7.4 was released on September 23, 2008
- x11perf 1.5: Compositing tests added.
- xtrans 1.1: Support for abstract socket namespace under Linux.
- xf86-input-evdev 2.0.x: Many stability and completeness fixes, should work out of the box with a large range of devices, plus middle-button emulation for mice.
- xf86-video-ati 6.9.x: Support for r5xx/r6xx/r7xx (RadeonHD 1xxx/2xxx/3xxx) devices added, including textured video for r5xx. Full RandR 1.2 support for all chipsets.
- EXA: Numerous speedups (inc. font rendering), cleanups, and correctness fixes.
libX11 1.1.5: Numerous i18n additions and fixes (JamesCloos).
- xorg-server 1.5: Faster startup and shutdown, lots of code removal, EDID 1.4, Secure RPC authentication, GLX and DRI passthrough support for Xephyr, smarter autoconfiguration, pervasive and coherent XACE security framework, easier building of GL code, numerous input-related bugfixes.
These are just listed for easy reference here, the above link is the canonical list, and this list contains some modules that are no longer included in the full X.Org releases. Only the release announcement for the version to be included in X11R7.4 is listed here. Some modules had multiple releases since X11R7.3 - see each module's ChangeLog for a full list of changes.
xf86-video-openchrome 0.2.903 (announce mail missing! cf NEWS file)
- xf86driproto 2.0.4 (no announce mail!)