Summary of the 18 February 2016 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Peter Hutterer, Alex Deucher, Daniel Vetter, Egbert Eich, Keith Packard, Rob Clark, Martin Peres,


Matt Dew,


Agenda: logo request, woes, gsoc, voting, outreachy, evoc payement woes being addressed, meanwhile (without www. it redirects to mailman because of the ad-hoc mail setup) (the https:// is important) and {secretary,board,members} serve as intermediate names for the same old servers - it's just a DNS issue because the DNS server died.

Gsoc started, need ideas!

Items discussed

ITEM: request to use logo derived from logo
Egbert looked at it, board votes to decline
ACTIONS: Daniel to send mail with decision
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: woes
Daniel handling this with Leon, with the great help of fd.o admins. Leon on
vacation but will try to update dns records as soon as possible.
ACTIONS: Daniel to handle with Leon
ACTIONS: Peter to ping Daniel Stone to fix up the plain
redirect to point at
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: elections
All ready using the fallback domains to proceed. Peter sent out an election
howto for posterity to board@. Concers about proceeding while is down,
will stall if isn't in working shape again by the time the nomination
period starts (on 22th Feb).
ACTIONS: Peter to start nomination on 22th Feb (if is working again), or
as soon as works after that date. Secretary enjoys snowboarding meanwhile.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: gsoc
Started, need to fill in ideas:
ACTIONS: Alex to send out announcement to (more) mailing lists.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: outreachy
Discussed at length on board@, summary is that it's complicated and there's some
serious challenges to make outreachy work. If we can figure these out, maybe
next year another attempt. Help and ideas very much welcome.
ACTION: Peter&Daniel to chat more with Sarah