X.Org continues to develop and release the X Window System software components.
These are released individually as each component is ready, without waiting for a overall X Window System “katamari” release schedule - see the individual X.Org releases directory for downloads, and the xorg-announce archives or git repositories for details on included changes.
No release plan for a X11R7.8 rollup katamari release has been proposed yet.
- RandR extension 1.4 & 1.5
- X Resource extension 1.2
- XInput extension 2.3: pointer barrier events and releases
- Security fixes for Security Advisories against X11R7.7
- DRI3 & Present extensions
- XWayland integration
- libinput driver
- Glamor and ModeSetting driver merged into xorg-server
These have been discussed, but are not yet integrated to the source repos, and may or may not happen (either for this release or in the future):
- Video driver hotplugging
- Add xf86-video-nested to the katamari driver set
- Replace Xephyr, Xvfb, Xnest, Xfake, etc. with Xorg using xf86-video-dummy and xf86-video-nested
- Documentation: Further integration across doc sets. Docs from Book Sprint.
- Referee DoubleBuffer vs. libfb/Composite
There are also a number of items on the ToDo list waiting for someone to pick up the work, but those are less likely to make the release without anyone actively working on them.
- TBD (Someone needs to volunteer to be release manager before any release plans can be made.)