Summary of the 16 September 2015 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at 2015



  • Peter Hutterer, Martin Peres, Alex Deucher, Daniel Vetter, Matt Dew, Egbert Eich, Keith Packard


  • Rob Clark


Note that this was a face-to-face meeting at the XDC 2015. No IRC logs are available.

Travel sponsorship needs clarification for what to do when things go wrong (e.g. visa).

EVoC will be tightened to existing contributors only, we are too bad at handling completely new contributors.

Bylaw changes are ready for the last round of acks.

Items discussed

ITEM: Travel sponsorship 
We need a wiki page for rules regarding travel and travel sponsorship - what
happens when a visa gets cancelled, and a list of things to look out for for
organizers. A policy regarding visa letters needs to be in place by
conference organizers.  The board/foundation is not able to write invitation
letters for visa purposes (especially outside of the US).
ACTIONS: Egbert E. and Martin P. to write the wiki page
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: EVoC future
We can't handle completely new contributors, we don't have the capabilities
to handle it. And we don't have the funds to burn on projects that fail when
the contributor can't get up to speed as expected.

New requirement for EVoC project is that the the student is already
involved with the project and known to the community so that the majority of
project time is spent on the actual project, not on figuring out build
systems, contributions rules, etc.
ACTIONS: Matt D to update EVoC wiki page
STATUS: Pending

Still in the same state, waiting for sendmail configuration to be sorted.
Configuration is largely there, the pieces just need to be connected.
ACTIONS: Keith P to finish configuration
STATUS: Pending

Board mailing list still hosted on expo, needs to be moved to
ACTIONS: Rob C to move board list
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Bylaws changes for SPI merger
Bylaws changes for the SPI merger are ready, last round of sign-off from the
BoD to go around. Alex D to contact the SFLC for comments. By-laws to be
voted on at the next BoD election.
ACTIONS: Alex D to get SFLC comments
STATUS: Pending