Summary of the 07 January 2016 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Rob Clark, Alex Deucher, Egbert Eich, Daniel Vetter, Martin Peres, Matt Dew, Keith Packard, Peter Hutterer,



Agenda: evoc payement, bylaws/spi, voting, domain, server

No news on server migration. domain expires 19th Jan, Board efforts going on since 6 months still fruitless in extending. Plan B ramping up.

Voting progressing well in the membership renewal phase. Next steps only after 25th (end of renewal phase).

Items discussed

ITEM: server migration
Still nothing happened.
ACTIONS: Rob to get going
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain ownership struggles expires on the 19th Jan. The board tried to handle this since over half a
year (in private, for a few reasons). Lots of phonecalls but no real progress.
We need a legal trail from the LLC to the current org. Keith contacted SLFC for
ACTIONS: Keith to attempt a Hail Mary
ACTIONS: Peter to update board on plan B to board@
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: evoc payement
Still impossible to send money to Julia. Could try to send the money in splits
of 500$, confirming each time around. Horrendous fees would result.
ACTIONS: Stuart to transfer in splits if Julia is ok with taking the fees.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: spi/voting
Membership renewal seems to progress well, 51 renewed thus far. Somewhat unclear
whether to proceed with voting first or ask for an official invite first. Next
steps after 25th (end of renewal phase).
ACTIONS: Martin to send an informal inquiry to SPI.
STATUS: Pending