The Intel graphics driver in X.Org intends to support all intel chipsets from the i810 and upwards. Please note that this driver does not support the GMA 500, found in various Atom-based designs.
A listing of known laptop graphics chips can be found at IntelLaptopChips.
- "DONE" means that it is implemented and relatively bug-free.
- "MOSTLY" means that it is implemented but has some known bugs.
- "WIP" means that someone has started on the initial implementation.
- "BIOS" means only if supported by your BIOS. No software support. Yet.
- "N/A" means that the feature is not supported by the hardware.
- "N/N" means that the feature will not be implemented, because a better alternative is or will be available.
- "TODO" means that someone needs to write the code. The required knowledge to write the code may or may not be known. Please ask on #intel-gfx if you want to get your feet wet on this.
- "UNKNOWN" means that the current status of this item isn't known. You are free to update it if you know.
|2D features||i810-i815||i830-i865G||915G-945G/G33||965G/G35||G4x||HD Graphics (Gen5)||HD Graphics - Sandy Bridge (Gen6)|
|sync to vblank||TODO||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN|
|Mesa 3D features||i810-i815||i830-i865G||915G-945G/G33||965G/G35||G4x||HD Graphics (Gen5)||HD Graphics - Sandy Bridge (Gen6)|
|Output||i810-i815||i830-i865G||915G-945G/G33||965G/G35||G4x||HD Graphics (Gen5)||HD Graphics - Sandy Bridge (Gen6)|
|Dual head ()||UNKNOWN||UNKNOWN||DONE||DONE||DONE||DONE||DONE|
|Other||i810-i815||i830-i865G||915G-945G/G33||965G/G35||G4x||HD Graphics (Gen5)||HD Graphics - Sandy Bridge (Gen6)|
The latest release is Intel 2011Q3 graphics package.
The Intel Linux Graphics Driver web portal: http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org.
The Intel graphics driver is currently maintained in the xf86-video-intel git repository in X.Org. To check out the current code, use:
git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
cg clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
More instructions on using git to interact with the repository can be found at UsingGit.
The Intel graphics driver and hardware has support for sDVO ADD2 DVI Cards, which you can learn about at SDVOADD2Cards.
- User guide for How to build driver from scratch
- User guide for How to setup dual head
- User guide for How to report bugs
- User guide for Reporting suspend-resume issues
Please note that TV out support is usually provided by third-party encoder chips, which typically require separate drivers. Some of these drivers have not yet been written or included in the intel driver, thus while everything else may work fine, TV out may not be supported depending on the encoder chip paired with your graphics chip.