Summary of the 01 Februar 2018 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs

Attendees

Present: Alex Deucher, Daniel Vetter, Bryce Harrington, Egbert Eich, Keith Packard, Rob Clark, Taylor Campbell,

Absent:

Martin Peres,

Summary

Agenda: gsoc, treasurer's report, election, sponsoring

Memberships expired, elections will commence soon.

Items discussed

ITEM: Gsoc
Application sent, answer in 2-3 weeks
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: treasurer report
SPI expects that the financial data will only be available by July :-/
This is also trouble since we can't tell whether sponsors paid or not.
ACTIONS: Bryce to poke SPI for faster turnaround
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: elections
Membership renewal is in progres. Also discussed how much we really want to keep
hacking on our current custom membership/voting platform that no one really
seems to understand. Also need to start looking for board candidates
ACTIONS: Rob will prep the wiki page with preliminary timeline proposal for the
actual election
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: sponsoring
Some confusion around sponsoring levels, need to push the unified sponsoring
plan forward. Discussion about whether the more clickspam sponsors for the
website are good or too much effort for little to no gain. The real sponsors all
come in through XDC. Also talked about simplifiy the website sponsoring, to
reduce admin overhead.
ACTIONS: Bryce to propose an update for the website sponsoring policy.
ACTIONS: Daniel to propose a clarification for about the XDC organizer discount
and what it's meant to compensate.
STATUS: Pending