Summary of the 09 June 2017 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Martin Peres, Alex Deucher, Bryce Harrington, Egbert Eich, Keith Packard, Rob Clark, Taylor Campbell,

Absent: Daniel Vetter,



Items discussed

ITEM: evoc
Clarifications discussed for what satisfies the "upstream contribution"
requirement.  Just setting up a github project skeleton isn't sufficient.
ACTIONS: Rob Clark to continue following up with current set of student apps
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: gsoc
Coding started last tuesday.
ACTIONS: mupuf to send blog requirement reminder to students
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: coc
No updates.
ACTIONS: Riastradh preparing proposal to send to lsit
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: sponsorship levels
Proposal for setting general sponsorship levels w/ perks involving website logo
placements was sent to the list.  Adoption of proposal was voted on by
board: 7 Aye, 0 Nay.
ACTIONS: bryce to post the policy to website
ACTIONS: bryce to contact potential sponsor with the level info
ACTIONS: bryce to investigate how to get verification of sponsor payments
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc sponsorship
Discussed directed sponsorship for XDC as separate from the above.
Sponsorship could cover venue-related costs, travel sponsorship,
in-kind donations and/or extracurricular events.  Details to be worked
out as part of event planning processes.
ACTIONS: robclark to make a proposal for event sponsorship guidelines
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: khronos
No updates.  Still awaiting word.
ACTIONS: Martin keeps pushing
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc18
No updates.
ACTIONS: Daniel to start the RFP process for hosting proposals
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Board meeting timeslot change
No updates.
ACTIONS: Daniel to wrangle up a new time to propose
STATUS: Pending