|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
| * 11.00: Eric Anholt : Intel userspace.
* 12.00: Daniel Stone and Peter Hutterer : Input in a modern world - input methods and multitouch.
* 13.00: Chris Wilson: Cairo: How to render tomorrow's user interfaces.
* 14.00: Daniel Vetter : dma_buf buffer sharing.
* 15.00: Martin Peres : Nouveau: Recap, on-going and future work.
* 16.00: Luc Verhaegen : Liberating ARM's Mali GPU.
* 17.00: Keith Packard : X Server 1.12 and beyond.
* 18.00: Francisco Jerez : Compute in the open graphics stack.
| * 11.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/intel_userspace|Eric Anholt : Intel userspace.]]
* 12.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/xorg_input|Daniel Stone and Peter Hutterer : Input in a modern world - input methods and multitouch.]]
* 13.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/xorg_cairo|Chris Wilson: Cairo: How to render tomorrow's user interfaces.]]
* 14.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/dma_buf|Daniel Vetter : dma_buf buffer sharing.]]
* 15.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/nouveau|Martin Peres : Nouveau: Recap, on-going and future work.]]
* 16.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/mali|Luc Verhaegen : Liberating ARM's Mali GPU.]]
* 17.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/xserver|Keith Packard : X Server 1.12 and beyond.]]
* 18.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/opencl|Francisco Jerez : Compute in the open graphics stack.]]
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
| * 9.00: Robert Bragg and Neil Roberts : Writing a Wayland Compositor.
* 10.00: Jesse Barnes : KMS plane support in Wayland.
* 11.00: Alon Levy: Xspice: Integrating spice-server into Xorg.
* 11.30: Robert Bradford and Kristian Hogsberg : Wayland Q & A for toolkit developers.
* 12.00: Kai-Uwe Behrmann : Colour Management in Compositors.
| * 9.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/wayland_compositor|Robert Bragg and Neil Roberts : Writing a Wayland Compositor.]]
* 10.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/kms_planes|Jesse Barnes : KMS plane support in Wayland.]]
* 11.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/xorg_xspice|Alon Levy: Xspice: Integrating spice-server into Xorg.]]
* 11.30: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/wayland_qa|Robert Bradford and Kristian Hogsberg : Wayland Q & A for toolkit developers.]]
* 12.00: [[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/cm_compositors|Kai-Uwe Behrmann : Colour Management in Compositors.]]
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
|For more information about the above talks, please consult the fosdem schedule.||[[http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/track/xorgopenicc_devroom|The full schedule is available here, including talk abstracts.]]|
X.Org DevRoom at FOSDEM2012
Time: 4th & 5th of February 2012.
Place: At FOSDEM 2012 in Brussels, Belgium.
X.Org will this year have its sixth X.Org DevRoom at FOSDEM. The goal of X.Org DevRoom at FOSDEM is to have X.Org/Mesa/Wayland and related projects' developers meet, discuss and hack and have a very clear presence at one of the most highly regarded Free and Open Source community events. So FOSDEM is the perfect place to get exposed to both other developers and the (advanced) user community.
X.Org at FOSDEM Schedule
Sunday, 4th of February 2012:
11.00 - 19.00: X.Org Devroom.
Sunday, 5th of February 2012:
A DevRoom is a project/topic specific room on FOSDEM, holding (this time) up to 85 people. It is public but doesn't tend to draw the crowds the main FOSDEM talks tend to get. In general, the FOSDEM public consists of developers and more advanced users and people interested in X.Org/Mesa/Wayland and the topic in the talk scheduled then will attend the DevRoom.
This year, due to the obvious close relationship with the openICC project, we are sharing the DevRoom with them. Depending on both projects needs, the time available might still change in future. This is their wiki page for their part of the event.
We will have the K.3.401 room in a new building, which offers seating for up to 85 persons.
The DevRoom is free and open to everyone, there is no registration required. If the devroom is dangerously full, like during the 2006 Xgl or the 2008 Gallium talk, you will just be denied access
DevRoom Talks Schedule
- (10.00: room setup, hopefully.)
13.00: OpenICC DevRoom.
14.00: OpenICC DevRoom.
15.00: OpenICC DevRoom.
16.00: OpenICC DevRoom.
libv will probably be getting a table at the excellent "Le Mirabelle" again. If some sponsor for this turns up, great, but otherwise we just pay for ourselves as we have done the last few years. Make sure you catch libv beforehand (friday, or saturday before noon), so he can order a suitably sized table.
Further FOSDEM information
For more information about the FOSDEM event, there's always the FOSDEM website. It includes city maps, information about transportation and a list of hotels.
If you would like a complete overview of FOSDEM, then maybe last years site will be of interest.
Registration and further information
Feel free to just mail libv at skynet dot be, or the x events mailinglist, or poke libv on irc in #xorg-devel on freenode.net.