In addition to the RandR X protocol, an official configuration utility (named
xrandr) is maintained in the freedesktop git repository.
- Protocol specification
- RandR 1.2 overview from Debian
- X Configuration from Ubuntu
- Documentation from Intel on setting up dual head configuration with RandR 1.2
- XrandR 1.2 HowTo from ThinkWiki
- A Newbie's Guide from Phoronix
A short how-to on writing an X.Org driver, updated to include RandR 1.2. For Historical (only?) value:
The usenix paper from 2001 describing RANDR 0.91 and it's motivations.