Summary of the 05 May 2013 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors

Full IRC meeting logs are posted at BoardOfDirectors/IrcLogs/2013/05-02.



     * Alan Coopersmith, Martin Peres, Peter Hutterer, Stuart Kreitmann, Matt Dew, Matthias Hopf, Alex Deucher 


     * Keith Packard 


The XDC venue did not yet get confirmed. Pending a venue change, we opted to move the dates forward by 2 days to allow for an easier double-visit of the Linux Plumbers conference (Sep 18-20). New proposed dates are Sep 20-23.

GSoC deadlines coming up fast. If you want to mentor, sign up now! If you want to file a proposal, submit it now!

Items discussed

ITEM: Updates from XDC
PSU venue is not yet confirmed, Bart will likely search for a new venue. 
Request for date change to move closer to Plumbers for people to have a
double-visit. Vote carried, moving to Sep 20-23 (Mon-Wed instead of previous 
ACTION: Peter H to contact Bart/Keithp
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: GSoC applications due May 6
Student proposal deadline tomorrow, slot request (i.e. min/max proposals we
expect) deadline is May 6. Mentors need to sign up ASAP, we currently have 4
ACTION: None required by the board
STATUS: Complete

ITEM: 501c3 re-application
Financial data for the last 3 years needs to be updated, Form 1023 needs to 
be reviewed.
ACTION: Stuart K to compile the data and send it to the lawyer
STATUS: Pending