Summary of the 18 Januar 2018 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs

Attendees

Present:

Alex Deucher, Daniel Vetter, Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Rob Clark, Taylor Campbell, Egbert Eich,

Absent:

Martin Peres,

Summary

Agenda: gsoc, treasurer's report, xdc date, election

Gsoc org application deadline 23rd Jan, ready mentoring projects!

Elections, we need candidates for the board again!

XDC18 will be 26-28th Sept

Items discussed

ITEM: gsoc
Martin+Taylor volunteer for org admin, Alex volunteers to help out.
No student travel request for fosdem.
ACTIONS: Martin will submit the application tonight-ish.
ACTIONS: Martin check with Igalia for visa invitation letters (we'll probably
need them).
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: treasure report
Blocked on SPI sending updated data
ACTIONS: Bryce is on it
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc date
Igalia propsed 26-28th Sept, that seems to fit fairly well with other
conferences (and this year doesn't clash with the khr f2f!). Board votes to go
with that.
STATUS: Done

ITEM: elections
Egbert decided to not re-run, big kudos for all his time on the board. Election
committee is Rob, Martin, Taylor, Egbert and Daniel. Tentatively Rob+Taylor to
run the show.
Election procedure docs: https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Elections/
ACTIONS: Rob+Taylor to roll the process, starting with membership expiry.
ACTIONS: Need to start finding candidates
STATUS: Pending