Date is 2014-04-04, times are UTC+10.

--- Day changed Fri Apr 04 2014
06:58 < whot> good morning everyone
06:58 < whot> mupuf: now-ish
06:58 < mupuf> :)
06:58 <+egbert> hi gentlemen!
06:58 < mupuf> alanc, agd5f, keithp, stukreit: hi
06:59 < keithp> hey ho
07:00 -!- marcoz [] has joined #xf-bod
07:00 < marcoz> hey all
07:00 < stukreit> hi
07:01 < agd5f> hi
07:01 < mupuf> marcoz: right on time!
07:01 < marcoz> mupuf: It's that American punctuality.
07:01 < marcoz> lol
07:01 < marcoz> how u doing?
07:02 < mupuf> not bad :) you?
07:02 < marcoz> way too busy with work.
07:02 < mupuf> in southern france, we are always late
07:02 < marcoz> need a vacation
07:02 < marcoz> does that mean XDC will be delayed this year?
07:02 < marcoz> ;)
07:02 < mupuf> marcoz: by 15 minutes, yeah :)
07:03 < mupuf> I remember matthieu joking about that at XDC2010
07:03 < whot> stukreit: is alanc around?
07:03 < stukreit> he might be in a meeting. there's some internal conferencing going on this week
07:04 < whot> first item on the agenda: (Re-)welcome to the new (old) board members :)
07:04 < mupuf> didn't he warn about this?
07:04 < whot> did he? I must've forgotten then
07:05 < mupuf> [22:45:38] <alanc> oh, next meeting seems to be Apr 3 - I'll probably miss, as I have all day meetings that week
07:05 < whot> oh, right, thanks
07:05 < stukreit> I don't recall. I wasn't interested in this afternoon's talks. but after break, beer.
07:06 < whot> I don't have anything much on the agenda, sorry, this week was a bit busy. XDC and SPI updates would be good to hear, same for GSoC since the proposal deadline is now over
07:06 < whot> the only formality would be the confirmation of treasurer and secretary but I'd like alanc to be present for that
07:06 < mupuf> I can talk about XDC and GSoC
07:07 < whot> I think they're 1 year terms, but unless anyone else wants to I can continue as secretary
07:07 < keithp> whot: we would kiss your feet if you'd be secretary again
07:07 < mupuf> agreed
07:07 < agd5f> yeah
07:08 <+egbert> that's be great
07:08  * marcoz puckering up.
07:08 < whot> keithp: if possible I'd swap that offer for a beverage at the earliest convenience, I think that's healthier for both of us
07:08 < mupuf> you've been doing a wonderful job, so, by all means ;)
07:08 < keithp> whot: certainly leads to more french drunken revelry
07:09 < stukreit> whot: I'm committed to do the treasury for 5 years (from a few years ago). Hopefully with SPI will hand it over before expiry
07:09 < mupuf> keithp: don't scare him away, he heard drunken french stories he would rather forget ;)
07:10 < keithp> stukreit: we'll still need a primary contact for SPI financial transactions
07:10 < keithp> but, the requirements will be lessened
07:10 < stukreit> good. esp the filing crap that I don't fully understand.
07:11 < whot> stukreit: cool. in that case we should be good. everyone +1 for keeping the current positions (stuart: treasureser, whot: secretary)
07:11 <+egbert> +1
07:11 < keithp> +1
07:11 < stukreit> eh +1
07:11 < marcoz> +1
07:11 < mupuf> +1
07:11 < agd5f> +1
07:12 < whot> vote carried, thanks. that was easy
07:12 < whot> mupuf: your floor
07:12 < mupuf> ok, let's start with XDC
07:13 < mupuf> nothing much to report on. I have been contacted by the secretaries of my lab to help me organize the catering and stuff like that
07:13 < mupuf> I was busy until ... two days ago, so I'm planing on doing most of the work next week
07:13 < mupuf> that includes sending a call for paper
07:14 < mupuf> and I would also like to send an invitation to the teams of gnome, kde, enlightenment (others?) working on Wayland integration
07:15 < mupuf> I submitted the idea to krh and he also thinks this is a good idea
07:15 < mupuf> is everyone ok with that?
07:15 <+egbert> +1
07:15 < keithp> seems good to me
07:15 < stukreit> +1
07:16 < marcoz> +1
07:16 < whot> +1
07:16 < mupuf> the reason I want that to happen is because these 3 DE have a functional experimental support and having them in the same room with krh and other wayland devs could be a good idea to iron out some issues in a collaborative way
07:17 < mupuf> I'll say to contact us if they need help with their travel expenses
07:18 < mupuf> any question about XDC?
07:18 < mupuf> advice, feedback, whatever?
07:18 < agd5f> +1
07:18 <+egbert> mupuf: i believe you are doing everything just fine :)
07:18 < whot> mupuf: have you had the chance to talk to any hotels yet?
07:19 < mupuf> whot: not yet, that's my plan for tomorrow
07:19 < whot> cool, thanks
07:19 < stukreit> do you need a deposit on the meeting space?
07:19 < mupuf> no, the rooms are provided for free
07:20 < mupuf> well, the amphitheater + an extra room for food, refreshments and informal discussions
07:20 < mupuf> as for having beers in the room, not sure it will be acceptable. Wine definitely is though
07:20 <+egbert> hehe :)
07:20 < whot> hehe
07:20 < mupuf> (wine isn't alcohol, right?)
07:21 < stukreit> well, if we have to be French for a few days..
07:21 <+egbert> not in France ;p
07:21 < keithp> only in bordeaux
07:22 < mupuf> so, let's move on to GSoC
07:22 < mupuf> we have 9 proposals
07:22 < mupuf> 2 of them are duplicates by different students
07:23 < mupuf> IIRC, we'll have to tell google how many slots we want in 4 days
07:23 < mupuf> I haven't taken the time to carefully review the proposals myself
07:23 < mupuf> and I think I'll need to send a mail to all our potential mentors for them to rank the proposals
07:24 < mupuf> only 2 proposals do not have possible mentors
07:27 < whot> how does the slot selection work? we tell google e.g. 6 and then google says "ok, you can have 4"?
07:27 < mupuf> would you like to know anything else?
07:27 < mupuf> whot: we give a minimum and maximum
07:27 < mupuf> and they take that into account
07:27 < mupuf> and give us what they can
07:27 < whot> ok, thanks
07:28 < mupuf> agd5f: last year, how did you decide what to put in it?
07:30 < agd5f> IIRC, last year all the proposals were pretty good so we put all for the max and the top ones for the min.
07:30 < agd5f> and I think we got the max
07:31 < mupuf> agd5f: how did you define the "top" ones?
07:31 < mupuf> by score?
07:31 < agd5f> mupuf, yup
07:31 <+egbert> does google already want a list or just the two numbers?
07:32 < agd5f> just the two numbers
07:32 <+egbert> ok, thanks
07:32 < agd5f> basically the min are the ones that are great and the max also includes the decent ones
07:33 < agd5f> but aren't necessarily as strong as the great ones
07:34 < mupuf> stage.v();
07:34 < whot> ok. so I guess mupuf if you send out the email to the mentors for ranking we should get a clearer picture here
07:35 <+egbert> what about the ones we don't have mentors for yet? if we get enough slots to cover those we'd still have to find mentors i guess?
07:35 < mupuf> indeed
07:35 < agd5f> yeah
07:35 < agd5f> I think you need to have the mentors in place before the end of the rating period or you can't add them later
07:36 < agd5f> so that orgs don't get slots with no mentors
07:36 < whot> yeah, and tbh if we haven't found mentors yet then maybe they're not as engaged as they should be :)
07:36 <+egbert> ok, so this needs to find mentors within the next 4 days?
07:36 < agd5f> yup
07:36 <+egbert> ok
07:39 < mupuf> anyway, I unlocked the stage mutex above
07:39 < mupuf> whot: anything left on the agenda?
07:39 < whot> I don't have anything. anyone else?
07:39 <+egbert> if not i'd have a couple of questions ...
07:40 < whot> egbert: shoot
07:40 <+egbert> ok
07:40 <+egbert> i haven't been on the board for a while so -
07:40 <+egbert> first: the bod ml - does this still exist?
07:41 <+egbert> i would guess so. not sure how much it is used though
07:41 <+egbert> is there anyone here who can add me?
07:42 < whot> agd5f, keithp: ^^ you guys have admin my notes say
07:43 <+egbert> then, there are a couple of more things which could probably be answered by some 'oldtimers' so we can do this after the meeting.
07:43 <+egbert> we can do this here on the channel but not everybody has to stay around.
07:44 < whot> ok, let's do that. Anyone else have any items for the agenda?
07:44 <+egbert> 1. there once was hosting at mit - and we had some machines there. from sun and hp. what happened to those?
07:44 <+egbert> do we still have hosting at mit at all?
07:45 < stukreit> egbert: we never racked them up. that was early 2000's. I couldn't get a local volunteer to help out.
07:45 <+egbert> 2. what happened to xorg's vesa membership? did this get cancelled?
07:45 <+egbert> early 2000. well. it was around 2006
07:46 <+egbert> i believe they were racked. at the time just noone was there to run opensolaris on them.
07:47 <+egbert> but what happend to the hp machine at mit? is this still there? do we still pay for hosting at mit?
07:47 < stukreit> In any case, long gone. I paid a bill or 2 on it, but nothing in a long time, and they haven't tried to contact us.
07:48 <+egbert> hrm
07:48 < stukreit> I haven't sent money to mit in many years. Keith had forwarded 1 or 2 bills to me, but afaict they dropped us.
07:49 <+egbert> what happened to the hardware there?
07:49 < whot> not trying to interrupt here but while you guys sort this out: let's declare the official meeting over, thanks everyone for attending, see you guys in two weeks time.