[22:50:56] [connected at Thu Feb 18 22:50:56 2016]
[22:51:07] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[22:51:32] <danvet> keithp, I mailed leon
[22:54:48] <danvet> keithp, btw how do you check that?
[23:00:44] <agd5f> howdy
[23:00:49] <danvet> hi
[23:01:01] <danvet> keithp, a misunderstood and didn't realize you said fd.o
[23:01:03] <egbert> hi!
[23:01:18] <danvet> pretty big agenda today
[23:01:24] <danvet> Agenda: logo request, x.org woes, gsoc, voting, outreachy, evoc payement
[23:02:05] <danvet> whot, mupuf, robclark, marcoz ...
[23:02:10] <robclark> o/
[23:02:14] <danvet> \o
[23:02:24] <whot> just arrived
[23:04:58] <danvet> mupuf, marcoz ?
[23:05:17] <danvet> I guess we'll get started meanwhile
[23:05:21] <danvet> anything else for the agenda?
[23:06:04] <danvet> first one should be quick, the logo request I forward
[23:06:17] <danvet> egbert looked at it in detail and votes we'll ask not to use it
[23:06:27] <whot> +1
[23:06:36] <danvet> agd5f also +1 on the m-l already
[23:06:37] <egbert> it is clear as glass that this has been derieved from our logo.
[23:06:38] * danvet +1 too
[23:06:41] <danvet> yeah
[23:06:47] <egbert> +1
[23:06:54] <danvet> one more and it carries and I'll type the mail
[23:07:20] <robclark> seems fair..  if we need help w/ legal reasons about copyright defense, spi might be able to help.. either way +1
[23:07:29] <danvet> cool, thx
[23:07:34] <danvet> I'll type a reply later
[23:07:41] <robclark> (ianal but as far as I understand if you don't defend your trademark/copyright you loose it..)
[23:07:45] <danvet> next up, x.org woes ...
[23:07:52] <danvet> robclark, same understanding here
[23:08:15] <danvet> daniels sent a detailed update to board@xorg-foundation.org
[23:08:33] <danvet> which serves as the backup domain until hopefully soon x.org is back up&running
[23:08:40] <danvet> I sent a mail to leon asking him to help us out again
[23:08:49] <agd5f> +1
[23:08:54] <danvet> he just replied half an hour ago, promised to look into it asap
[23:09:01] <egbert> would someone in the us be willing to give him a call?
[23:09:03] <danvet> he's travelling, so might take a while
[23:09:09] <egbert> ok
[23:09:11] <danvet> egbert, I'm way ahead already ;-)
[23:09:39] <danvet> I'll be on vacation next week, but should be able to handle everything with daniels&leon short-term
[23:10:20] <danvet> but the real thing is why we haven't fixed this properly yet, so keithp: updates from netsol&slfc?
[23:11:13] <egbert> are we going to tell mit to unrack the machine and throw it away?
[23:11:36] <danvet> I don't even know where that machine is ...
[23:11:45] <danvet> but yeah, forgot ... expo.x.org died
[23:11:58] <danvet> server transition just in the nick of time
[23:12:33] <egbert> i'm not sure if anyone will ever notice that there is a dead machine in the rack...
[23:12:35] <danvet> keithp, slfc updates?
[23:12:49] <danvet> egbert, it might still hum ;-)
[23:13:44] <egbert> danvet: depends how it died. we don't know what happened, do we?
[23:13:55] <danvet> dropped off the net afawk
[23:14:05] <robclark> heh, we might want to reclaim it for the xorg museum ;-)
[23:14:10] <danvet> haha
[23:14:26] <danvet> egbert, probably this week since the ns soa was super short still iirc due to server transitions
[23:15:09] <danvet> mupuf, hi
[23:15:38] <mupuf-jolla> sorry guys!
[23:15:46] <danvet> ok, if keithp doesn't have sflc updates (tsk) then there's not really more about x.org I guess
[23:15:50] <danvet> or more comments/questions?
[23:16:08] <whot> board@xorg-foundation should work? has anyone sent to it?
[23:16:15] <mupuf-jolla> i sent a comment on about it
[23:16:28] <mupuf-jolla> not surei should have done it!
[23:16:43] <danvet> whot, should
[23:18:03] <whot> ok, I've resent my election system guidelines, lets see if that gets through
[23:18:19] <robclark> whot, your resend got thru..
[23:18:24] <danvet> whot, I ahve it
[23:18:43] <whot> weird, I didn't get it
[23:19:25] <egbert> i don't think i've got it either.
[23:19:48] <danvet> I'll put fallback addresses for everything into mtg minutes too
[23:20:03] <egbert> thx
[23:20:40] <danvet> whot, thx a lot for digging into our election code!
[23:20:48] <danvet> whot, anything else about elections we need to care about?
[23:21:06] <whot> I haven't set up the election reminder bit yet
[23:21:08] <danvet> nomination period starts next week on 22th Feb
[23:21:21] <danvet> we have some more time for that ...
[23:21:22] <whot> and the wiki is down right now with the election dates, etc.
[23:21:28] <danvet> http://www.xorg-foundation.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Elections/2016/
[23:21:32] <danvet> nope, it's all here ;-)
[23:21:33] <mupuf> that sucks...
[23:21:48] <mupuf> danvet: we need to advertise the address then...
[23:21:48] <danvet> so I think we should all still be ok to move forward, technically
[23:22:04] <whot> ok, the problem is getting to that link if you don't have it. xorg-foundation.org redirects to mailman
[23:22:05] <danvet> mupuf, yeah, mails to members@ need new addresses for everything ofc
[23:22:16] <danvet> whot, www.xorg-foundation.org
[23:22:36] <mupuf> sounds good
[23:22:36] <whot> huh. who puts www in front of things these days? :)
[23:22:48] <danvet> ad-hoc mail setup
[23:22:52] <whot> should ping daniels for that too
[23:22:53] <danvet> blame daniels ;-)
[23:23:07] <danvet> whot, can you do that?
[23:23:43] <danvet> signed up ;-)
[23:24:23] <danvet> whot, nomination period ends at 15th March
[23:24:29] <danvet> so I think we should be all good
[23:24:55] <danvet> or does anyone want to delay?
[23:25:12] <danvet> we could just extend the nomination period if x.org isn't up within a few days ...
[23:25:43] <whot> yeah, I'd say we need to delay unless we can have x.org up by the nomination date
[23:25:55] <whot> because we have to notify people about the new domain, etc.
[23:26:44] <danvet> whot, so you'd send out the nomation mail on 22th if x.org is up by then, and wait until next bod mtg if not?
[23:27:33] <whot> yeah
[23:27:47] <danvet> I guess normally I should send out that mail, but it's a bit hard while snowboarding in the Alps ;-)
[23:27:48] <danvet> thx
[23:27:51] <whot> well, we don't need to wait for another meeting, if x.org comes up before we can start the nom period
[23:28:02] <danvet> sure, sounds good
[23:28:07] <whot> otherwise we'll have to send a few emails to notify members of xorg-foundation.org
[23:28:51] * robclark would rather be snowboarding in alps ;-)
[23:28:54] <whot> btw, has anyone twittered/G+ on why xorg is down?
[23:29:05] <danvet> whot, not why, but where the fallback is
[23:29:10] <danvet> alanc retweeted
[23:29:35] <whot> *why* would be useful, people making up interesting explanations. much more creative than "the box physically died"
[23:29:40] <alanc> currently on top of https://twitter.com/XOrgFoundation
[23:29:59] <alanc> you mean before phoronix posts it's because the incompetent board finally lost the domain?
[23:30:14] <alanc> who needs facts when all you want is ad views?
[23:30:15] <egbert> i hope it is physically dead and not something else happened to it.
[23:30:18] <whot> I'm pretty sure that artcile would've gone out already
[23:30:22] <danvet> alanc, can you maybe tweet that pls?
[23:30:37] <robclark> alanc, phoronix already has a post..
[23:30:38] <danvet> whot, that article is out already
[23:30:54] <mupuf> danvet: will make a google+ one too
[23:30:55] <egbert> don't worry about phoronix. i told michael what happened.
[23:30:59] <danvet> "The X.Org project has its latest server embarrassment."
[23:31:03] <danvet> he's good at bashing us
[23:31:06] <danvet> mupuf, thx
[23:31:16] <alanc> okay
[23:31:21] <egbert> i was probably too late.
[23:32:07] <whot> egbert: you're assuming he cares about facts
[23:32:14] <danvet> whot, I think we've covered elections, right?
[23:32:20] <whot> I think so
[23:32:28] <danvet> cool, thx again for your work
[23:32:32] <danvet> next up gsoc
[23:33:00] <danvet> I've heard mupuf & agd5f are making everything happen already nicely
[23:33:12] <danvet> updates? next up? do we need to collect ideas already?
[23:34:00] <danvet> stukreit, meanwhile: any updates about evoc payements to julia?
[23:34:16] <mupuf> danvet: =yes
[23:34:19] <mupuf> we need ideas
[23:34:25] <alanc> https://twitter.com/XOrgFoundation/status/700448019418714114
[23:34:27] <mupuf> I asked agd5f to send an email
[23:34:40] <alanc> danvet: stukreit left on vacation last night, back in a week
[23:34:52] <alanc> (unless he's logged in while on vacation)
[23:35:11] <danvet> alanc, ah ok, thx
[23:36:02] <danvet> mupuf, do you have the correct link to the ideas page for the minutes?
[23:36:12] <danvet> mupuf, also, sent out a mail to usual lists already?
[23:36:39] <robclark> http://www.xorg-foundation.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas/
[23:37:02] <robclark> I guess we need to make a 2016 section..  some of the freedreno ideas carry forward.. probably same for nouveau..
[23:37:22] <danvet> yeah
[23:37:29] <danvet> mupuf, can you pls take care of that?
[23:37:48] * robclark intended to update freedreno earlier in the week but still hasn't gotten to it..
[23:38:26] <mupuf> danvet: can agd5f do it?
[23:38:32] <mupuf> I am a little swamped right now :s
[23:38:33] <danvet> agd5f, ^^ ?
[23:38:39] <danvet> mupuf, cheap excuse ;-)
[23:38:49] <mupuf> danvet: ah ah, I know :D
[23:39:09] <agd5f> I can update if you send me new content
[23:39:51] <mupuf> agd5f: I meant the email to the members to ask them to put ideas
[23:40:11] <mupuf> adding a 2016 sectrion, I can do now :)
[23:40:29] <agd5f> mupuf: already sent
[23:40:53] <agd5f> this morning
[23:42:02] <mupuf> agd5f: cool!
[23:42:34] <danvet> agd5f, well you need to resend probably ;-)
[23:42:58] <danvet> agd5f, and can you pls also cc devel mailing lists, like dri-devel, xorg-devel, wayland and all these?
[23:43:17] <mupuf> agd5f: where did you send it?
[23:43:21] <agd5f> danvet, I did.  did it not go through?
[23:43:21] <danvet> not everyone is a member ...
[23:43:29] * robclark saw agd5f's email..
[23:43:35] <robclark> xorg/mesa/wayland lists..
[23:43:36] <danvet> agd5f, didn't see it on dri-devel at least
[23:43:41] <robclark> (but not dri-devel)
[23:43:53] <danvet> ah, I read mesa/wayland with delay
[23:43:57] <danvet> agd5f, maybe add dri too?
[23:44:00] <agd5f> yeah, missed dri-devel
[23:44:18] <danvet> thx
[23:44:27] <danvet> mupuf, agd5f that's all for gsoc?
[23:44:52] <mupuf> danvet: yep
[23:45:04] <mupuf> I will link to it on google+ too
[23:45:12] <danvet> cool, thx for all that work to keep this running smoothly
[23:45:20] <danvet> alanc, can you tweet gsoc too pls?
[23:45:38] <danvet> next up is just outreachy
[23:46:07] <danvet> I think we had a good discussion on board@ about, summary is imo "it's complicated, maybe next year again when we figure a few things out"
[23:46:16] <danvet> sounds good, or comments?
[23:46:33] <danvet> whot&I tried to chat with sarah some more, but she's at a conference somewhere offline
[23:47:27] <danvet> whot, egbert, agd5f, robclark ?
[23:48:13] <robclark> seems like we could more or less use the same ideas page, and criteria, for outreachy?  In which case I'm all for it..  although I thought we missed the deadline already?
[23:48:17] <whot> I agree, I don't think we should do this, not with the SPI bit coming up and not until we fixed the other issues
[23:48:34] <danvet> robclark, imo the challenges is that to make outreachy really useful
[23:48:46] <danvet> we need to figure out how to get people completely new to open source up&going
[23:48:53] <danvet> and we just don't know how to do that ...
[23:49:04] <egbert> well, as i said on board@ i prefer the more flexible terms we have for evoc. so i'd much rather see our outreach to underrepresented groups be part of that.
[23:49:23] <robclark> I guess if the target audience is 'more completely new to it' than gsoc, that would be a problem we are not ready for yet
[23:50:08] <egbert> i'm not sure if 'completely new to it' is the goal of outreachy.
[23:50:13] <robclark> the biggest problem w/ evoc is we aren't really equipped for payment logistics..
[23:50:15] <agd5f> danvet, I think just need to basically tell her the same thing we discussed in the thread.  Basically that we are not set up the to basic programmer enablement
[23:50:15] <danvet> well right now we pretty much require someone to just figure out how to contribute a simple patch as a gsoc/evoc requirement
[23:50:27] <danvet> agd5f, yeah
[23:50:40] <danvet> whot, I guess we could try to chat with sarah once I'm back?
[23:51:32] <whot> yeah, works for me
[23:51:52] <mupuf> +1
[23:51:54] <danvet> cool, will take that as the action then
[23:52:05] <egbert> ok +1
[23:52:14] <robclark> +1
[23:52:14] <agd5f> +1
[23:52:42] <danvet> so 8 minutes short, with a massive agenda
[23:52:44] <danvet> thx to everyone
[23:52:50] <danvet> do we have any last minute topics
[23:52:55] <egbert> yup, good night.
[23:53:09] <whot> no topics here
[23:54:02] <robclark> nope
[23:54:52] <danvet> I guess that's it then, I'll tell my secretary to send out the notes
[23:54:54] <danvet> goodnight

[23:54:59] [disconnected at Thu Feb 18 23:54:59 2016]