Stable branch maintainer: JeremyHuddleston
- End of feature merge window: 2010-06-01
- End of bugfix window: 2010-08-01
- Release of 1.9.0: 2010-08-20 See also the X.Org Calendar.
- dix devPrivates rework (changed by a memory-wise version)
- configuration: smart set up using xorg.conf.d (FIXME without output devices connected , ), start up of the server
- xinput: invisible cursor sprite not damaging screen anymore (performance improvements)
- code clean-up:
- MAXSCREENS (almost) removal
- allocation function wrapping removal
- bus PCI related
- replacement of all X allocation functions (*alloc) with their C89 counterparts (performance improvement)
- removal of bzero
- region implementation from mi to dix
- mandatory RENDER
- documentation: conversion of LinuxDoc documents to DocBook/XML
- deprecation: mibank support, Multibuffer extension (MBE).
- besides lot of bug fixing as usual (sw cursor on multiple screens) and big number of changes (339 commits since X server 1.8.0 - 9th Jun)
Proposing patches for 1.9.x
Server 1.9.0 has been released. Patches may be nominated for future 1.9.x releases using the process outlined below.
- Do not push to server-1.9-branch.
- Patches for 1.9 must be in master first. Please follow the guidelines outlined on the XServer page to get a patch into master. Exceptions are patches where the master code has changed in a way that git master is not affected by a particular bug.
- For single patches: Once a patch is in master, let the stable branch maintainer know that this patch is to be cherry-picked to 1.9. Reply to the original patch email, placing the branch maintainer in TO and CC-ing the list. Make sure that the subject line contains
- For multiple patches: Create a local branch and cherry-pick the patches required (Always use cherry-pick -x). Push this branch to your people.freedesktop.org repository and send a pull request to the stable branch maintainer, CC-ing the list. Make sure the subject line contains
- Only regressions over the previous stable will be accepted between the final rc and the release.