The latest full release of X.Org was X11R7.7, on June 6, 2012. Of note, this release added multitouch input support, Fence synchronization primitives, and pointer barriers. Read more in the Release Notes.
- List of module versions in various roll-up releases.
- Individual releases of Xorg modules are here.
- 6.8.0 post-partum: lessons learned.
- For module maintainers: HOWTO Make a release.
- X11R7.6 (Released: 2010-12-20) Release Notes. Of note, this release added xorg.conf.d directories, InputClass configuration sections, udev support on Linux, improved documentation, and integrated xcb.
- X11R7.5 (Released: 2009-10-26) Release Notes. Of note, this release added Multi-Pointer X (MPX), RandR 1.3, E-EDID support and DRI2.
- X11R7.4 (Released: 2008-09-23) Release Notes
- X11R7.3 (Released: 2007-09-06) Release Notes Of note, this release added RandR 1.2 and input hotplug support.
- X11R7.2 (Released: 2007-02-15) Of note, this release added autoconfiguration support, and enhanced support for GL-based compositing managers, such as Compiz and Beryl.
- X11R7.1 (Released: 2006-05-22) Release Notes
- X11R7.0 (Released: 2005-12-21)
For more complete information, including a release history, please see the historical releases page.