[14:01:04] [connected at Thu Jan 20 14:01:04 2022]
[14:01:04] [I have joined #xf-bod]
[14:01:37] <Lyude> there we go :). Time for role call, keithp anholt hwentlan___ danvet mdnavare mfilion samuelig 
[14:01:41] <samuelig> hi!
[14:01:46] * danvet waves
[14:02:02] <hwentlan___> hi
[14:02:06] <danvet> Lyude, oh agenda addition if you don't have it already: election season and I guess treasurer report 21 or so
[14:02:16] <Lyude> danvet: sure thing, will add both on
[14:03:02] <Lyude> So agenda for today: X.org/freedesktop.org domain status, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, MIPI Alliance and CSI, election season, treasurer report for 2021
[14:03:25] <Lyude> On my side: MIPI alliance and CSI: No updates yet, will ry to poke partners again
[14:03:46] <Lyude> GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC: No updates from our end, but the program has become more flexible with longer-term projects from what I understand - so we should consider trying to get someone involved to admin the program again, maybe if someone from the board is willing?
[14:04:26] <mfilion> o/
[14:04:42] <Lyude> tbh - I think having someone on the board helping to run the program might just be a good idea in general, would make it easier to make sure we have someone to handle this each year
[14:05:47] <danvet> yeah, we've just run a bit low on volunteers for internship programs recently :-(
[14:06:10] <samuelig> it is probably worth asking after the election
[14:06:24] <Lyude> Good point
[14:06:48] <anholt25> I think it would be reasonable to ask for a board member to manage those as a sort of unofficial officer.
[14:07:05] <danvet> well we can even create new official officers
[14:07:10] <anholt25> but let's do that post-election
[14:07:10] <Lyude> yeah I was going to say
[14:07:14] <keithp>  o/ (was making tea, sorry!)
[14:07:20] <danvet> it's just that bylaws say that secretary+treasurer need to exist
[14:07:33] <mfilion> +1 on creating new officers, that could work too
[14:07:54] <Lyude> mhm, we can look at this post election I suppose. I like the sound of this plan :)
[14:08:14] <Lyude> I think that's basically all that's from my side. danvet, any updates with X.org/freedesktop.org domain status?
[14:08:26] <danvet> nope, not yet poked more
[14:09:08] <Lyude> anholt25: do we still have anything regarding XDC2021 invoices to go over? or can I remove that from the agenda
[14:09:15] <anholt25> please remove from agenda
[14:09:18] <Lyude> sure thing
[14:09:36] <anholt25> current treasurer status is that the year-late report should have gone out, waiting on next report for spi to catch up on 6 months of their reports.
[14:10:13] <Lyude> cool - did we already vote on it btw anholt25?
[14:10:14] <anholt25> and, for the record: I am quite dissatisfied with SPI.
[14:10:30] <anholt25> we voted on it, and it should have gone out.
[14:10:51] <Lyude> ah whoops, I see - misunderstood your original message
[14:11:09] <danvet> anholt25, so still not any more responsive than 1-2 years ago?
[14:11:14] <anholt25> not at all
[14:11:26] <mfilion> so what are we waiting for to move away from SPI?
[14:11:41] <danvet> yeah I wonder whether we need to reevaluate all that
[14:11:43] <Lyude> yeah - SPI hasn't been great at getting back to us with stuff, I was going to say I'm fine with us discussing alternatives
[14:11:46] <danvet> it's pain and lots of work
[14:11:57] <danvet> but it's also not improving
[14:12:03] <danvet> *pain to move I mean
[14:12:29] <Lyude> yeah - what would the alternatives for us to join be
[14:12:30] <anholt25> we're on track for 3 years of being unable to meet our bylaws requirements because they can't track the money on time.
[14:13:04] <danvet> well I think it's across the board that we need to do lots of poking to move anything
[14:13:23] <danvet> e.g. the board@-private thing that started in Dec, I had to kick that can last week to move
[14:13:32] <danvet> despite that others also already poked spi
[14:13:41] <danvet> (don't mention the name of that thing)
[14:13:50] * anholt25 afk a minute
[14:13:58] <samuelig> yeah, that's not perfect
[14:14:10] <danvet> maybe a conversation we can/need to prep for xdc?
[14:14:17] <samuelig> Don't do the change of umbrella org require member vote?
[14:14:26] <danvet> like looking into options a bit and maybe chatting with some folks
[14:14:36] <danvet> samuelig, yes
[14:14:40] <danvet> but that's probably the least thing
[14:14:43] <keithp> sfc would be the alternative
[14:14:46] <danvet> yeah
[14:14:53] <Lyude> sfc seems cool
[14:15:02] <danvet> I also wonder whether gnome foundation is interested in offering fiscal sponsoring for related stuff
[14:15:05] <keithp> slightly higher cost, but actually paid staff, so they get stuff done
[14:15:08] <danvet> they also seem well-run
[14:15:17] <samuelig> ok, just to know if this is something we can do this year, or not. It seems we need to do lots of talks and discussions and the program the vote with next election?
[14:15:17] <danvet> but yeah was also thinking sfc
[14:15:23] <mfilion> no issues with sfc, know them well, sponsored them a few times
[14:15:25] <samuelig> then*
[14:15:37] <danvet> samuelig, ah yeah I don't think we can get this through this election
[14:15:44] <keithp> uh, no
[14:16:40] <danvet> keithp, was that "no" towards voting on umbrella org change this year?
[14:16:49] <keithp> yes
[14:17:13] <keithp> or, rather, I think we'd need to run that through an election, and there doesn't seem to be enough time to figure it all out
[14:17:44] <mfilion> could we have a special vote on that during xdc, or would we need to wait until next year's board election?
[14:18:04] <danvet> keithp, yeah it needs a bylaw changes that's for sure
[14:18:34] <danvet> we could do a vote through the year, bug given how much work it is to run a vote I'm not a fan
[14:18:43] <danvet> *but
[14:19:05] <danvet> plus we need 2/3rd majority
[14:19:21] <danvet> and combining it with board elections helps with getting there
[14:19:26] <Lyude> yeah I'm fine waiting for the next election, it's not ideal right now but we should be able to survive fine until it's time to change away from SPI
[14:19:28] <danvet> I think at least
[14:19:58] <danvet> is someone volunteer to start some board<->board chats with possible orgs?
[14:20:30] <danvet> I'd like to get the domain stuff sorted first and then I guess kick off sponsoring search, so would take me some time to get around to that
[14:21:15] <anholt25> (back)
[14:21:29] <danvet> but I think we'd need a name to kick this can and I'm stupid if there's no one else :-)
[14:21:36] <mfilion> what are your thoughts on all this anholt25?
[14:22:32] <Lyude> I think I should be able to get the discussions going
[14:22:56] <Lyude> (and can let y'all know if I run out of time to actually do it, I -think- I should be OK w/ that though)
[14:23:18] <anholt25> huge fan of moving sponsor orgs.  I have lots of warm fuzzies for sfc, and I feel like "is responsive" is way more important than the overhead percent, but we should definitely search a bit more too.  I don't have time to do this work, though -- I'm going to be trying to just stay on top of treasurer, and other I'm full up on being more or less
[14:23:18] <anholt25> an employee while also trying to rebuild a house.
[14:23:42] <Lyude> Anyone else other then SFC that we should be looking at as well that you can think of?
[14:23:51] <anholt25> *other than that
[14:23:52] <danvet> yeah I think maybe we should build a shopping list of what we want fixed
[14:24:24] <mfilion> Are there really other options?
[14:25:03] <Lyude> danvet: do we want to do that over email?
[14:25:17] <danvet> yeah probably simplest
[14:25:47] <mfilion> by options I mean, is there really anyone else other than SFC?
[14:25:50] <danvet> just a list of the things we need (like the khr contracts, how much sponsor money we move and maybe how much invoicing/reimbursement or so)
[14:26:25] <mfilion> we should just open a conversation with SFC and bring up our requirements, and see what they say, and if we're not satisfied, look for other orgs
[14:26:32] <danvet> +1
[14:26:46] <Lyude> +1 from me
[14:26:52] <samuelig> +1
[14:26:57] <hwentlan___> +1
[14:27:17] <Lyude> although I should note - I've got 'hopeful' responses from previous conversations, so, we should definitely try to make sure whatever resolutions happen are actually realistically happening
[14:28:02] <danvet> resolutions?
[14:28:03] <Lyude> Alright - samuelig, anything on XDC2022?
[14:28:04] * danvet confused
[14:28:14] <samuelig> Lyude, nope, no news.
[14:28:25] <Lyude> danvet: was the convo with SPI to try to discuss our issues? or is it just talking about us leaving in general
[14:28:31] <Lyude> the former was what I meant by resolutions
[14:28:40] <samuelig> Just as a reminder, I would like to leave my XDC responsibilities (and CFP too) to other, due to some personal changes
[14:28:47] <samuelig> (becoming a father again!)
[14:28:54] <Lyude> ah right - thank you for reminding me :)
[14:29:04] <danvet> samuelig, congrats
[14:29:04] * Lyude will add this to the agenda as well
[14:29:06] <mfilion> woo congrats samuelig :)
[14:29:20] <samuelig> thanks! :-D
[14:29:27] <anholt25> congrats!
[14:29:32] <Lyude> also yeah congrats!
[14:29:49] <samuelig> thank you so much :)
[14:30:02] <samuelig> my plan is to send an email once we settle the board after the elections
[14:30:10] <samuelig> asking for volunteer(s) to run the XDC show
[14:30:16] <hwentlan___> congrats :)
[14:30:35] <Lyude> Next agenda item btw - election season, so do we have anyone who could volunteer regarding running things?
[14:31:26] <danvet> so terms for anholt25 mfilion keithp and hwentlan___ are expiring, so if they all re-run everyone else would be election committee
[14:31:44] <danvet> meaning samuelig mdnavare Lyude & me
[14:31:45] <mfilion> Lyude just one last commet about SPI, I wouldn't waste any more time discussing issues with them, let's just begin the process of moving on.
[14:31:47] <Lyude> Looks like people who can volunteer are samuelig, mdnavare, me, danvet, and-ah ok
[14:32:02] <Lyude> mfilion: yeah… probably a good idea
[14:32:11] <danvet> mfilion, yeah same
[14:32:35] <samuelig> well, we need to keep contact with spi for the bare minimum of running our business, but yeah, other than that, just stop
[14:32:41] <keithp> would be nice if SPI could fix their processes, but as an all-volunteer org, it's super hard to see how they'd manage that
[14:32:56] <mfilion> yes of course samuelig, I just meant trying to fix things
[14:33:05] <keithp> we need to get accounting info for reporting according to our bylaws
[14:34:15] <Lyude> anwyay danvet I'm fine with volunteering to help run election stuff. it usually doesn't tend to be much work iirc?
[14:34:45] <danvet> Lyude, it's supposed to be all documented and just a bit of clicking
[14:35:00] <Lyude> sounds rough, but I think I can handle it :)
[14:35:05] <Lyude> :P
[14:35:19] <danvet> thx a lot!
[14:35:21] <hwentlan___> requires a bit of candidate hunting, usually
[14:35:33] <danvet> yeah I can help with that
[14:36:13] <Lyude> anyway - the last thing up is the 2021 treasurer report, do we still have anything to go over with that?
[14:36:44] <danvet> Lyude, it's the 2020 that we approved and anholt25 sent out, the 2021 is stuck on spi delivering
[14:36:48] <anholt25> nope, already covered
[14:37:27] <Lyude> cool - I think that's basically everything for this meeting then :)
[14:37:39] <samuelig> thank you!
[14:37:42] <Lyude> thanks for coming everyone!
[14:37:56] <anholt25> see you later!
[14:38:02] <mfilion> Great meeting, thank you all
[14:40:16] <hwentlan___> thanks and see you later

[15:10:03] [disconnected at Thu Jan 20 15:10:03 2022]