The following modules were formally deprecated in the 7.0 release, and were not added to the modular tree:
- Display PostScript
- Speedo font module & fonts (disabled by default in 6.8 and 6.9)
- The wacom(4) input driver; the linuxwacom project provides a superior replacement.
- Xsun and XsunLynx DDXes.
The following subsystems are scheduled to be removed after the 7.0 release:
- All module loader backends besides the libdl backend.
- The "Keyboard" driver (deprecated in 6.8 in favor of "kbd" driver on platforms that support it)
- "kbd" doesn't work on 2.4-kernel sparcs, apparently because of some kernel keymap problems. And 2.6 kernels aren't working well on sparcs yet for other reasons.