Summary of the 07 Dezember 2017 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Martin Peres, Daniel Vetter, Bryce Harrington, Rob Clark, Taylor Campbell, Keith Packard,


Alex Deucher, Egbert Eich,


Agenda: gsoc, evoc, fd.o, sponsoring level unification, xorg logo usage

Evoc for 18 >= age only.

Items discussed

ITEM: board git repo access for Tayloer
Short discussion to get xorg-bod.git access for Taylor, somehow that didn't
ACTIONS: Taylor to ping fd.o admins
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: gsoc students for fosdem devroom
1 interested, questionable we have more slots
ACTIONS: Martin on it.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: evoc
Question from a student whether 18+ age is required or not. Board votes to
follow GSoCs lead, for simplicitly and it's a pain.
ACTIONS: Rob to update wiki and reply
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: sponsoring unification
Bryce sent a draft to board@
ACTIONS: Everyone to read&comment and Bryce to revise.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xorg logo usage request
Once again a discussion about having a proper trademark policy. Current swirl logo is from 2001 (per Keith), maybe even older.
Request itself seems unclear, so declined until further information is
ACTIONS: Daniel to send reply