X11R7.8 development is underway. No release schedule has been planned yet.
- RandR extension 1.4
- X Resource extension 1.2
- XInput extension 2.3: pointer barrier events and releases
- Security fixes from Security Advisory 2013-05-23
- DRI3 & Present extensions
- XWayland integration
These have been discussed, but are not yet integrated to the source repos, and may or may not make the release:
- Video driver hotplugging
- Add xf86-video-nested, xf86-video-modesetting to the katamari driver set
- Replace Xephyr, Xvfb, Xnest, Xfake, etc. with Xorg using xf86-video-dummy and xf86-video-nested
- Documentation: Further integration across doc sets. Docs from Book Sprint.
- Referee DoubleBuffer vs. libfb/Composite
- Add Solaris Trusted Extensions security module which uses XACE (AlanCoopersmith).
There are also a number of items on the ToDo list waiting for someone to pick up the work, but those are less likely to make the release without anyone actively working on them.
- TBD (Someone needs to volunteer to be release manager before any release plans can be made.)