Input Driver Roadmap
This page loosely describes what's needed for the next versions of various input drivers. This site is NOT for collecting feature request. Please file a bug if you want to propose a feature to a driver.
Feel free to work on any of the features below but make sure to contact the maintainer to avoid duplicating work.
axis inversion and axis swapping should be moved into the server or a library. Currently being worked on Bug 21129.
- drag lock, wheel emulation should potentially be in the server/a library.
- wacom support needs polishing
- touchpad support needs polishing
- remove synclient and syndaemon, push into separate repository
remove pointer acceleration code - rely on the server for acceleration. alternatively, tell the server to not accelerate on top of synaptics. See also Bug 20371, Comment 11.
remove SHM configuration. SHM for debugging is fine, but not for configuration (this will break with pre 1.6 servers) - completed in git
- Make the driver more talkative about read errors and the like.