Xorg hosts two channels on the freenode IRC network: #xorg and #xorg-devel. #xorg is for general discussion and user support questions, and #xorg-devel is for development discussion. We ask that you respect a few rules and guidelines when using them.
- Don't ask to ask, just ask.
- Be patient. IRC is variable-latency, and you may not always get a response immediately.
- That said, please don't repaste the same question continuously just because three new people joined the channel.
- Be prepared to supply your configuration file (almost always
/etc/X11/xorg.conf) and log file (almost always
/var/log/Xorg.0.log) on a paste site so we can help you troubleshoot. Two such sites are pastebin and hastebin.
- Stay on topic. In particular, don't re-ask support questions in #xorg-devel just because no one answered in #xorg.
- Proprietary video driver support questions are off-topic. We didn't write them, we don't have the source, and we can't fix them. Use #ati or #nvidia as appropriate, even if those channels appear to be dead too.
- For end-user support on the open-source radeon driver there is #radeon . For the open-source intel driver, there is #intel-gfx .
- Have a look at the User FAQ before asking