The X.Org Foundation released 7.2.0 (aka X11R7.2) on February 15th, 2007.
This is no longer the current release. For information about the current release, please see Releases/latest.
- Autoconfiguration: The X server can now start without an xorg.conf file in most cases.
- GL compositing managers: A number of improvements were merged that better enable the use of GL-based compositing managers such as Compiz and Beryl.
- i965: Intel i965 chipsets (aka X3000) are supported in this release.
- : The XACE security framework has been merged, allowing the development of new, extensible, security models.
- XCB: XCB is part of the 7.2 release, including libX11 based on XCB for its transport.
- xdm: Among other improvements, xdm now supports PAM, for better authentication.
Due to bugs in the documentation toolchain, documentation for this release is not available online at the moment. The press release is available.