Basic rules about triaging bugs for X.org:
Bugs that are NEW and assigned to xorg-team are awaiting triage.
ASSIGNED with owner set to xorg-team means that the bug is valid but not assigned to a specific developer yet
- ASSIGNED with owner changed to specific developer means that it's in that developer's queue
- Don't go closing bugs if they're assigned to someone else (including assigned to the team)
- Discuss a WONTFIX, NOTABUG, or NOTOURBUG with the developers first before closing any bug with these resolutions.
- General rules for the severity field:
- Blocker: server crashes, security problems, build problems with the default build, release issues.
- Critical: rendering errors, client-side crashes, (most) regressions.
- Use keywords intelligently:
want-backtrace on bugs that need a useful backtrace before they can be debugged
change want-backtrace to have-backtrace once you have one
regression for functionality regressions relative to previous releases
janitor for cleanup or style tasks a la kernel janitors