- X Resize and Rotate library
The RandR 1.2 extension first appeared in Xserver 1.3. It provides automatic discovery of modes (resolutions, refresh rates, ...) together with the ability to configure outputs dynamically (resize, rotate, move, ...)
IRC - irc.freenode.net #xorg, #xorg-devel
Mailing List (Like many other X.org packages)
In addition to the RandR X protocol, an official configuration utility (named
xrandr) is maintained in the freedesktop git repository.
- Protocol specification (Docbook output) <- point to symlink 'latest'
- Protocol specification
- RandR 1.2 overview from Debian
- X Configuration from Ubuntu
- Documentation from Intel on setting up dual head configuration with RandR 1.2
- XrandR 1.2 HowTo from ThinkWiki
- A Newbie's Guide from Phoronix
- A short how-to on writing an X.Org driver, updated to include RandR 1.2. Configuration: