Summary of the 18 August 2016 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Peter Hutterer, Alex Deucher, Daniel Vetter, Bryce Harrington, Egbert Eich, Keith Packard, Rob Clark, Martin Peres,



Agenda: travel requests (Samuel & Sebastian), SPI transfer, financial records,, gsoc

SPI transfer moving ahead, rolling out donations pages&links now!

Items discussed

ITEM: travel sponsoring
Flight for Samual Pitoiset for roughly 350 EUR approved.
Travel for Sebastion just for coverage denied. Board will reconsider
once the paper committee has made a decision whether to accept Sebastian's talk
or not (since it's not on a traditional XDC topic). Board also discussed the
travel sponsoring policy and clarified that an accepted talk is needed. There's
an exception for lwn-like in-depth coverage of the talks, since those are
essentially the XDC proceeedings.
ACTIONS: Daniel to reply to Samuel&Sebastian
ACTIONS: Bryce to clarify our travel sponsoring policy per the discussion.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: spi transfers
We can accept donations now! Bryce&Stuart will keep chasing the closure of the Foundation Delaware corp. Decision on where/how to store the financial
records is postponed, we might want to look into stuff like git-crypt.
ACTIONS: Bryce to update the wiki with sponsor links.
ACTIONS: Daniel to send the drafted closure paper to Bryce for handling taxes.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: gsoc
Running nominally, ending soon.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: domain
No updates.
ACTIONS: Egbert to keep chasing.
STATUS: Pending