Summary of the 02 February 2017 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Peter Hutterer, Martin Peres, Alex Deucher, Daniel Vetter, Bryce Harrington, Egbert Eich, Rob Clark,


Keith Packard,

Guest: Kat


Agenda: gsoc, paper committee writeup, khronos, elections, membership agreement, financial records, board wiki

gsoc: Still need to do the application, and everyone who would like to mentor or has project ideas: Please update the wiki!

xdc16 paper committee feedback write-up, comments welcome:

elections: renewals are progressing. most likely we'll also have an updated membership agreement ready to vote on this election.

Daniel away for next mtg, Egbert to be secretary.

Items discussed

ITEM: Gsoc
Application needs to be done until 9th. Also still need more/updated project
ides. Kat & Rob volunteered to help out with admin duties. Kat mentioned that
there's also a 500$ stipend for successful students to attend conferences like
ACTIONS: Martin to complete application and add admins.
ACTIONS: Martin to send out reminder mail
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: khronos
SPI replied, but no answer yet.
ACTIONS: Daniel to keep pinging SPI
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: elections
Need to wait 30 days after membership expiration, next step pushed back to 19th
Feb. Board wiki for election process notes still down. Alex copied things over
ACTIONS: Alex&Peter are on it.
ACTIONS: Alex will send out a renewal reminder on the usual lists.
ACTIONS: Robclark to resurrect the board wiki
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: updated membership agreement
Robclark edited it to taste (we haven't updated it since over 10 years), one
tiny edit still discussed on irc.
ACTIONS: Every board member: Please read final version and vote on board@
ACTIONS: Robclark to send out final pdf/sha1 for review
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: financial records
Bryce waiting for review on his branch at ssh:// encrypt-financials
ACTIONS: Board members to send gpg keys to bryce for encryption.
STATUS: Pending