermi)||DONE||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||WIP||DONE||TODO||MOSTLY||DEPRECATED||DONE||UNKNOWN|
|r300 (ATI R300/R400/R500)||DONE||WIP||WIP||WIP||UNKNOWN||TODO||DONE||DEPRECATED||DONE||TODO|
|r600 (ATI R600/R700/R800/R900)||DONE||WIP||WIP||WIP||UNKNOWN||WIP||DONE||DEPRECATED||DONE||TODO|
|radeonsi (AMD Southern Islands)||WIP||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||WIP||UNKNOWN||TODO||WIP||DEPRECATED||WIP||UNKNOWN|
|svga (VMware Virtual GPU)||DONE||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||TODO||MOSTLY||DEPRECATED||DONE||UNKNOWN|
1 - mpeg2 hardware (not shaders) decoding DONE
Feature stacks that give equivalent functionality to the classic MESA implementation
|xorg + exa||DDX + Xv|
|dri + mesa||GL + GLSL|
|KMS + Gallium3D||DRM + DRI + DDX|