Summary of the 27 April 2017 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Martin Peres, Alex Deucher, Bryce Harrington, Egbert Eich, Keith Packard, Rob Clark, Taylor Campbell

Absent: Daniel Vetter


Agenda: elections, website sponsorship, dissolution paperwork, gsoc, evoc, khronos, coc

Board approved two expenses relating to getting the old Foundation legal entity dissolved.

GSoC allocated 5 slots for us this year. Project acceptances will be announced shortly, work to kickoff soon.

Items discussed

ITEM: elections
board@ member&admins have been updated.
gpg keys received from Rob+Taylor+Martin, added to repo, and directions mailed.
Remaining actions still in process.
ACTIONS: Rob+Taylor to become board server admins, taking over from
ACTIONS: Rob+Taylor to update the membership agreement everywhere (but
especially on the new member form on
ACTIONS: Daniel to start a thread to figure out a better mtg slot for Europe
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: sponsorship placement on the website
The request was identified as fake/spam.
Might still be worth doing some day, but going to backburner for now.
Item can be reopened later if/when it seems worth undertaking.

ITEM: Dissolution paperwork
Bryce is continuing to work with Delaware and NRAI on getting the
dissolution finalized.  Board voted to pay two related expenses: a) $10
fee for dissolution with State of Delaware, b) $199 for our annual NRAI
ACTIONS: Bryce to finalize dissolution with Delaware
ACTIONS: Bryce to pay NRAI dues
ACTIONS: Bryce to terminate NRAI account
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: gsoc
Google announced slot allocations Monday, got 5 projects.
Martin will continue supervising/monitoring mentors/students, and ensure
students are posting a blog entry per week.
Taylor added as gsoc orc admin.
No further board-level actions required at this time.

ITEM: evoc
Rob has followed up on all the EVoC requests submitted so far.
No further action required until concrete proposals are received.

ITEM: khronos
Martin's gotten an answer from SPI.
ACTIONS: Martin to put SPI in direct contact with khronos.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: code of conduct
Everyone's had a chance to voice thoughts.  If there's any followup
actions needed, danvet can re-open item later.